View Poll Results: What did you think of "Justice League"?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amazing, one of if not the best comic book movie

15 6.49%
  • Very good, enjoyable and engaging, worth seeing again

128 55.41%
  • Alright, watchable, but nothing special; a bit of a disappointment

61 26.41%
  • A bad movie overall, a huge disappointment

21 9.09%
  • A disgrace, a total bomb, an aberration, Worst. Movie.Ever.

6 2.60%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Just got back from seeing it. Ima be honest it was super boring, way too boring.

Other people in the theatre laughed at Flash but i thought he was annoying, i think they are going for some kind of autistic version of flash (definitely on the "spectrum") but i dont think that works.

Aquaman a walking caricature but i guess they didn't have time for anythung else, movie felt short.

Steppengeneric was meh and i think once Superman showed up he was defeated a little too easily.... I wish I was making this up, but i took my 2 younger brothers to see the movie, the 15 year old said he liked it, in the car in the theatre parking lot i asked him what he thought about Steppenwolf, do you know what his response was? He said "whose that?". Like really, he says he liked the movie but he can't even remember the name of the villain minutes after seeing it, lol.

Alleged WonderBat shipping, Alfred making a lame joke about Bruce Wayne supposedly liking Dianna is all it is, if you cut that scene out the alleged "chemistry" would be unnoticeable...

That entire "The world being super sad and miserable and crime and terrorism being up just cause Superman 'hope of the universe' died" is dumb as hell. Exactly how long was Superman active between Man of Steel and BvS for him to have such an impact on people taht him being dead is making the world lose hope over his death? Nowhere near long enough.... makes the people in the DCEU seem like a bunch of weak babies....
    Last edited by RudHao; 11-16-2017 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RudHao View Post
    Just got back from seeing it. Ima be honest it was super boring, way too boring.

Other people in the theatre laughed at Flash but i thought he was annoying, i think they are going for some kind of autistic version of flash (definitely on the "spectrum") but i dont think that works.

Aquaman a walking caricature but i guess they didn't have time for anythung else, movie felt short.

Steppengeneric was meh and i think once Superman showed up he was defeated a little too easily.... I wish I was making this up, but i took my 2 younger brothers to see the movie, the 15 year old said he liked it, in the car in the theatre parking lot i asked him what he thought about Steppenwolf, do you know what his response was? He said "whose that?". Like really, he says he liked the movie but he can't even remember the name of the villain minutes after seeing it, lol.

Alleged WonderBat shipping, Alfred making a lame joke about Bruce Wayne supposedly liking Dianna is all it is, if you cut that scene out the alleged "chemistry" would be unnoticeable...

That entire "The world being super sad and miserable and crime and terrorism being up just cause Superman 'hope of the universe' died" is dumb as hell. Exactly how long was Superman active between Man of Steel and BvS for him to have such an impact on people taht him being dead is making the world lose hope over his death? Nowhere near long enough.... makes the people in the DCEU seem like a bunch of weak babies....
    Somewhere around 2 years, if I remember right. And throughout BvS, there's all these clips of Superman going around the world and helping tons of people.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

As a frequent film viewer, the movie hangs around the passable range due to how much of a "race to the finish line" feel it has as well as the "half-Pepperoni and half-Sausage" pizza union of Snyder and Whedon's styles. Still, to its credit, the film does not come across as the schizophrenic music video that was Suicide Squad. I really feel that Tsujihara's insistence that the movie be two hours at max kind of hurt it, the film really would've benefited from more world-building and character development scenes because as it is the film pretty much goes from build the team and introducing the badguy to fight scenes to boom suddenly final battle!

TL; DR version - I felt that Justice League doesn't hold up too well on its own as a film, it has more of a feeling of a two-hour extended epilogue to BvS.

However, as a fan of DC, the movie definitely was a big ****ing blast! I had a smile on my face throughout. It very much was like a DC cartoon brought to life seeing the team come together and beat up the Parademons. Great performances by the League, and I admit it did hit me in the feels when spoilers:
    Batfleck admits to Alfred why he needs Superman.
    end of spoilers

Steppenwolf was on the grade of Apocalypse/Ronan/Bootleg Lex Luthor from Ant-Man/Kevin Bacon/Insert Other Disposable Comic Movie Villain Here but he served his purpose as the evil guy who gets punched. Don't see where the backlash in particular against him comes from, other than perhaps Internet cynicism at work once more.

Though Zimmer/Junkie's presence was sorely missed. Elfman's score simply is not up to snuff - for me it pretty much fell into the "disposable and forget it as you as you hear it" side of things. Though I didn't mind the reuse of his Batman theme and Williams' Superman theme that much, man oh man was it kinda cringeworthy when the Avengers-esque sounds popped up near the end.

Moments that got the biggest reactions from the audience:
    spoilers:

-Green Lantern in the History Lesson
    -Superman tracking Flash during the Superman vs. League fight.
    -Do You Bleed? Redux
    -Aquaman meets Lasso of Truth
    -The Superman and Flash Races. Come to think of it, forget Flashpoint! Greenlight the Flash-Superman buddy movie now! It can be like Lethal Weapon... but with less lethality and more binge eating!
    -DEATHSTROKE
    end of spoilers

I really hope we get an extended cut for the Blu-ray that irons out some of my structural issues with the film. I hope that WB will let Snyder oversee the extended cut if it happens so we can have a look at something closer to his original vision, but even if that doesn't happen, it's all good and well enough that I did get an entertaining Justice League movie despite the rocky road it took to get there.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 11-16-2017 at 11:20 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Somewhere around 2 years, if I remember right. And throughout BvS, there's all these clips of Superman going around the world and helping tons of people.
    I think that montage, as beautifully shot as it is, was better at showing how divided the world was on Superman, despite how much good he was doing around the world. It’s why Whedon needed the new opening scene in JL with Superman & his CGI de-moustaching to show audiences how beloved Superman was prior to his death.

I swear, the visuals of Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman and Justice League are so great, it’s a shame the storytelling is not as elegant as it could have been.

Movie made my stomach hurt. I wanted it to be good, i really did, but it, well, just wasn't

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    I really hope we get an extended cut for the Blu-ray that irons out some of my structural issues with the film. I hope that WB will let Snyder oversee the extended cut if it happens so we can have a look at something closer to his original vision, but even if that doesn't happen, it's all good and well enough that I did get an entertaining Justice League movie despite the rocky road it took to get there.
    I hope so too, since I really want to see the full version of this movie.

And right now I also really want the moron accountant at WB who decided JL needed to be 2 hours long to be sacked, because it feels like it was the same dipstick that decided BvS needed 30 minutes or so shaved from it's runtime and giving everyone the ruin that was the theatrical cut.

Its one of the best comic book films of all time. Its much more then what i wanted or expected.

Plot:
    The overall plot is simplistic. Its just to bring on the heroes together and defeat the villain. Not too different from Avengers. One benefit is that its easy to follow. I don't expect anything more.

Tone:
    The tone is quite serious with lighter moments thrown in.

Character/Character interactions:
    The character interactions was one of the best parts of the film. The chemistry of cast is superb. They have definitely pumped me for the next JL. I can't say each character was spot on. But they definitely feel like characters we have known and loved. Except for one who felt a bit off.

spoilers:
    Lois Lane
    end of spoilers

But its not noticeable enough. The film is rushed and the role small.

Action Sequences:

That's another strong point of the film. Action pieces are solid and entertaining. I loved them a lot!

General audience reaction:

I think they will enjoy it. Its not too serious like BvS. Its fun and entertaining. It takes some time but once it hits the groove i found people cheering a lot. The actors chemistry and action sequences made the movie imo. And that's what the general audience want from a film like this. Its short and works well as a crowd pleaser. In fact, people were complaining when there was the interval. (I don't know if there are intervals everywhere. They give a break in the middle of the film for 5-10 minutes or so).

Future:

This is something difficult for me to say. The film had a budget of about 300 million dollars without other costs. Its a lot. The critics have not been kind. That can hit the film. It was a good time at the theater. But will the audience come back to it again and again? I don't know. It won't sink like BvS. 400 Million plus in 1st weekend and it earned just about twice of that. It had a big drop due to poor word of mouth. We can defend it much as we can but its not an entertaining film, which whole families or groups of friends will desire to revisit again and again unless they happen to be die-hard DC fans. This film is not like that. But will it earn enough in the eyes of WB? I don't know. The critical reception worries me. It is a step in the right direction. If they change course due to the poor critics reception i would be angry. Its not a poor film. It might have problems but that definitely does not sink the film.

