View Poll Results: What did you think of "Justice League"?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amazing, one of if not the best comic book movie

15 6.49%
  • Very good, enjoyable and engaging, worth seeing again

128 55.41%
  • Alright, watchable, but nothing special; a bit of a disappointment

61 26.41%
  • A bad movie overall, a huge disappointment

21 9.09%
  • A disgrace, a total bomb, an aberration, Worst. Movie.Ever.

6 2.60%
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Finally saw the movie, and it was a LOT better than BvS, and a bit better than MOS, since there wasn't such a massive loss of life - except for the Amazon's.

(It was heartbreaking to see them sacrifice their lives to try to stop Steppenwolf.)

I hope that, once word of mouth gets around about the much more uplifting story, the box office will recover.

(And, I think that there's a good shot of that, the theater was quite full today....)

But, this HAS to be the LAST DC movie that has Zack Snyder as the director.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Neil Diamond, John Lennon, and Paul McCartney?
    Of course, they are my heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I saw it again today (my third time) and it seems like I just love this movie more and more each time I see it. It holds up. I really want to see all these guys get back for another movie. Maybe denial works--it works in American politics--why shouldn't it work for DC movies? So I'm just going to be like Wonder Woman and Micky Dolenz, a believer. If enough people come together, with a little luck, we can make this whole damned thing work out.
    I can't wait to see it again. It's all a blur to me now, as I saw it in a Monday advance screening before any embargoes lifted and I geeked out so hard I couldn't remember half of it by the end. That's largely owing to various chronic illnesses that have left me without a short-term memory at all which is also the reason I haven't made it back since that screening. I've been bedridden for months and the advance screening was the first thing that got me out of bed for several hours at once since July. And because one always has to line up hours in advance it took a lot out of me. But I've just strung 4 good health days together and, though I had to spend them entirely catching up on work I was behind on from being sick, I'm clearly on the upswing and will make it back out to the cinema soon.

Does anyone know if WB's announced the release date to purchase on Amazon or wherever? What I'm really dying to do is buy the movie so I can watch it over and over and rewind my favorite parts. I distinctly remember reaching for a phantom remote control to do that very thing when I was watching the movie because I'm so used to watching on TV (5 years mostly bedridden now) I'm used to being able to do that. When I realized I wanted to and couldn't, while watching the movie in I-max, I took a brief second to realize how badly I want to buy the movie so I can play my favorite parts over again and again and pause my favorite images and rewind and play back my favorite parts.

That's mainly because, to me, JL doesn't so much succeed as a movie as it does as a series of truly glorious moments. And that is A-OK with this fanboy. I don't care if it's a "good" or "great" movie. It's the movie I've been waiting for my whole life and now that I've seen it I'm incredibly eager to own it.
    Last edited by BatmanJones; 11-23-2017 at 08:37 PM.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I've been waiting for my whole life and now that I've seen it I'm incredibly eager to own it.
    Same here man. I've had friends with short-term memory problems, so you have my sympathies. Watching JL today, there were times when I wanted to go back over a scene. Some bits go by so fast it's hard to retain them.

I'm curious, too, when the movie will come out digitally and on DVD. Not too soon, I hope, because it should have a long theatrical run. But maybe around March would be my guess.

My sympathies, Batman Jones and Jim Kelly! I suffer from arthritis myself, and it's rough going up those steep steps to get to the middle of the viewing screen!

My sympathies BatmanJones. Also, Koriandr Jean as well as the friends of Jim Kelly. I can't comprehend the long wait which fans like you had for this movie. I am waiting for the DVD. One can't be satisfied by one watch. How many viewings are there? Not enough.

Pardon my poor attempt at a joke. The film is really something special to me.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 11-23-2017 at 10:23 PM.

I was between the:

Very good, enjoyable and engaging, worth seeing again

Alright, watchable, but nothing special; a bit of a disappointment

Fantastic Member

I saw it tonight. If you like superheroes then you will probably think this is okay and maybe even a little better than okay. If you are not it into superheroes then you will probably find Justice League tedious. It's okay but not so good that it will appeal to people who are not fans of the genre.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Man....I've seen it a few more times, and I gotta say that my enjoyment of the movie has lessened with each viewing.

I started at an 8, but am now at a 5.5-6/10. It's just okay/fine, now. It's too basic, and by the number to really enjoy, IMO.

It's such a departure from MoS, and BvS, but not in a good way. What this movie needed was a co-director, with Snyder's sensibilities, but is a better storyteller, and better with character. Nolan, Affleck, or Villanueve, or directors like that would've been perfect to co-direct this movie with Snyder. They're also much better editors than Whedon.
    Last edited by TooFlyToFail; 11-23-2017 at 11:18 PM.

I would've loved to watch a Justice League film directed by Zack Snyder, but it wasn't to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
    I would've loved to watch a Justice League film directed by Zack Snyder, but it wasn't to be.
    It would've at least looked epic. Look at that scope, and camera work, in BvS and especially MoS. Its like they let a child direct this movie in comparison. There's zero atmosphere in this movie. However WB wanted this to be Avengers, so Zack acquiesced, and the Whedon finished the job. Hell, Avengers at least felt epic at points....this not so much.

