View Poll Results: What did you think of "Justice League"?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amazing, one of if not the best comic book movie

15 6.49%
  • Very good, enjoyable and engaging, worth seeing again

128 55.41%
  • Alright, watchable, but nothing special; a bit of a disappointment

61 26.41%
  • A bad movie overall, a huge disappointment

21 9.09%
  • A disgrace, a total bomb, an aberration, Worst. Movie.Ever.

6 2.60%
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    The problem is that there's no "why" that explains what happened to change that attitude. This Supes is even less realized, than before he died, but at least before it was part of his character arc (which was cut short). Now it's because the movie needs to be "fun".
    I’m pretty certain we saw the transformation at the end of BvS when he declares, while smiling!, “this is my world. You are my world” and then knowingly sacrificed himself for it. Remember, earlier in that film Lois tells him the symbol “still means something”, and he replies “on my world it did. But my world doesn’t exist anymore.”

By the end of the film, he has decided that he no longer cares if the world is divided about him; this is his world and he will defend it. By the time we catch up to him in JL, he’s an extension of BvS’s ending; this is his world, and now he’s just damn happy to be alive & a part of it.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I’m pretty certain we saw the transformation at the end of BvS when he declares, while smiling!, “this is my world. You are my world” and then knowingly sacrificed himself for it. Remember, earlier in that film Lois tells him the symbol “still means something”, and he replies “on my world it did. But my world doesn’t exist anymore.”

By the end of the film, he has decided that he no longer cares if the world is divided about him; this is his world and he will defend it. By the time we catch up to him in JL, he’s an extension of BvS’s ending; this is his world, and now he’s just damn happy to be alive & a part of it.
    Yeah, that's him saying he's protect the world, because Lois is there. JL even showed that if not for Lois, and Ma Kent, he still wouldn't give a damn about much else.

They've still yet to establish if Superman actually believes in his symbol, and if it's worth it being a hero, and symbol. That way, he could drag himself out of his darkest hours, rather than needed to be pacified by those two important women in his life.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Yeah, that's him saying he's protect the world, because Lois is there. JL even showed that if not for Lois, and Ma Kent, he still wouldn't give a damn about much else.

They've still yet to establish if Superman actually believes in his symbol, and if it's worth it being a hero, and symbol. That way, he could drag himself out of his darkest hours, rather than needed to be pacified by those two important women in his life.
    spoilers:
    I think the way he set aside everything, even taking down Steppenwolf (which he entrusted to his fellow Justice Leaguers), to help the Flash rescue those civilians, answers that question.
    end of spoilers

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Last edited by Buried Alien; 11-22-2017 at 11:54 AM.
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    spoilers:
    I think the way he set aside everything, even taking down Steppenwolf (which he entrusted to his fellow Justice Leaguers) to help the Flash rescue those civilians, answers that question.
    end of spoilers

This right here.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    This right here.
    spoilers:
    Interesting too is how last week's episode of THE FLASH TV series played with the same theme; Elongated Man had to learn that in being a superhero, taking down the bad guy comes second to protecting the innocent.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    spoilers:
    I think the way he set aside everything, even taking down Steppenwolf (which he entrusted to his fellow Justice Leaguers), to help the Flash rescue those civilians, answers that question.
    end of spoilers

No it doesn't. Again that's after the change. The actual change itself is never seen. We never saw him, and Bruce, reconcile, nor did we see Superman ever truly admire Earth for anything, but his loved ones. He just suddenly did, becuz plot.

Superman in this world has already shown that he understands that saving the people matter more than betting the bad guy. Multiple times in MoS, or have you forgotten the Smallville fight, or him entrusting Zod to the military while he destroyed the world engine?

I think they should've recreated the scene in All-star, when he talked that girl off the ledge. That scene would've perfectly mirrored the type of feeling Superman felt about being a hero, but not giving up because that's what makes what you do worthwhile; the struggle, then triumph, and realization, and that would've been his moment of realization.
    Last edited by TooFlyToFail; 11-22-2017 at 12:35 PM.

No it doesn't. Again that's after the change. The actual change itself is never seen. We never saw him, and Bruce, reconcile, nor did we see Superman ever truly admire Earth for anything, but his loved ones. He just suddenly did, becuz plot.

Superman in this world has already shown that he understands that saving the people matter more than betting the bad guy. Multiple times in MoS, or have you forgotten the Smallville fight, or him entrusting Zod to the military while he destroyed the world engine?

I think they should've recreated the scene in All-star, when he talked that girl off the ledge. That scene would've perfectly mirrored the type of feeling Superman felt about being a hero, but not giving up because that's what makes what you do worthwhile; the struggle, then triumph, and realization, and that would've been his moment of realization.
    They can build that scene into MoS 2, if they make it (and I hope they do).

I think his "resurrection" from death is a suitable enough explanation for his deepening love of life and humanity. It's why his return home with Lois is symbolically so significant, and so poignant when his mom shows up. People may not like it -- and god it seems that a vocal group are hell-bent on finding a way not to -- but it worked for me.

I want more of these characters -- with these actors -- and I definitely want a proper Superman stand-alone sequel to MoS now.

And I'll go on record saying I want Patty Jenkins to direct Justice League 2.

Astonishing Member

just saw it. we enjoyed the whole movie. i can think of other better dc films, but certainly not worth the bashing i'm seeing online.

People know that bashing a DC movie online is going to get clicks. I mean honestly! There is this site where i read so many articles bashing Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. Now after Justice League came out now there's an article bashing it because it is not like Snyder's more interesting Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. Please take a break! There are dozens of articles on that site which bashed the previous films. Not a single article to praise Man of Steel. BvS is a foregone conclusion. And now you put an article that those films were good. I stopped visiting these websites so shall all DC fans.

Bashing DC gets clicks. Plain and simple. If we stop reading such articles they may shut up. Seriously, instead of looking at such articles fans shall go and watch the movie. Its enjoyable.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 11-22-2017 at 11:00 PM.

8.5/10

Quite enjoyable despite some flaws, I mostly blame the previous setup. I love how they have handled Superman.

The villain pick sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    People know that bashing a DC movie online is going to get clicks. I mean honestly! There is this site where i read so many articles bashing Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. Now after Justice League came out now there's an article bashing it because it is not like Snyder's more interesting Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. Please take a break! There are dozens of articles on that site which bashed the previous films. Not a single article to praise Man of Steel. BvS is a foregone conclusion. And now you put an article that those films were good. I stopped visiting these websites so shall all DC fans.

Bashing DC gets clicks. Plain and simple. If we stop reading such articles they may shut up. Seriously, instead of looking at such articles fans shall go and watch the movie. Its enjoyable.
    I'd laugh it all off as nonsense if it didn't have real world consequences for the possibility of future DC films.

Just watched it tonight in IMAX 3D and Cavill’s creepy upper lips looks even worse on the massive screen. Seriously I didn’t think they still did CGI that bad in this day and age. It’s like Sci Fi Chanel movie of the week bad.

The plot is paper thin, Whedon’s additional dialogue is cringe worthy, and it’s very clear that WB took a hatchet to this thing but it’s still a lot of fun. I’ve been recommending it to people and saying that no one should go in expecting high art or something that will redefine the genre. But I nerded out and left satisfied.
    Last edited by Robotman; 11-23-2017 at 03:21 AM.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I was hoping to get this review done a while back but paid work and the fact that it turned out way longer than I expected delayed it considerably. Anyway, here's my quite lengthy but largely spoiler-free (I reveal Superman's fate and that's about it) take on the film.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Retired

I saw it again today (my third time) and it seems like I just love this movie more and more each time I see it. It holds up. I really want to see all these guys get back for another movie. Maybe denial works--it works in American politics--why shouldn't it work for DC movies? So I'm just going to be like Wonder Woman and Micky Dolenz, a believer. If enough people come together, with a little luck, we can make this whole damned thing work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I saw it again today (my third time) and it seems like I just love this movie more and more each time I see it. It holds up. I really want to see all these guys get back for another movie. Maybe denial works--it works in American politics--why shouldn't it work for DC movies? So I'm just going to be like Wonder Woman and Micky Dolenz, a believer. If enough people come together, with a little luck, we can make this whole damned thing work out.
    Neil Diamond, John Lennon, and Paul McCartney?