There are teases for the future. If they follow it up i would be happiest. I think that they would focus on individual films. But if the film does not do satisfactorily for WB they may forget an interconnected universe. That would be their loss as well as ours.

Edit: I gave some thought. And i think the character i mentioned has to feel off. Considering the situation. Thus, i guess all characters are well done.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 11-17-2017 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Energist View Post
    Glad to hear it, because your tastes sound right in line with my own. Hope to see the film later tonight, so I don't want to read beyond this point of your post, but I expect I'll walk out of the theatre very pleased now.
    I hope you have a good time!

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Just to be sure; Superman in this is no longer Batman-lite of MOS and BvS, right?
    He never was...

He's more New52 Greg Pak, and Geoff Johns Superman.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I gave it a four just because the phrases 'enjoyable and engaging, worth seeing again' describe how I feel about the film,even though I think it is a 3/5 film.

Beyond repeating my initial bulletin points I spouted in the DCEU Thread I'll add this; The film accomplishes everything it set out to do. The only question is if you think they should have done more.
    It should've done more.

Voted for the second to highest. As a fanboy I LOVED this movie. I thought the characters were all pretty spot on. I see critics tearing apart things like "They even have a character say "Boo-Yah" a phrase no one's used since.." Oh, and Mother Boxes are just an infinity stone rip off. Why not complain that there are people with impossible powers who fly? They don't get it.

Steppenwolf didn't need to be CGI, that was my biggest gripe. Sometimes Vic's CGI looked a little too unfinished also. Favorite moment was Barry realizing, "Oh crap, he can see me!" That was pretty awesome.

Second viewing tonight, so more looking at smaller details and less grinning ear to ear thinking, "This is just too fun!"
    Last edited by CyberCoyote; 11-17-2017 at 05:28 AM. Reason: spelink errirs

As much as what was left on the editing room floor didn't bother me, it's painful to see things from the PREVIEWS not even in the movie. So yeah, I'm looking forward to the full version. This is what happens when you listen to the critics, you try to do what they want and just get the next complaint. I thought the story made sense well enough as it is, but it's probably missing a lot of quieter character building moments that would have fleshed out the players better for the non comic fans in the audience. Plus more Mira couldn't be a bad thing.

Retired

The movie felt long enough to me. I was surprised that it was only two hours and change, because so much happened in those two hours. The only reason it felt short, is that it left me wanting more. They just got the team together. And I felt sad about that for exterior reasons--because I know this is the only movie with these actors we're ever going to get. So I'm never going to see them in their HQ going up against the next menace to the Earth. And I really love their team.

But I had a lot of goose bumps, because this is the Justice League and I've waited my whole life to see them in a big movie. And I finally got that. I've won. Whatever happens after this doesn't matter, because I'm miles ahead of where I was before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    --because I know this is the only movie with these actors we're ever going to get. So I'm never going to see them in their HQ going up against the next menace to the Earth. And I really love their team.
    I don't follow everything outside of watching the flicks. Who isn't returning? Ben? I assume his 'getting old for this been at it 20 years" talk might lend itself to a new bat (Grayson?) but wasn't sure. I think he did a really good job in both films as Bruce. Can't imagine any of the others not continuing their roles. Gadot's got another WW, there's the Flash movie, Aquaman.. Unfortunately most anyone can play Vic at this point, his character was the least (forgive me) fleshed out.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Not at all. This Superman is like Rebirth Superman. Cavill finally has the chance to play the character we've all known and loved and it is glorious.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The movie felt long enough to me. I was surprised that it was only two hours and change, because so much happened in those two hours. The only reason it felt short, is that it left me wanting more. They just got the team together. And I felt sad about that for exterior reasons--because I know this is the only movie with these actors we're ever going to get. So I'm never going to see them in their HQ going up against the next menace to the Earth. And I really love their team.

But I had a lot of goose bumps, because this is the Justice League and I've waited my whole life to see them in a big movie. And I finally got that. I've won. Whatever happens after this doesn't matter, because I'm miles ahead of where I was before.
    I had no problem with the duration of the movie. But my wife did say that she felt it was kind of rushed in the beggining, that they should have taken more time introducing the characters and their relationships. And, having seen all the trailers, I know A LOT was left at the editing room floor. So, all I cansay is that I can't wait to see the director's cut extended version of the Blue-ray Disc.

Peace