View Poll Results: What did you think of "Justice League"?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amazing, one of if not the best comic book movie

15 6.49%
  • Very good, enjoyable and engaging, worth seeing again

128 55.41%
  • Alright, watchable, but nothing special; a bit of a disappointment

61 26.41%
  • A bad movie overall, a huge disappointment

21 9.09%
  • A disgrace, a total bomb, an aberration, Worst. Movie.Ever.

6 2.60%
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah, this wasn't that good. I respect BvS despite it being a mess because it tried to be something different even if it didn't succeed. This was just generic from start to finish. The cast is fine, but the movie they are in is not doing them any favors.
    For all this movie's flaws I definitely enjoyed it more than BvS. Probably mostly because of the new characters and the fact that it had some pace to it which BvS didn't have. After this movie and BvS I'm pretty sure that I will not be watching another movie written by Terrio in the theaters.

Incredible Member

I really loved the movie. Yes, there were some problems,CGI, marketing, but I thnk the good overweighed the bad, but unfortunately it didn't speak to the general audience.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister BoMan View Post
    I really loved the movie. Yes, there were some problems,CGI, marketing, but I thnk the good overweighed the bad, but unfortunately it didn't speak to the general audience.
    Or did it? I mean out of 8 friends that saw it, 7 liked it. They're all varying degrees of comic book fans.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    For all this movie's flaws I definitely enjoyed it more than BvS. Probably mostly because of the new characters and the fact that it had some pace to it which BvS didn't have. After this movie and BvS I'm pretty sure that I will not be watching another movie written by Terrio in the theaters.
    Not even Star Wars Episode IX? :P

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Or did it? I mean out of 8 friends that saw it, 7 liked it. They're all varying degrees of comic book fans.
    The people whom I have spoken to and haven't seen the movie yet say they plan to, but must wait because they're busy with work, school, or family activities related to the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Does anyone remember the competition out there when BvS came out? I honestly don't remember and am too lazy here at work on break to Google it !
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Literally everyone here at my workplace that saw JL Either really liked it . 8 people I know of. It wasn't that way with BvS. Of those 8, four liked it, two saw it as meh and two disliked it.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

Mighty Member

To be fair that is an extremely small sampling. That is why Cinemascore is the best measure of the general audience more so than RT or Metacritic. Honestly I think at this rate WB is hoping that JL can duplicate what Fantastic Beasts did last year with a same release date with similar completion from a Pixar movie a week later and a Star Wars movie in mid December. Granted Rogue One was next expected to put up Episode 8 numbers.

I saw a press screening and in the theaters. In both cases the movie ended with applause. To me it is more impressive to see that in the regular theater. But that can't compare to these box office numbers, critic reviews, Cinemascore ratings.
    Last edited by FlashEarthOne; 11-19-2017 at 04:01 PM.

I voted for "Very good, enjoyable and engaging" but I'm actually somewhere between that and "Alright, but a bit of a disappointment."

I had extremely low expectations going into this. I loved Man of Steel and Wonder Woman, felt Suicide Squad was a solid "C" grade, and will never forgive BvS for how it treated Clark and the title fight (and no amount of rationalizing has changed my stance on that, sorry Vanguard!). I didn't even want to see this; my wife and son dragged me to it.

However, in regards to the cast, this movie mostly did right by me. Every single scene Clark had was a total catharsis.....they handled him so well I could almost forget what BvS did to him for a moment. Diana was perfect, as she's been since she debuted. I seriously cannot say enough good things about Gal Gadot in this role. She has defined Diana for the modern world. Bruce was handled well, and there's some hint at the deeper psychological currents running through him after his many, many, many mistakes in BvS, without drowning the audience in it.

Of the new cast, I think they did beautifully with Cyborg. I was the most concerned about him, as he's not a household name like Flash and Aquaman are. And I wasn't sold on his visual in the trailers either. This movie totally proved me wrong and treated Vic really well, and there's a super quick little something right at the end concerning his "costume" that really, really pleased me. If his comic were handled as well as he was here, the sales would be a lot better. Aquaman was excellent, especially for a version of Arthur who has yet to take the crown of Atlantis, and Amber Heard's appearance as Mera was as spot on as such a small cameo can get.

Barry.....Ezra Miller did a great job with the role he was given, but I still maintain that the movie didn't use Barry Allen the character, but rather took all the general assumptions about who the Flash is, regardless of who is under the mask, and tossed them all into this movie's character who just happened to be named Barry. There are aspects in Miller's Flash that I do recognize as Barry, and he's absolutely a highlight of the film with some of the best lines (most of them actually) but that guy wasnt the Barry Allen I recognize.

Steppenwolf is......interesting. The voice acting is superb; far better than I expected and the visual is solid. But he, along with the plot, are about as thin as your average Marvel movie.

Pacing was actually pretty good, considering the run time and all the stuff that got cut out. It fit together a lot better than BvS did and I think an extended cut for JL will make this movie infinitely better.

My greatest disappointment here is that the whole thing felt like a Marvel movie. There wasn't as much humor as I had feared, but it tries to capture a similar tone and approach as the standard Marvel film, and while that works well for Marvel and I love those movies, I really liked that DC was trying to do something different and dig into a different, more nuanced psychology with their films....until their mistakes with BvS caused them to over-correct into the other extreme.

I'm satisfied that this movie was as good as it was ever going to be, but I wish it had been deeper.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Does anyone remember the competition out there when BvS came out? I honestly don't remember and am too lazy here at work on break to Google it !
    There wasn't much. It was a pretty clear field. I felt at the time (and still do) that the middle of March was a really weird time to release a major superhero movie.

Just about nothing about the DCEU has been quite "normal."

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I voted for "Very good, enjoyable and engaging" but I'm actually somewhere between that and "Alright, but a bit of a disappointment."

I had extremely low expectations going into this. I loved Man of Steel and Wonder Woman, felt Suicide Squad was a solid "C" grade, and will never forgive BvS for how it treated Clark and the title fight (and no amount of rationalizing has changed my stance on that, sorry Vanguard!). I didn't even want to see this; my wife and son dragged me to it.

However, in regards to the cast, this movie mostly did right by me. Every single scene Clark had was a total catharsis.....they handled him so well I could almost forget what BvS did to him for a moment. Diana was perfect, as she's been since she debuted. I seriously cannot say enough good things about Gal Gadot in this role. She has defined Diana for the modern world. Bruce was handled well, and there's some hint at the deeper psychological currents running through him after his many, many, many mistakes in BvS, without drowning the audience in it.

Of the new cast, I think they did beautifully with Cyborg. I was the most concerned about him, as he's not a household name like Flash and Aquaman are. And I wasn't sold on his visual in the trailers either. This movie totally proved me wrong and treated Vic really well, and there's a super quick little something right at the end concerning his "costume" that really, really pleased me. If his comic were handled as well as he was here, the sales would be a lot better. Aquaman was excellent, especially for a version of Arthur who has yet to take the crown of Atlantis, and Amber Heard's appearance as Mera was as spot on as such a small cameo can get.

Barry.....Ezra Miller did a great job with the role he was given, but I still maintain that the movie didn't use Barry Allen the character, but rather took all the general assumptions about who the Flash is, regardless of who is under the mask, and tossed them all into this movie's character who just happened to be named Barry. There are aspects in Miller's Flash that I do recognize as Barry, and he's absolutely a highlight of the film with some of the best lines (most of them actually) but that guy wasnt the Barry Allen I recognize.

Steppenwolf is......interesting. The voice acting is superb; far better than I expected and the visual is solid. But he, along with the plot, are about as thin as your average Marvel movie.

Pacing was actually pretty good, considering the run time and all the stuff that got cut out. It fit together a lot better than BvS did and I think an extended cut for JL will make this movie infinitely better.

My greatest disappointment here is that the whole thing felt like a Marvel movie. There wasn't as much humor as I had feared, but it tries to capture a similar tone and approach as the standard Marvel film, and while that works well for Marvel and I love those movies, I really liked that DC was trying to do something different and dig into a different, more nuanced psychology with their films....until their mistakes with BvS caused them to over-correct into the other extreme.

I'm satisfied that this movie was as good as it was ever going to be, but I wish it had been deeper.
    I really liked the brief scene between Clark and Bruce at the farm at the end. It actually shows them starting to build a genuine friendship.

It's too bad BvS has tainted the idea of another Superman and Batman team up film anytime soon. I'd love to see a world's finest type buddy film with Cavill and Affleck. Throw in the Riddler and Toyman as villains With Luthor and his shadowy legion in the background. Focus on the character interactions between our heroes. Have some interplay between Martha and Alfred ( I could see them as bonding over their " sons", not romantically though) throw in a little Lois and Selina... I'd watch it.

My son and I just came back from seeing JL, and we both thought it was very good. I think the thing about Snyder's DC movies (including Watchmen) is that IMO they are made for DC fans, not general audiences like MCU movies. So your metric about whether they are successful or not is going to depend on whether you are hoping these movies work as actual movies or if there are other things you're looking for. For me, I can appreciate when a movie works as a conventional movie (Wonder Woman or Spider-Man: Homecoming) and I also like seeing Snyder putting in easter eggs and putting more of some of the best Batman action scenes I've ever seen. For the sequel, they should have Snyder and Jenkins co-direct it.

Oh, and if you're a Superman fan who was thought his portrayal in the last two movies was too grim, you're in for a treat.
    Last edited by RumpusMagoo; 11-19-2017 at 04:44 PM.

I really liked the brief scene between Clark and Bruce at the farm at the end. It actually shows them starting to build a genuine friendship.

It's too bad BvS has tainted the idea of another Superman and Batman team up film anytime soon. I'd love to see a world's finest type buddy film with Cavill and Affleck. Throw in the Riddler and Toyman as villains With Luthor and his shadowy legion in the background. Focus on the character interactions between our heroes. Have some interplay between Martha and Alfred ( I could see them as bonding over their " sons", not romantically though) throw in a little Lois and Selina... I'd watch it.
    I'd love to see that. If not as its own movie, a prominent part of another.

That was good. As begrudging as I am to admit it, the character interaction between these two was pretty solid. Actually, everyone's interactions were really well done. Loved that bit between Clark and Vic towards the end too.

I just wish the film had dug into the deeper psychology of it all. This was a solid film, but it ran screaming away from the kind of deeper thinking MoS and BvS attempted. Sure, BvS failed to capture what it was going for, but DC's habit of over-compensating totally sucked the soul out of this movie.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That was good. As begrudging as I am to admit it, the character interaction between these two was pretty solid. Actually, everyone's interactions were really well done. Loved that bit between Clark and Vic towards the end too.

I just wish the film had dug into the deeper psychology of it all. This was a solid film, but it ran screaming away from the kind of deeper thinking MoS and BvS attempted. Sure, BvS failed to capture what it was going for, but DC's habit of over-compensating totally sucked the soul out of this movie.
    It definite'y over-compensated, but I'm not sure it ran away screaming. Bruce was dealing with his guilt about Superman's death and Diana's reluctance to lead stemming from her experiences in WW were surprises (especially the latter) that I felt strengthened the film.