View Poll Results: What did you think of "Justice League"?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amazing, one of if not the best comic book movie

15 6.49%
  • Very good, enjoyable and engaging, worth seeing again

128 55.41%
  • Alright, watchable, but nothing special; a bit of a disappointment

61 26.41%
  • A bad movie overall, a huge disappointment

21 9.09%
  • A disgrace, a total bomb, an aberration, Worst. Movie.Ever.

6 2.60%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Default How did YOU like Zack Snyder's Justice League? (NO SPOILERS-Vote after watching)

We have some of our very own catching the movie early and the rest of us will be able to see it in just a few days now. Please vote and explain your choice without giving any spoilers away (until like a month later I guess).

Some talking points:

How did you like the overall plot/storyline?

How did you find the tone?

How did you like the individual characterizations and the characters' interactions?

Did you like the action sequences?

How do you think general audiences will react to it?

And do you think the future of the franchise looks bright, dark, or still unsteady after this film?

It gives me great relief to be the first vote in this poll and to give it the top possible score. (I'm just home from Monday night screening in Houston.) Responses to talking points in bold and underline (to distinguish from yours) below..

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Some talking points:

How did you like the overall plot/storyline? The plot/storyline was the film's only shortcoming. I think that would have been fixed by an extra 30 minutes. Such an arbitrary and creativity-quashing thing to prescribe the time of the film from on high. I didn't mind the plot but it was thin and wasn't the point of the movie. The point, which is achieved so well, was the characters and their relationships.

How did you find the tone? Hard to say in a way. The stakes were high but these characters were having fun together. Not in the way the Avengers did in their first film which felt cheap to me. The fun in this film comes directly from the relationships which are all familiar to longtime fans.

How did you like the individual characterizations and the characters' interactions? This was the film's strongest point and it's why the movie is so great.

Did you like the action sequences? Yes, they were incredible. I'll quote a tweet that I saw somewhere that said there were more "Batman" Batman moments in this film than in any prior one. Enjoy the warehouse fight in BvS? I did. This movie made me forget it from the sheer amount of wonderful action sequences with great moments for each and every character.

How do you think general audiences will react to it? I hope I'm not wrong. I honestly think it will be very popular.

And do you think the future of the franchise looks bright, dark, or still unsteady after this film?As bright as bright can be. This was one of the things that was making me so excited while watching it: what it mean for the future of DC films.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

2nd guy on the board. Damn good, and enjoyable, movie we have here. Very much a marriage of two styles, but still very much Snyder's, and it is NOT a drastic departure from the tone of Mos, and BvS:UE. It's a clear continuation, and natural change. Basically Terrio coming through on the promise he made PRIOR to the release of BvS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post

The weakest part of the movie, only because it's purposely thin. It was fine.

It was a natural progression of the tone from BvS:UE. Light when appropriate, or if that's what/how the character would say/react. Nothing drastic, which is good.

How did you like the individual characterizations and the characters' interactions?

These versions of Wonder Woman, and Batman, are THE definitive versions. Period. The only way Batfleck is allowed to stop being Batman is if he's killed off, or his Bruce relinquishes the mantle of Batman. Period. He's a perfect blend of the comic, BTAS, and video game Batman. Barry was good as our proxy into all the craziness. His reaction to seeing Steppenwolf the first time is priceless. Aquabro was fun, but he didn't get as much as Victor, and Barry, due to his movie being next (I'm guessing). Tho,
    it fit his loner characterization. Supes is back, and he's honestly like Geoff Johns' and Greg Pak's take on New52 Superman, which is a good thing IMO.

Steppenwolf doesn't get too much, which is fine (you'll see why), but his characterization as a desperate, pompous and formidable, veteran general is very good. He's got the best dialogue besides Bruce and Diana.

The action sequences are not the pinnacle, but very good, and very clear. DAT SUPERMAN FIGHT SCENE, THO....

The only CBM this year that comes close is Logan, when it comes to fights.

I think they'll enjoy it very well. It's like Avengers, but it takes itself more seriously. Should make a billion.

And do you think the future of the franchise looks bright, dark, or still unsteady after this film?

It depends on the stories are told, but based off the ending (the 2nd end credits scene) it's looking DAMN bright. I'm serious, if they do what they say they will....it looks like WB/DC is building up to two glorious all-out wars of god-like proportions.

Overall, I'd give it an 8-8.5/10. 2nd best CBM this year, after Logan.
    Last edited by TooFlyToFail; 11-14-2017 at 12:00 AM.

TheSupernaut please!

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I hope to have a review up on my blog soon but I just got back from seeing it. My response falls basically between the "all right" and "very good" options. It certainly wasn't a disappointment but it's undoubtedly flawed.

Very weak. By far the worst part of the film and it felt secondary at best to everything else going on. Superhero movies aren't really known for their plots but this was still pretty bad.

Now this is more like it! Fun, humorous and genuinely heroic.

I don't understand why Cyborg is now a founding member in the comics and I don't get it here. He's mostly just a boring, "angry black man" without much else going for him. Otherwise, the characters and character interactions were great. I'm still not sold on Cavill as Superman but he isn't as mopey here as he was in the past - though the weird CGI work they did to remove his moustache is very off putting. Beyond that, the rest of the League were great fun and their interactions were the film's biggest selling point. Wonder Woman is still the standout but the Flash, Batman and Aquaman are very enjoyable too - even if not always comic-book-faithful.

