Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Teen Titans/TTG! Animated Series Appreciation

DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When there's trouble you know who to call...

TEEN TITANS! And Teen Titans Go!

This is the appreciation post for the 2003 Teen Titans animated series and Teen Titans Go! which premiered just last year! Share your favorite episodes, characters, quotes, screenshots, and more!

I didn't see one of these already so I thought I'd make one I've been feeling very nostalgic toward the original Teen Titans cartoon lately so I really wanted to discuss it with other people! And I've been hitting TTG! hard lately on the DVR. I have the complete first season on DVD and I recently rewatched most of it and got my brother into it. It's funny because he grew up with the original series like me and he had absolutely no interest in TTG, then he finally sat down and watched it and he loves it now too.

TTG has been a subject of contention between lots of fans. There's the camp who love both (I'm in this one) and the camp who hate TTG because it's not like the original cartoon. Personally, while I agree they're completely different, I love them both. They both have their own charms, and the fact that the original voice cast is doing TTG is just the bee's knees.

Okay, guys, let's discuss! TITANS GO!
    Last edited by quinnzel; 12-14-2014 at 08:55 PM.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Bumping this thread since I've been watching the new episode of TTG! lately and I just made the Raven appreciation thread, so I've got Teen Titans on the mind
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Loved the original series. Absolutely hate TTGo! And not just because it's so different from the original.

Was really against Teen Titans Go! at first but I have to admit there have been some enjoyable episodes. Recently say the episde with Rose Wilson. Pretty funny.

I love TTG. I don't watch it regularly though.

Anyways, I do hate the messed up messages (some episodes might send the wrong message to kids; and I hate the series for that...but it is funny!).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Waffles waffles waffles waffles waffles waffles waffles waffles waffles waffles waffles waffles, waffles waffles waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockym View Post
    Loved the original series. Absolutely hate TTGo! And not just because it's so different from the original.
    I admit, at first I didn't think I was going to like TTG! at all. When I first saw the character designs and some footage of the first episode, I thought, "Oh no, this is absolutely horrible". But it's really pleasantly surprised me, and I absolutely love it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Was really against Teen Titans Go! at first but I have to admit there have been some enjoyable episodes. Recently say the episde with Rose Wilson. Pretty funny.
    Cool School! One of my favorites of the most recent episodes

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    I love TTG. I don't watch it regularly though.

Anyways, I do hate the messed up messages (some episodes might send the wrong message to kids; and I hate the series for that...but it is funny!).
    Hahaha, I know what you mean. To be fair, I think a lot of newer cartoons do that nowadays. It's sort of become less about the message they send and more about going for the laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Waffles waffles waffles waffles waffles waffles waffles waffles waffles waffles waffles waffles, waffles waffles waffles.
    STOP SAYING WAFFLES!

The 100th episode airs tonight, which I think is pretty amazing. I honestly don't think the show would have survived this long if the original voice cast hadn't come back for it.

Never really gave the original series a chance, but I love TTG!

Also, big fan of Dan Hipp's art, so I love to see his art style used on all the backgrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    I admit, at first I didn't think I was going to like TTG! at all. When I first saw the character designs and some footage of the first episode, I thought, "Oh no, this is absolutely horrible". But it's really pleasantly surprised me, and I absolutely love it now.
    I'm kind of the opposite. I liked it at first and thought it was really funny until some of the more recent episodes came off as a slap in the face and insulting to some fans. Some of those stories really felt like they adapted some bad fanfics from the internet. It's really become a disgrace and its kind of sad. My niece and nephew used to love TTGo too, until I pulled out my complete set of original series DVDs and showed them how the series really was.

Incredible Member

It's dumb fun. The only weakness in this series is that sometimes it goes too weird for its own taste. Robin being an absolute psycho is fun to watch though.

I loved the original but don't like the new one.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I'm the rare fan who digs both of them. I have not watched it in a while but that maybe due tio other reasons like lack of time than lack of interest.

I just worry sometimes that TTG is ruining Robin for the next generation of fans. The original cartoon made him out to be super cool and helped to destroy the rep of being the corny superhero in short-shorts and pixie boots. Now kids will see him as a OCD psycho and a total loser. Most of the episodes I've seen make him the butt of every joke.

To me I like both because I see its alternate universes, one is serious and the other completely comical, like Batman: The Animated Series and Batman: The Brave and the Bold. TTG is just a Saturday Morning cartoon version of Teen Titans they are suppose to be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockym View Post
    This is exactly how I feel about the two cartoons.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."