Haven't seen the movie yet but i've been very happy when reading positive reviews about the movie to see people saying how much fun they had. That's a big thing to me/i feel like that's one of the main responses i want to see from a superhero movie is "i had fun" and what was missing from the other films. I've seen pictures and enthusiasm with families and kids enjoying the movie. I've read a few breakdowns of what was added to the movie through reshoots and things like this. The few clips i've seen of Superman feels to me much closer to the comic book superhero and not just Superman being put into a dark and hopeless graphic novel.

These observations have me excited to watch the movie when it comes to home video. I don't go to the movie theatre it's just home video for me. I felt that Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman were extremely bad representations for Superman. Basically took the character who is the embodiment of hope in comics and made it hopeless. Couldn't be more wrong in my opinion. With the Wonder Woman movie showing heart which is what i believe Wonder Woman represents and there potentially being more hope for Superman here and going forward which i believe is what Superman represents. I'm becoming more excited about the DCEU/DC Movies going forward. Thanks Geoff Johns/Patty Jenkins/Joss Whedon and whoever else helped bring this current DCEU vision DC is heading in. I love the Marvel movies and enjoy Marvel's comics but DC has always been my favorite and what DC was doing with their movie verse was so disappointing before Wonder Woman and now hopefully this Justice League movie and then Aquaman. I like some of Snyder's films but i believe he was completely the wrong fit to lead the DCEU. If i heard Justice League was just more of the same as Man of Steel, Suicide Squad, and Batman vs Superman i probably would've just written the DC Movie 'verse off at that point and put all of my faith in Marvel's movies and stuck to the DC series. Legends of Tomorrow, Flash, Supergirl are doing really good things in my view and Arrow still has it's moments, i've had little complaints about DC's series it's just their movies i've been disappointed with mainly. It sucks how spoiled and terrible DC fans are behaving on social media over the entire situation and change and direction and style/tone but people being horrible on social media is kind of the new normal now so i guess it's best to avoid it and move on to more positive things. Good job DC on the turnaround.
    Last edited by SXVA; 11-24-2017 at 02:47 AM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    Haven't seen the movie yet but i've been very happy when reading positive reviews about the movie to see people saying how much fun they had. That's a big thing to me/i feel like that's one of the main responses i want to see from a superhero movie is "i had fun" and what was missing from the other films. I've seen pictures and enthusiasm with families and kids enjoying the movie. I've read a few breakdowns of what was added to the movie through reshoots and things like this. The few clips i've seen of Superman feels to me much closer to the comic book superhero and not just Superman being put into a dark and hopeless graphic novel.

These observations have me excited to watch the movie when it comes to home video. I don't go to the movie theatre it's just home video for me. I felt that Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman were extremely bad representations for Superman. Basically took the character who is the embodiment of hope in comics and made it hopeless. Couldn't be more wrong in my opinion. With the Wonder Woman movie showing heart which is what i believe Wonder Woman represents and there potentially being more hope for Superman here and going forward which i believe is what Superman represents. I'm becoming more excited about the DCEU/DC Movies going forward. Thanks Geoff Johns/Patty Jenkins/Joss Whedon and whoever else helped bring this current DCEU vision DC is heading in. I love the Marvel movies and enjoy Marvel's comics but DC has always been my favorite and what DC was doing with their movie verse was so disappointing before Wonder Woman and now hopefully this Justice League movie and then Aquaman. I like some of Snyder's films but i believe he was completely the wrong fit to lead the DCEU. If i heard Justice League was just more of the same as Man of Steel, Suicide Squad, and Batman vs Superman i probably would've just written the DC Movie 'verse off at that point and put all of my faith in Marvel's movies and stuck to the DC series. Legends of Tomorrow, Flash, Supergirl are doing really good things in my view and Arrow still has it's moments, i've had little complaints about DC's series it's just their movies i've been disappointed with mainly. It sucks how spoiled and terrible DC fans are behaving on social media over the entire situation and change and direction and style/tone but people being horrible on social media is kind of the new normal now so i guess it's best to avoid it and move on to more positive things. Good job DC on the turnaround.
    Lol, you say the DCEU fans are spoiled because they don't like the new tone, and direction, yet in the same post complained about how MoS, and BvS, didn't depict Superman how he "should be", and how you would've wrote it off if it didn't change. Sounds the same, to me.

Also, people are complaining because this Whedon Cut is chopped up, has bad CGI (due to the lighting, and the new setting of the end fight), has awkward tonal changes, and is very thin on plot.

I'm a fan of MoS, and BvS:UE. I also enjoyed WW. However, after 4 viewings of JL, I've come down from my initial excitement, and have decided that the film is just....fine.
    Last edited by TooFlyToFail; 11-24-2017 at 03:32 AM.

I found another complaint. I love the lighter tone so much, but I wish Batman had a stick up his butt like the JLI comics. Some of the humorous moments with him didn't work. I thought the Flash humor really worked but most of the good stuff was already in the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Same here man. I've had friends with short-term memory problems, so you have my sympathies. Watching JL today, there were times when I wanted to go back over a scene. Some bits go by so fast it's hard to retain them.

I'm curious, too, when the movie will come out digitally and on DVD. Not too soon, I hope, because it should have a long theatrical run. But maybe around March would be my guess.
    Just in time for my birthday. Perfect. Thanks for the kind words.