View Poll Results: What did you think of "Justice League"?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amazing, one of if not the best comic book movie

15 6.49%
  • Very good, enjoyable and engaging, worth seeing again

128 55.41%
  • Alright, watchable, but nothing special; a bit of a disappointment

61 26.41%
  • A bad movie overall, a huge disappointment

21 9.09%
  • A disgrace, a total bomb, an aberration, Worst. Movie.Ever.

6 2.60%
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Okay, finally saw it....And Really liked it. As others have said, the first 45 minutes are chopped up and rushed, but it wasn't so bad you were left wondering what was going on. Once it got to the part of a certain character's return through the end , the pacing was right and worked.The two post credit scenes are great.

Where the movie is the most successful is in the chemestry of our team. It's a shame Ben may be leaving, Because this is the Batman I've always wanted. Gal was wonderful as usual,and Jason and Ray did well with their roles.

The stand outs are Ezra, (whom was absolutely entertaining as Barry) and Henry. Anyone who walks away from JL still bitching about "not muh Superman"... Seriously there is no pleasing you. He's not only " my" Superman, but yours too. He's become the classic Superman the naysayers have wanted without turning him into a copy of Chris Reeve. As some have pointed out, he feels like Greg Pak's Supes with a touch of Tomasi's and Jurgens current version, all the while still in line with the last two installments. He's earned his arc.

My only real nitpicks are again ,the rushed first act. This movie should have been at very least 15 minutes longer. I too hope there will be an extended cut, if not Zack's full original version. In fact I'd be up for three cuts. Zack's original 3 hr cut before the Whedon reshoots, the theatrical cut, and a best of both cut that incorporates more of the material to flesh out the first half in particular.

The CGI was a little wonky here and there but not terrible. Steppenwolf wasn't great as a villan, but neither are most villains in these types of movies not named Loki,Zod Vulture or Red Skull. He's still better than most of Marvel's villains of late. He was serviceable and served to set up the Fourth World for later movies ,and gave our heroes something to punch.

Also, without spoiling anything, I think Lois Lane was not well served. Nothing character breaking or ruining, but not quite consistent with the character we saw in MOS and BvS. I also missed Laurence Fishburne's Perry.

All in all though, I say Option 2. It's the third best cbm this year for me ( Logan is #1, WW is #2) and really sets the DCEU on a good path.Its actually world's better than Age of Ultron and Thor: Devil's Anus. It knew how to blend in subtle comedy without sacrificing drama or turning it into a farce , which Ragnarok failed at.

I just hope JL does well enough so we can at least some great solo efforts to build out this universe, Particularly another Supes film and eventually in a few years a JL 2 that builds on the promise here.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 11-17-2017 at 03:50 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    It got a good kicking in review in today’s Times.

I probably won’t bother going to see it. (I know it’s fairly trivial but I thought the costumes looked crap...my gut reaction is that if you can’t get that right in a super hero movie, that there’s a good chance there will be a fair amount of other stuff going wrong.)
    If you want to know what the people in this thread think, its overwhelmingly positive, 53% of the votes are for very good, enjoyable and engaging, worth seeing again.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Just got home from seeing it. I echo what a lot of folks are saying in this thread. I really, really liked it, if not love it. Yes, I acknowledge the first act is a little messy, and there might even be 1-2 lines I thought were cringeworthy. But the rest of the film was awesome and a delight and a dream come true for me.

PRIMARY COMPLAINT: Too many upskirt or butt shots of Gal Gadot. That's neither necessary nor right.

It was alright. Surprisingly disappointed in it. Especially the Flash.

Seems like too many hands messed with the final product. I thought it was a decent film, with some great character interactions by the League, but thanks to a wafer thin plot and many cuts it ends up being forgettable. Similar problems I feel that Ragnarok had, except I like that JL was still an action/adventure and not an outright comedy.

Retired

Saw it a second time and feel good about my initial reaction. If anything I might upgrade and say that it's on the same level as BATMAN BEGINS.

Since I'm always second-guessing a movie like this, when I watched JL the first time, I was worried that the movie was taking too long in setting up the characters and giving them their own sequences, before getting into the meat of the problem. I didn't mind that--just thought it could be one of those things critics pick at. I didn't think people would say it was rushed. Goes to show you never know what the target of criticism is going to be.

When you've seen how Patty Jenkins films strong women--and you've spent an entire summer appreciating what that means--it is a bit of an adjustment to see how a man handles that same material. But other male directors do much worse (James Cameron). And Snyder is the one who first came up with the vision for Wonder Woman and the Amazons, that Jenkins developed. So I give him a pass on that score. He didn't have the benefit of seeing Jenkins' completed work before he filmed JL.

At the second showing, I had a better view of the credits at the end and appreciated seeing the creative credit for Gardner Fox. Got choked up about that. Credits for creators of individual characters is normal, but creators of whole teams don't get enough acknowledgement--unless they're Stan Lee.

I wish someone would advise people to stay to the very end of the credits. You'd think with the Marvel movies everyone would. And at the preview showing no one I saw was leaving, yet at today's screening, about half the audience left. Sucks for them.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I haven't seen the movie yet, but it appears it's going to be another disappointment for WB. I'm not exactly sure you screw up Justice League but I thought it was pretty clear after BvS that Zack Snyder should have been dumped. And they obviously didn't learn their lessons from Suicide Squad.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Looks like it's 87% "fresh" here, at least.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Looks like it's 87% "fresh" here, at least.

who cares. RT is the only that matters, people dont have own mind anymore. Also, the DCEU is dead, DC as a whole will always play second to Marvel, they are the cool ****, nohing we can do, nohing to hope

BANNED

I love the movie. My main concern was how they were gonna handle bringing back Superman. And I'm hoping that this was them getting their "evil Superman" high out of their system.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    who cares. RT is the only that matters, people dont have own mind anymore. Also, the DCEU is dead, DC as a whole will always play second to Marvel, they are the cool ****, nohing we can do, nohing to hope
    If people didn't have their own mind everyone would be sucking up to the critics. Also **** the critics, DCEU ain't dead, and we need to get ourselves out of the Marvel comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    I love the movie. My main concern was how they were gonna handle bringing back Superman. And I'm hoping that this was them getting their "evil Superman" high out of their system.

sadly, nobody will care, The narrtive that is an epic fail and nobody likes or should like it is already on. Is just negativity, everywhere

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Just saw it, I enjoyed it. I'll probably see it again.

I was pretty nervous around the 2nd quarter of the movie (it felt rushed and I thought they were going directly into the third act) but then it really picked up and I enjoyed it. Once again I was wowed as certain classic comic book visuals and lines came to life.

I also think the character work was mostly on point. The tensions were natural and Bruce and Diana's conflicts in particularly really made the film for me in a lot of ways. As did Superman of course.

Retired

It's good to see so many DC fans like the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    Yeah, they did it with a surprisingly light touch and didn't linger on it for long, which was a relief.

I was also tickled by the idea of Flash and Cyborg as grave robbers and "Resurrection Men."

Some random thoughts:

spoilers:

1. Was surprised by the opening scene..."real cam" cell phone footage of Superman (pre-death) having a discussion with some kid fans of his in Metropolis. That was a surprisingly poignant moment...especially when Superman could not quite figure out how to respond to the kid's question of why he loved Earth.

2. Wonder Woman scene at the Old Bailey (I think it was) was AWESOME SAUCE, and very much in the spirit of what we'd seen in the WONDER WOMAN movie.

3. Glad to see Batman/Bruce Wayne and Alfred lightening up after the heavy moods of BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE.

4. I've never been the biggest fan of Cyborg as a member of the Justice League, but his portrayal in this movie has made a convert out of me. Victor is an awesome hero and very much deserves his spot alongside the League.

5. Aquaman and Flash were everything I expected them to be, and more.

6. Steppenwolf was an OK villain, but it was pretty clear to me that he's being set up here as a herald to Darkseid. The question that leaves us with is whether we'll ever get to see Darkseid himself in the DCEU (please, ye comic book movie gods...let it be so).

7. Someone mooted a DCEU film of nothing but Superman vs. Flash races. I'm 1000% behind that idea!

8. Did being reborn make Superman more powerful than he was pre-death? To me, he seemed a LOT more powerful than he was in his two previous appearances (and that's a good thing).

9. Speaking of his rebirth, I really like the role that Flash and Cyborg played in it...and when first Lois and then Martha saw Clark alive...among the most emotionally powerful moments ever seen in a comic book movie. You really feel hope being reborn with Superman.

10. The final reflection by Lois at the end of the movie...about hidden heroes among us and how hope never really dies, and that darkness not being the absence of light, but the loss of hope that light will ever return. In light of recent events in the world during the past few years, THIS MESSAGE MEANS MORE THAN EVER. Just Lois's closing thoughts made the movie worth the price of admission.

11. The mid-credits scene (ha ha!) and post-credits scene (ooooh!).
    end of spoilers