View Poll Results: What did you think of "Justice League"?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amazing, one of if not the best comic book movie

15 6.49%
  • Very good, enjoyable and engaging, worth seeing again

128 55.41%
  • Alright, watchable, but nothing special; a bit of a disappointment

61 26.41%
  • A bad movie overall, a huge disappointment

21 9.09%
  • A disgrace, a total bomb, an aberration, Worst. Movie.Ever.

6 2.60%
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

It was the very definition of passable.
    - The action sequences were fun if not especially clever or innovative
    - The scenes of the characters meeting for the first time and debating their course of action had the same level of gravitas as the team-ups in the Arrowverse TV shows
    - What dramatic character arcs there were are superficial
    - There is ONE interesting Easter egg and ONE unexpected new character, neither of which are very intriguing
    - The jokes had a hit-to-miss ration of about 50%. And there were a LOT of jokes
    - The visuals, especially for the final battle, had a 'straight-out-of-the-box pre-assembled' feel
    - The villain was sub-Ronan levels of anti-charisma, and his backstory is dull dull dull
    - The chemistry between the cast is what made it fun
    - Most of the non-action, non-introduction scenes felt like they were apologising for BvS (as well they should).

But in the end, it did leave me hopeful for a sequel in which these characters can just BE these characters, without having to resurrect or redeem any of them.
    Last edited by Cowtools; 11-16-2017 at 04:01 AM.

Saw the film last night. It was a national holiday here in Brazil and hopeing to cash in on it, they advanced the realease date (new films usually get released on thursdays around here), and it sure worked, for, as far as I could see, most sessions were packed.
    Loved the movie. Not the best comic movie I've seen, but it sure exceeded a lot my expectations. Mostly, because they finally got right so much that they had been doing wrong on the first movies of the DCEU. Comparissions are inevitable, but the film plot basically follows the beats of the Avengers first film. Heroes introductions, heroes meet, heroes don't get along, heroes meet the enemy, heroes vs heroes, heroes make up and share their feelings, heroes face big bad in a winner takes all battle. But I really did feel like the scale and the stakes went a few notches up on this film. The amazons are a show by themselves, and the flashback scene is awsome.
    As for the characters, I don't want to spoil anything, by the finally get pitch perfectly right a character that they've been getting wrong for a long time. Batman manages to be the right mix of dickish and foccused. Gal Godat's Wonder Woman continues to be a treat to watch, and she is the bear mother and the mother hen of the group. Aquaman has his moments, and is intresting enough, still more Conan then Hook Aquaman, and a bit of a surfer dude (I kept waiting for him to yell Kawabunga!) but on the right track to get there. But, basically, he is still Jason Mamoa playing Aquaman. Cyborg is fine, and actually came to grow on me during the film. My biggest problem is with Erza Miller's Flash. Sure, as the comic relief of the film, he gets a lot of screen time, and he sure doesn't disappoint, but that's no Flash I've ever seen, much less Barry Allen, a normally so serious and competent Flash. He doesn't even strike me as Wally West, snice, though a lot more carefree than Barry, Wally was always a very competent Flash. That was Homecomming Spider-Man dressed in red and with superspeed. It was a bit too much for my tastes. Though, on top of the best jokes, Flash also got some of the best special effects scenes. Still prefer Grant Gustin's Flash, though, even if I still don't find him perfect. As for the villain, Steppenwolf was not that impressing, and I felt the lack of tieing in with the dark future scene of BvsS. They avoided that future and that was it?
    All in all, a very enjoyable film, and I look foward to seeing it again many more times. To my surprise, it got a standing ovation at the end of the screening, to which I happily joined.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 11-17-2017 at 08:10 AM.

them ost voted option is its an OK moie, but yeah, the narrative that is a failure and everyone hated it will begin soon.

F........ rotten tomatoes

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    them ost voted option is its an OK moie, but yeah, the narrative that is a failure and everyone hated it will begin soon.

F........ rotten tomatoes
    I still don't understand why people look at Rotten Tomatoes when Metacritic is a much better representation of a critical consensus.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I still don't understand why people look at Rotten Tomatoes when Metacritic is a much better representation of a critical consensus.
    Who's to say many or most don't look at both?
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

To be honest, I think it's in the same bottom drawer as Suicide Squad. But for 1 reason more than any:

It really felt like a huge chunk of the movie was missing, and that really crippled the team-building, characterizations and the story.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm sure some do but Rotten Tomatoes seems to be seen as the final word on overall critical response.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Time to liver forever! Energist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    I've been among the "I love what the DCEU has given to us" crowd since Zack made MOS. Even though I recognize SS is not a good movie, I still have fun watching it. And I love BvS. It's one of my favourite CBM. While I really loved WW, BvS is more to my liking.

Not that the introduction is done: Justice League? I dig it!
    Glad to hear it, because your tastes sound right in line with my own. Hope to see the film later tonight, so I don't want to read beyond this point of your post, but I expect I'll walk out of the theatre very pleased now.
    "Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water." - Japanese Proverb

Just to be sure; Superman in this is no longer Batman-lite of MOS and BvS, right?

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Metacritic is far less popular nowadays than Rotten Tomatoes, partially because of word of mouth partially because of marketing and presentation
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Just to be sure; Superman in this is no longer Batman-lite of MOS and BvS, right?
    Not at all. This Superman is like Rebirth Superman. Cavill finally has the chance to play the character we've all known and loved and it is glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Not at all. This Superman is like Rebirth Superman. Cavill finally has the chance to play the character we've all known and loved and it is glorious.
    Yes! That was my biggest gripe with MOS and BvS. Good to hear that!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Um... he's much improved but I'm still not thrilled with him. I still think Cavill looks the part but doesn't have the charm, humour or warmth of Superman. And the bit at the beginning with him is just super weird. That's not really a spoiler, by the way, because it's so disconnected from the rest, I still have no idea why it was there.

Okay, these are my (non-spoilery thoughts):

I am a huge fan of the DCEU, I liked Snyder's vision with MoS and BvS, and I liked Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman was my favorite out of the bunch. But back to JL, I really loved it.

Steppenwolf was a bunch of CGI and honestly a villian out of a Marvel movie, but it's okay because the heroes shone more

The characters were incredible, Gadot's acting was solid, Batfleck was incredible, Ezra's Barry became easily a fan-favorite, Cyborg and Aquaman were great. Yet the most moving scenes belonged to Superman, period. When he returned...incredible, I found myself gasping on the film, I was so excited. There is something glorious about seeing this team on the big screen. An incredibly feeling, I found myself smiling when I found the Trinity standing together victorious.

And the second post credit scene...they are coming.

7.5/8.0

My biggest beef is that sometimes the humor felt so Whedon XD as well as the Superwonder scenes. It wasn't as bad as BruceNat in Age of Ultron though.

Also, loved that one of my favorite kpop bands, Blackpink, appeared in the movie, Barry rocks.

I gave it a four just because the phrases 'enjoyable and engaging, worth seeing again' describe how I feel about the film,even though I think it is a 3/5 film.

Beyond repeating my initial bulletin points I spouted in the DCEU Thread I'll add this; The film accomplishes everything it set out to do. The only question is if you think they should have done more.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut