View Poll Results: What did you think of "Justice League"?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amazing, one of if not the best comic book movie

15 6.49%
  • Very good, enjoyable and engaging, worth seeing again

128 55.41%
  • Alright, watchable, but nothing special; a bit of a disappointment

61 26.41%
  • A bad movie overall, a huge disappointment

21 9.09%
  • A disgrace, a total bomb, an aberration, Worst. Movie.Ever.

6 2.60%
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Fantastic Member

Default Kevin Tsujihara....... why DoES he still have a job

It seems he is meddling and every DC movie. Justice League is the last straw for me. His demand that the movie be cut to under 2 hours obviously hurt its reception. he is not a director. His job is to hire the person he thinks can make the best movie and let them do their job. who knows what we would have gotten in terms of reception for Batman versus Superman if the original cut was to have played in the theaters. the same for Justice League. DC has got to get rid of them and start allowing directors to have more autonomy in the vision of the movie. If DC doesn't change its approach no director will want to direct a DC property

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Kevin rules over all so they're stuck with him. Nothing DC can do.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Went to see it tonight, and really enjoyed it... Though it clearly needs a directors cut to be released.
    Would be a massive shame if there isn’t a sequel, there’s great potential if they can keep this group together... and add a Green Lantern

Astonishing Member

While I overall enjoyed the film, it wasn't anywhere near perfect. It pretty much couldn't disappoint me since after Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman I went in with low expectations. It probably was on par with current Thior bit, except there I was more disappointed with the tone (too comedic) where as here the tone came off as an improvement.

The movie was all over the map. I liked much of what we were shown, but there were some jarring scenes in tone and a lot of the underlying plot seemed pushed out of the way for time constraints. It had a lot of pieces of what could have been a A level movie stitched in a way that left me happy with the result but also knowing that it could have been so much better if they had built more on the strengths and eliminated more of the weaknesses.

For example while some of the humor developed in a way that flowed from the movie (Aquaman's encounter with Wonder Woman's lasso), other bits seemed forced (Batman's "super power" line was as cringe worthy as "Chicks dig the car" in Batman Forever). The destruction in one scene from the heroes alone seemed worse than anything the villain did, but somehow it was overlooked. I was glad to get away from the downbeat approach of the last two Superman centric films, but not by keeping the property damage on the same level but just glossing over it to make it less depressing.

The characters were a mixed bag. Affleck's Batman went from homicidal psycho in BvS to a bad Tony Stark clone in this film. His scenes with the Flash could easily have been inserted in Spider-Man: Homecoming with only the proper names changed. Flash, himself was the last guy I'd want at my back on a team. When the TV version who relies on a whole support tram comes off as a genius in comparison- you are in trouble. Aquaman was a great character- bore no resemblance to any Aquaman we've ever seen- but if he'd been playing a new character he'd have been one of the best parts of the film. Diana was also decent- not sure what she's learned since the last movie set almost a century ago and largely impressive because she wasn't anyone else but a genetic Wonder Woman. And Cyborg was a plot device with a few lines that really didn't have much to do that could be screwed up. And to be clear I'm critical of the characters here, not the actors, and the criticism is that while they were watchable they could have been a lot better.

AS a DC flick this might be the film that marks the turning point. To me Marvel's flicks have been on a downward arc. They hit a point where they did a great film(s) but now are flanderizing the universe they have built. DC on the other hand started off badly and Justice League is the film where they begin putting out a more appealing version of what came before. They seem to still be missing more than they hit, but they still have a chance to improve by refocusing that I doubt Marvel has.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    While I overall enjoyed the film, it wasn't anywhere near perfect. It pretty much couldn't disappoint me since after Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman I went in with low expectations. It probably was on par with current Thior bit, except there I was more disappointed with the tone (too comedic) where as here the tone came off as an improvement.

The movie was all over the map. I liked much of what we were shown, but there were some jarring scenes in tone and a lot of the underlying plot seemed pushed out of the way for time constraints. It had a lot of pieces of what could have been a A level movie stitched in a way that left me happy with the result but also knowing that it could have been so much better if they had built more on the strengths and eliminated more of the weaknesses.

For example while some of the humor developed in a way that flowed from the movie (Aquaman's encounter with Wonder Woman's lasso), other bits seemed forced (Batman's "super power" line was as cringe worthy as "Chicks dig the car" in Batman Forever). The destruction in one scene from the heroes alone seemed worse than anything the villain did, but somehow it was overlooked. I was glad to get away from the downbeat approach of the last two Superman centric films, but not by keeping the property damage on the same level but just glossing over it to make it less depressing.

The characters were a mixed bag. Affleck's Batman went from homicidal psycho in BvS to a bad Tony Stark clone in this film. His scenes with the Flash could easily have been inserted in Spider-Man: Homecoming with only the proper names changed. Flash, himself was the last guy I'd want at my back on a team. When the TV version who relies on a whole support tram comes off as a genius in comparison- you are in trouble. Aquaman was a great character- bore no resemblance to any Aquaman we've ever seen- but if he'd been playing a new character he'd have been one of the best parts of the film. Diana was also decent- not sure what she's learned since the last movie set almost a century ago and largely impressive because she wasn't anyone else but a genetic Wonder Woman. And Cyborg was a plot device with a few lines that really didn't have much to do that could be screwed up. And to be clear I'm critical of the characters here, not the actors, and the criticism is that while they were watchable they could have been a lot better.

AS a DC flick this might be the film that marks the turning point. To me Marvel's flicks have been on a downward arc. They hit a point where they did a great film(s) but now are flanderizing the universe they have built. DC on the other hand started off badly and Justice League is the film where they begin putting out a more appealing version of what came before. They seem to still be missing more than they hit, but they still have a chance to improve by refocusing that I doubt Marvel has.
    I'd say Mamoa's Aquaman resembles the Brave and the Bold version mixed with the barbarian version

BANNED

It's kinda annoying to always hear them say "Superman"

The best part for me was when Superman was fighting against the Justice League

Also the part when Flash was surprised Superman can see him.

Parademons are strong but Batman can beat them, what a joke!

All-New Member

Movie has lots of errors. First of all superman's face looked animated, after he was resurrected the fight became one sided with steppenwolf.
    It was kind of a mess. Personally i didn't feel any connection to the characters especially cyborg.
    http://www.crazzycomics.com/rotten-t...eague-members/
    and there were times when it felt kinda boring
    http://www.crazzycomics.com/justice-league-is-a-mess/

Retired

It says "NO SPOILERS" right in the topic title. I don't know how anyone can miss that. And it's not like there aren't plenty of other threads for posting spoilers.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    It seems he is meddling and every DC movie. Justice League is the last straw for me. His demand that the movie be cut to under 2 hours obviously hurt its reception. he is not a director. His job is to hire the person he thinks can make the best movie and let them do their job. who knows what we would have gotten in terms of reception for Batman versus Superman if the original cut was to have played in the theaters. the same for Justice League. DC has got to get rid of them and start allowing directors to have more autonomy in the vision of the movie. If DC doesn't change its approach no director will want to direct a DC property
    Kevin has a job because of things outside the DCEU. He's the only big executive that would allow big budget films like Fury Road, and Blade Runner 2049, to exist.

I do think he needs to give the DC films their own studio, tho.

Although I would say it's a solid, enjoyable film on its own, I voted disappointment. The best parts, in terms of world building, were the flashbacks with Steppenwolf. Everything else felt like it wasn't earned. This is the fifth DCEU movie, and it's better to have NOT watched most of the other installments. I felt like this Wonder Woman was the same from BvS, but the ending to her own movie made it seem like that character was going down a different path than she ended up here. Barry has no combat experience yet he confronted and managed to nab Captain Boomerang in Suicide Squad. Even Superman didn't feel like a symbol of hope for enough people in BvS that it didn't feel like him being dead would cause such a rise in crime and despair.

Batman was, again, not the intelligent hero I've always seen him as. He relied way too much on Luthor's notes in this movie rather than his own research. We know he's met with Amanda Waller, has been an active crime fighter for two decades, and yet he can only find three metas to help him and those are the ones Luthor already found? Plus he did almost exactly what Luthor did with Zod and he thought he'd get a different result just because he had a backup plan?

spoilers:
    And for the record, I wasn't sold on Lois and Superman's love for each other, Man of Steel botched their relationship for me.
    end of spoilers

WB/DC still seems embarrassed by their brand. We get the Aquaman name drop, but it's been three movies for each (counting cameos) and we still don't get the names "Wonder Woman" or "Flash"? Superman has a line about "Justice" and spoilers:
    Lex
    end of spoilers says the word "League", but they don't even bother to justify the title of the movie in this one.

I still think this universe has potential, but for me, they just need to try harder to make these characters the icons you look up to that I'm used to them being. Dug the music, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I wish someone would advise people to stay to the very end of the credits. You'd think with the Marvel movies everyone would. And at the preview showing no one I saw was leaving, yet at today's screening, about half the audience left. Sucks for them.
    Most of the people in my theatre stayed until the end of Dawn of Justice and when there was nothing, you could hear some frustrated sighs. Wonder Woman had nothing either. I think the lesson they learned was to ONLY stay for a Marvel movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Barry.....Ezra Miller did a great job with the role he was given, but I still maintain that the movie didn't use Barry Allen the character, but rather took all the general assumptions about who the Flash is, regardless of who is under the mask, and tossed them all into this movie's character who just happened to be named Barry. There are aspects in Miller's Flash that I do recognize as Barry, and he's absolutely a highlight of the film with some of the best lines (most of them actually) but that guy wasnt the Barry Allen I recognize.
    Right, the "general assumptions" thing is a bit of a problem. He was part Barry, part Wally, and even a bit of Bart at times. They needed someone to fit the "young, optimist" role and comedy relief, and that was all at the expense of who the Flash is and what makes Barry Allen great. Some characters do get diminished when they are part of a team, and it's certainly true in the Flash's case.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    I've seen positive reactions posted by the following writers on Twitter:

-Gail Simone
    -Steve Orlando
    -Tim Seeley
    -Kurt Busiek
    -Mark Waid
    -Dan Jurgens
    -Paul Dini
    Interesting that Mark Waid liked it. He very vocally criticized the ending to Man of Steel. Has he mentioned the treatment of Barry specifically?

Astonishing Member

Loved this

Second time I watched it at the point Aquaman first hits the water I had a real fanboy moment where I just thought how cool it was I was watching justice league

It's not perfect at all but it's great fun imo and a good move in the right direction

I agree marvel films are a lot more flimsy recently, Dr strange, Thor 3 and gotg 2 were all good but not great imo

This is at least better than them I feel

A longer cut was needed is my only real criticism

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    I found another complaint. I love the lighter tone so much, but I wish Batman had a stick up his butt like the JLI comics. Some of the humorous moments with him didn't work. I thought the Flash humor really worked but most of the good stuff was already in the trailer.
    It would be interesting to see what Flash comedy scenes were directed which director. They aren't as obvious as the Superman scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Flash, himself was the last guy I'd want at my back on a team. When the TV version who relies on a whole support tram comes off as a genius in comparison- you are in trouble. Aquaman was a great character- bore no resemblance to any Aquaman we've ever seen- but if he'd been playing a new character he'd have been one of the best parts of the film. Diana was also decent- not sure what she's learned since the last movie set almost a century ago and largely impressive because she wasn't anyone else but a genetic Wonder Woman. And Cyborg was a plot device with a few lines that really didn't have much to do that could be screwed up. And to be clear I'm critical of the characters here, not the actors, and the criticism is that while they were watchable they could have been a lot better.
    I enjoyed this incarnation of the Flash but you are right. I absolutely would not trust him to screw up. Gustin's Barry Allen seems cold and calculating in comparison. I'm curious as to how much of that was in the script, how how much was Miller, and how much was either director encouraging him to be funny and at sometimes annoying. If you've ever seen him in an interview Miller is kind of annoying so I don't think encouraging him to act annoying will be a good thing, The director for a Flash movie would need to be a strong director who reigns him in.