Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Atlanteans VS Amazons

So, i was wondering about the general strenght of your average atlantean and then I remembered that they fought the amazons in the Flashpoin event (which I havent read, although the animated movie was awesome)

How do this two groups compared in terms of speed and strength? Any known strength/jump/speed feats of the "average" amazonian in current conitnuity? and how do they comparte to the feats of the same stuff for average altanteans of current coninuity?

any references to specific feats in specific comics are HIGHLY appreciated

I think the average Amazon is just a level or two above average Atlantean in strength. Speed and jumping maybe equal?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I think the average Amazon is just a level or two above average Atlantean in strength. Speed and jumping maybe equal?
    But based on what? I d honestly expect Atlanteans to be stronger. At LEAST Atlantean warriors be stronger than amazons (which are pretty much all warriors). Why? Cause they stand pressures in the ocean our submarines cant stand AND they swim through em. They just wiggle their arms and legs and swim around.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Yeah, realistically, the Atlanteans are probably stronger. The sheer strength it takes just to survive in their environment should make them ridiculously strong. The only way the Amazon's strength should be comparable, or even superior, to Atlantean strength is if magic is involved.

I'd say the average Amazon is in the Captain America level of strength, while the average Atlantean is more like......Spider-Man? I guess?
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Maybe in FLASHPOINT you can compare them... Both sides are in WAR.

BANNED

I'd argue Atlanteans are stronger and more durable while Amazonians are more skilled and possibly agile.

Diana is a Demigod. Atlantean Royal bloods seem to be stronger for some magical reason.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yeah, realistically, the Atlanteans are probably stronger. The sheer strength it takes just to survive in their environment should make them ridiculously strong. The only way the Amazon's strength should be comparable, or even superior, to Atlantean strength is if magic is involved.

I'd say the average Amazon is in the Captain America level of strength, while the average Atlantean is more like......Spider-Man? I guess?
    I d imagine amazons definetely stronger than Cap (assumin cap is top human strength, I dont know too much about Marvel) and atlanteans ... well nowhere near enough knowledge of Spiderman to say if thatīd be too much or to lil for em, but I imagine a regular atlantean to at least be able to raise a Bus with one hand.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I'd argue Atlanteans are stronger and more durable while Amazonians are more skilled and possibly agile.

Diana is a Demigod. Atlantean Royal bloods seem to be stronger for some magical reason.
    In just plain taste sense, I do prefer the idea of Wonderwoman being stronger and better warrior than Aquaman. Aquaman got that political power backing him which I really like. I would also like Aquaman knowing more secrets of mystical stuff and probably history, even if he doesnt know better than outright magic users how to use the secret goblet of X, he actually KNOWS it exists, you know?

I like the idea of saying Amazons are in general better warriors, like, almost all or all of em than almost any skilled Atlantean warrior... but prolly Atlantenas having too much speed and power to the point it just goes over amazonian warriorness.

I like the idea of Atlantean Royal bloods being stronger, that d be something I d like to read some more about.
    Last edited by Bobman; 11-24-2017 at 11:24 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Maybe in FLASHPOINT you can compare them... Both sides are in WAR.
    Hmm.... That's right, but I don't remember it being established one way or the other. My guess would be ... Amazons would be stronger and better fighters. That's what they're known for. They should also have some magic on their side on account of the gods. Atlantis should have overwhelming advantage in technology. It should have some magic on its side too.

The one thing we learned from Flashpoint ..... In an Atlantean vs Amazonian war, the ultimate loser would be the surface world. We'd end up as collateral damage.

if Just average Atlantean vs average Amazonian I would say the Atlantean would be more stronger and durable then Amazon.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Amazonians couldn't take the fight into the sea, but I guess it depends on who we're talking about. The Atlantean army? Or just average everyday Atlantean people? There are no "average everyday Amazonians" right? They're all warriors from birth?

It's a whole different ballgame. We're talking an island of special forces warriors, trained from birth vs a race of people of all types.

When in doubt, "Mera by default".
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 11-24-2017 at 02:37 PM.

Beyond the exceptions like Diana, Donna, Cassie, Artemis, and Hippolyta, have the other Amazons ever shown to have super strength, speed, or other such powers?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bobman View Post
    I d imagine amazons definetely stronger than Cap (assumin cap is top human strength, I dont know too much about Marvel) and atlanteans ... well nowhere near enough knowledge of Spiderman to say if thatīd be too much or to lil for em, but I imagine a regular atlantean to at least be able to raise a Bus with one hand.

In just plain taste sense, I do prefer the idea of Wonderwoman being stronger and better warrior than Aquaman. Aquaman got that political power backing him which I really like. I would also like Aquaman knowing more secrets of mystical stuff and probably history, even if he doesnt know better than outright magic users how to use the secret goblet of X, he actually KNOWS it exists, you know?

I like the idea of saying Amazons are in general better warriors, like, almost all or all of em than almost any skilled Atlantean warrior... but prolly Atlantenas having too much speed and power to the point it just goes over amazonian warriorness.

I like the idea of Atlantean Royal bloods being stronger, that d be something I d like to read some more about.
    Completely fine with that and it seems to be the case most of the time. Personally my only point in Diana/Arthur is that Arthur should make her work for it on land but take the fight at sea.

The Atlanteans should be way stronger and durable as their bodies have to deal with the extreme cold and pressure of the ocean depths. But I don’t think they would have all of Aquaman’s speed and leaping ability on land. The combination of his bloodline and the fact that he’s half human probably makes him peak Atlantean with added ability to use his strength and speed on the surface.
    The Amazons were created by the gods so they seem to have some super strength and speed. Wonder Woman obviously being way stronger and faster.
    So I’d give the strength advantage to the Atlanteans and the speed advantage to the Amazons.

Both cultures use magic so that area may be a wash.

I’d give the Atlanteans the advantage in technology as they have fleets of advanced warships. Some versions of the Amazons are technologically advanced but being on a small isolated island probably doesn’t require them to build tons of planes and other war machines.

I see the Amazons in the low-tier metahuman class (Highest Strength Level: Enhanced - 2,000 tons, similar to Wolverine), they are stronger and faster than normal humans but they are vulnerable to sharp objects as well as bullets. I would say that Amazons are better in adept to combat because they were born and bred to fight. Wonder Woman is a demi-god so she far surpassed the Amazons in terms of strength, speed and other abilities.

I see the Atlanteans a little bit higher than the Amazons (Highest Strength Level: Enhanced - 4,000 tons, similar to Dracula) because they live in the deep oceans of the seas, so their body are much stronger to bullets and blunt force, and pretty close to being bulletproof. I see Atlanteans naturally stronger than Amazons, maybe the peakest of amazons could possibly match their strength but I see the Amazon having more dexterity. Aquaman has royal blood which makes him more stronger than an ordinary atlantean, I have a theory that his royal blood makes him a descendant of the Greek God, Poseidon.

The Amazons are better when it comes to combat but Atlanteans has always have highly advanced technology (something that Amazons in most versions don't have) and extensive resources of sorcery. I would say that f Wonder Woman and Aquaman are not involved in a fight between the two species, then I see the Atlanteans winning due to their stronger bodies and resources in both science and magic.
    Last edited by Incognito; 11-24-2017 at 04:45 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Completely fine with that and it seems to be the case most of the time. Personally my only point in Diana/Arthur is that Arthur should make her work for it on land but take the fight at sea.
    Unless distracted, she would see that coming. I really liked her fight with Superman on the infinite Crisis stuff. Then again, out of subject.

I could see some atlanteans coming in to save Aquaman and THEN the fight coming to water, I dont know why i think she wouldnt expect that. Oh well