Largely nothing we haven't seen before but Wonder Woman and Flash do have some pretty great action scenes.

After the morose and boring BVS, I'm sure general audiences will get a kick out of it. The Flash will especially come out as a fan favourite.

This film is basically a reboot in terms of tone and feel, bringing much of what made Wonder Woman great to the rest of the DCEU. It's nowhere near as good as Wonder Woman - and if you think the villains in Wonder Woman sucked, wait until you see Steppenwolf - but it's still, by quite some distance, the second best film in the DCEU. Better things are still to come, though, I'm sure.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Worst movie of the year and easily Snyder's worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Vit Skorpion View Post
    Worst movie of the year
    I think it's safe to assume most will disagree with this.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vit Skorpion View Post
    Worst movie of the year and easily Snyder's worst.
    Ignoring the second point, if you think this is the worst movie of the year, you need to see more movies.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Fairly generic with very little creativity. My favorite parts of the story was the Amazons' involvement and the whole war between them and Darkseid's army. But it was only 30 seconds long, should have expanded on that in flashbacks. Cyborg's arc was cut short but was very interesting to me, I really wished they showed more of the character and what he was about. Ideally, they should have made a Teen Titans movie first before Justice League so that people would know who Cyborg was.

It worked well. Darker than Marvel's films, but lighter than BvS, which was absolutely necessary.

Characters were wonderful. I was skeptical of Jason Mamoa as Aquaman but he really is Aquaman. The only character that they could have left out was Batman. Because let's face it, he didn't do much in the movie besides being the strategist and motivational-speaker.

Also the villain. Steppenwolfe was awful. WB needs to get their head out of their asses with these generic villains. This is like the starter kit DC villain guide. Lex, Joker, Darkseid. We don't need to see them anymore, they need to show some real Justice League villains. Starro, Despero, Amazo, Royal Flush Gang, Kanjar-Ro, Dr.Light, Weapons Master, Martians. Come on, show something we haven't seen before.

No complaints, I wish Flash did more than just run fast though. Superman fight alone was worth it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Yeah, this wasn't that good. I respect BvS despite it being a mess because it tried to be something different even if it didn't succeed. This was just generic from start to finish. The cast is fine, but the movie they are in is not doing them any favors.

I loved Gadot as usual and even though he wasn't in it much, Cavill was great and showed he could nail Superman if he was in a better movie*. The worst thing about the film's reception is that he will likely not get that chance. If Wan's Aquaman turns out good and is a moderate hit, they should probably just stick to making good, self contained solo movies. There is no need for a hard reboot, as the X-Men films don't bother with that when they have flops.

*But dear lord, that poor bastard's CGI'd to **** face in the reshoots.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah, this wasn't that good. I respect BvS despite it being a mess because it tried to be something different even if it didn't succeed. This was just generic from start to finish. The cast is fine, but the movie they are in is not doing them any favors.
    For all this movie's flaws I definitely enjoyed it more than BvS. Probably mostly because of the new characters and the fact that it had some pace to it which BvS didn't have. After this movie and BvS I'm pretty sure that I will not be watching another movie written by Terrio in the theaters.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    For all this movie's flaws I definitely enjoyed it more than BvS. Probably mostly because of the new characters and the fact that it had some pace to it which BvS didn't have. After this movie and BvS I'm pretty sure that I will not be watching another movie written by Terrio in the theaters.
    Not even Star Wars Episode IX? :P

It barely had a plot. Maybe it had one before they stupidly cut down the length.

Fine. The lighting was excessively dark, but that doesn't bother me. The addition of humour was nice. I liked Ezra Miller.

Cyborg barely had any characterisation. The others were fine.

They were pretty good. Probably the best thing about the film. That said, there was a bit too much obvious CGI. It's okay when characters like Superman, Wonder Woman and The Flash move in an unnatural way, but it really looks odd on Batman.

Badly. I went to an 11:30am showing (so I don't expect it to be packed) and the cinema was almost deserted.

Distinctly unsteady. Wonder Woman and The Flash are probably their best hopes.

The CGI on Cavill's moustache was really bad. I'd forgotten about it and completely didn't realise that the man in the Superman costume at the beginning was actually him. I thought the scene was of some movie actor playing Superman in some film being made after he died. At various other points he just looked distractingly odd.

The CGI on Steppenwolf was also terrible. I'm not sure why they felt the need to make him CGI, seeing as he looked like a human with make-up on. That really pulled me out of it.

The sound quality a lot of the time made it really hard to make out what people were saying. Particularly Steppenwolf and Batman.

Over all, I'd rate this as their second worst film. The bits of humour and decent action raised it above Man of Steel, but it's behind all of the other DCEU films for me.

Fantastic Member

Default Kevin Tsujihara....... why DoES he still have a job

It seems he is meddling and every DC movie. Justice League is the last straw for me. His demand that the movie be cut to under 2 hours obviously hurt its reception. he is not a director. His job is to hire the person he thinks can make the best movie and let them do their job. who knows what we would have gotten in terms of reception for Batman versus Superman if the original cut was to have played in the theaters. the same for Justice League. DC has got to get rid of them and start allowing directors to have more autonomy in the vision of the movie. If DC doesn't change its approach no director will want to direct a DC property

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Kevin rules over all so they're stuck with him. Nothing DC can do.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.