Default Gotham to tease Joker in every season 1 episode.

Apparently a different aspect of the Joker's personality/origin will be present in every season 1 episode of Gotham. Each will be portrayed by a different actor and only one will end up being the actual Joker. Frankly I think this is brilliant. It's the smartest thing they could have done. Though it may be too soon if they actually plan on having the joker appear at the end of the first season.

BANNED

Of course they were going to use the Joker as much as humanly possible, of course they were. It all just seems so forced.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsabretooth View Post
    Of course they were going to use the Joker as much as humanly possible, of course they were. It all just seems so forced.
    That is the show's method from the sounds of things. Rush the build up instead of gradually developing.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Terrible idea.

BANNED

It could be a good idea if they literally tease every single possible origin without really following up on that character. Then when they actually do have the Joker appear, don't reveal which one was correct, or that any was correct.

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    It could be a good idea if they literally tease every single possible origin without really following up on that character. Then when they actually do have the Joker appear, don't reveal which one was correct, or that any was correct.
    that could work and be right in step with the character himself. Or it could be cheesy and forced iono time will tell.

Astonishing Member

"Lets show little hints of a character people want to see while most of the show deals with characters they don't care about, that way when they finish watching all they will talk about is joker!"

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    On the old board I had suggested this, never thinking they would but hoping it. Like they could have a Red Hood criminal and they could have a mobster named Jack Napier (not sure if they'll pick those but I hope so) it gets them a Joker origin without having to lock down an origin for the Joker.

Of course the same people who have never had anything positive to say about the show still don't.

Not going to lie that sounds like a terrible idea.

I mean it could work, but even then it'd seems like it'd make the whole thing too Joker centric.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

The Joker is the worst
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Part-Time Pen Monkey

I suggested this idea a couple months back as well in another thread. Still on the fence about the show, but I think its probably the best option, so everyone can still pick their favorite origin story.

Why the hell didnt they just make a Batman show?
    Freaking everyone is in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Why the hell didnt they just make a Batman show?
    Freaking everyone is in it.
    I was wondering that very same thing myself...

It's one of the reasons I don't expect Gotham to last very long. Smallville at least had Superman in it doing shit and having adventures. Sure it started getting silly when they had Supergirl and Booster Gold and Doomsday and the JSA show up before Superman even put on the damn cape, but at least he was there.

This, on the other hand, is them including pretty much all the major elements of Batman mythos, but sans the caped crusader himself. They are effectively making a Batman show without Batman.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan