Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Anyway, getting back to the main topic, Odinson and Lady Sif get married. My sleeper bet.
    I don't think we're going to see that with Aaron at the helm.

Sif is lucky to get a guest appearance these days, and she was so important to the movies that they never even bothered to address her .

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It's funny how Kitty has been at her most interesting in recent years by being engaged or about to marry characters like Star Lord, and now possibly Colossus. She probably should have married Piotr as soon as she got back from being inside the space bullet
    But she's almost never been single in recent years (since the bullet). She went from Colossus to Iceman to Star-Lord to Colossus with only a few issues in between.

And that's the main crux: she's sucked in the modern era because writers are more interested in hooking her up with their self-inserts than actually writing her as a character. And honestly she only got back with Piotr the first time because she was happy he wasn't dead, and vice versa for when she got back from the bullet. I may be inexperienced but I don't think that's the most solid foundation on which to build a marriage.

I think Wiccan and Hulkling are a good guess: they are engage, a gay alien is very "progressive", these two are technically their own heroes instead of legacy heroes so even critics are cool with these guys, Marvel can say that this is their 2nd gay wedding.

An alternate guess would be Jane and Sam's deathbed wedding before Jane passes.

I can't see Marvel promoting a wedding featuring X characters

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

CBR list the suspects, and yep, Peter and Bobbi are one possibility

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-wedding-speculation
    Of course the one couple that has been consistently together over the years and is already engaged doesn't even come up because they're not as gimmicky as the others. I mean, you know we've hit rock bottom when ''but they have a movie coming up!'' is a reason to get people married in comics.

The more I think about it, the more I'm sure it'll be Kitty and Piotr. And judging by X-Men Gold? Yeah, I'm totally expecting plain nostalgia pandering instead of an actual worthwhile story.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-16-2017 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I would think Iron Man marrying one of his long-time love interests would be a bigger deal then his girlfriend of five minutes, but when has that ever stopped Marvel >
    I think that's the beauty/irony with Tony Stark. It doesn't matter whether he's marrying a long-time love interest or a girlfriend he barely knows. It's still a "Wedding of the Century" in the sense that it involves Tony Stark, one of the richest and most influential men in the Marvel Universe. It also involves Iron Man, one of Marvel's most popular characters in both the comics and the MCU. He doesn't just have the clout to throw a "Wedding of the Century." He has the resources as well. That's why I think his involvement is more likely than most. But depending on how the events of X-men Gold pan out, Kitty/Colossus is still at the top of that list.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Dude, has Marvel gotten that boring when a couple needs hype instead of comicbook action events.

This just wants me to stray away from Mary Jane even more shes boring.
    Last edited by SpideyCeo; 11-16-2017 at 05:00 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    No she isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Dude, has Marvel gotten that boring when a couple needs hype instead of comicbook action events.

I highly doubt the character was ever a consideration for the part, despite arguably being extremely iconic in terms of the subject.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I think that's the beauty/irony with Tony Stark. It doesn't matter whether he's marrying a long-time love interest or a girlfriend he barely knows. It's still a "Wedding of the Century" in the sense that it involves Tony Stark, one of the richest and most influential men in the Marvel Universe. It also involves Iron Man, one of Marvel's most popular characters in both the comics and the MCU. He doesn't just have the clout to throw a "Wedding of the Century." He has the resources as well. That's why I think his involvement is more likely than most. But depending on how the events of X-men Gold pan out, Kitty/Colossus is still at the top of that list.
    Well, I think that does actually matter, because one possibility is definitely more meaningful and sensible then the other .

Tony getting married would definitely be fun and would add an interesting wrinkle to his character that's been known as a playboy for so long.

Jokes on you, the ongoing realities with a married Peter and MJ currently outnumber the post-OMD reality. We've never actually went a year without the Spider-Marriage being in print either. Even if Peter and MJ don't get remarried, the Spider-Marriage will continue to thrive one way or another.
    Cool, sounds like you'll have a lot of reading material to satiate your marriage fix while they do new and different things with him in the main continuity
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Cool, sounds like you'll have a lot of reading material to satiate your marriage fix while they do new and different things with him in the main continuity
    I don't think it quite works that way, but I'm not sure how.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

It's probably Kitty and Colossus, sadly...

Maybe that's why she's supposed to be getting the Shadowcat uniform back in the annual. She's currently known by her civilian name, but that'll change if she gets married. She'll be Kitty Rasputin.

The solicits later today should show some changes for X-Men Gold...

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe that's why she's supposed to be getting the Shadowcat uniform back in the annual. She's currently known by her civilian name, but that'll change if she gets married. She'll be Kitty Rasputin.

The solicits later today should show some changes for X-Men Gold...
    You're assuming she'll take his name, which is not always the case. And even if she did take his name on paper, she could always choose to still publicly go by Pryde, since that's the name people are already familiar with. I really hope they don't try to make ''Kitty Rasputin'' a thing. It doesn't sound right and we don't need the constant reminder of this sexist tradition anyway.