View Poll Results: What did you think of "Justice League"?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amazing, one of if not the best comic book movie

15 6.49%
  • Very good, enjoyable and engaging, worth seeing again

128 55.41%
  • Alright, watchable, but nothing special; a bit of a disappointment

61 26.41%
  • A bad movie overall, a huge disappointment

21 9.09%
  • A disgrace, a total bomb, an aberration, Worst. Movie.Ever.

6 2.60%
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Superman questioning himself is not something Snyder invented and has been going for far longer than you realize. DC has occupied a wide variety of tones, characters and stories. They are not just one thing. And frankly, I think the Avengers gave people a far more flattering opinion of just how much superheroes prioritize civilians over stopping villains. The fight in MoS was little different from most one one one superhero battles

As for the idea that no one was inspired by Snyder's Superman?

Zack Snyder’s DC Films helped people Overcome depression & suicidal thoughts

https://superherotalksite.wordpress....-stories-here/
    I had no problems with destruction of Metropolis. (But they should have put in some scenes of him helping after fight. Its too massive to ignore for most people). Nor do i have problems with killing Zod. In retrospect it would have been wiser not to do it. It divided the fanbase.

See the thing is Zack Snyder's storytelling has fans. There are in fact a lot of fans of his work. Many fans are touched by his work. But by the results in BO and critics we can see that it does not work for the majority of people.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 11-19-2017 at 10:26 AM.

its weird that here and in the DCEU, thread, comments are gloom and doom, but the pool is mostly positive If this poll was like RT, the movie would be over 70

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    its weird that here and in the DCEU, thread, comments are gloom and doom, but the pool is mostly positive If this poll was like RT, the movie would be over 70
    DCEU fans are not the general public. They have incentive to swarm the polls and distort the outcomes. A bit like winning a popular vote, but still losing an election.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    DCEU fans are not the general public. They have incentive to swarm the polls and distort the outcomes. A bit like winning a popular vote, but still losing an election.
    I don't remember BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE getting overwhelming love here last year.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I don't remember BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE getting overwhelming love here last year.

It has some pretty ferocious support on these forums I think.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    them ost voted option is its an OK moie, but yeah, the narrative that is a failure and everyone hated it will begin soon.

F........ rotten tomatoes
    Forget rotten tomatoes. Look at the box office. BvS had its affect on JL and it shows that people who didn't like BvS weren't coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post

The characters were incredible, Gadot's acting was solid, Batfleck was incredible, Ezra's Barry became easily a fan-favorite, Cyborg and Aquaman were great. Yet the most moving scenes belonged to Superman, period. When he returned...incredible, I found myself gasping on the film, I was so excited. There is something glorious about seeing this team on the big screen. An incredibly feeling, I found myself smiling when I found the Trinity standing together victorious.

And the second post credit scene...they are coming.
    The characters were by far the best part of the movie and probably the thing that most people consistently liked. After these opening weekend sales I'm not sure that we'll be seeing the Injustice League any time soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post

Miller's Flash was weird, but entertaining. I loved that they depicted Aquaman as a powerhouse rather than a joke. Cyborg was okay and the Trinity was solid. Mera didn't have much screen time, but they didn't undercut her power.
    Miller's Flash was 85% entertaining. I think he needs to reign in the weirdness a little bit. Someone also needs to show him how to run.

Retired

I also saw BVS getting a lot of negative comments on CBR and generating long threads where this was fought out for months and months. And probably still could.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    It has some pretty ferocious support on these forums I think.
    It did. But there were a far bigger proportion of negative comments than we are seeing in this thread...BA was not suggesting for a second that Dawn of Justice had no supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    It did. But there were a far bigger proportion of negative comments than we are seeing in this thread...BA was not suggesting for a second that Dawn of Justice had no supporters.
    I was and am one of those supporters; we were NOT winning here.

My opinion it was good. The CGI was dodgy in places especially HC's mustache and the uncanny valley feel that gave. Flash was good but slightly annoying, Cyborg was wooden IMO, Aquaman wasn't as broey as I feared the trailers made him look. HC was great as Superman as was GG's Wonder Woman and BA was good as Batman. Now if on Netflix I'd watch or on TV also interested if an Ultimate Cut is ever issued outside of that I'd honestly rather just watch the DCAU's Justice League and JLU.

Retired

I realize I have bad vision, but my prescription glasses are up to date and I went to an IMAX preview showing and I didn't see anything wrong. You guys are giving me a complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I realize I have bad vision, but my prescription glasses are up to date and I went to an IMAX preview showing and I didn't see anything wrong. You guys are giving me a complex.
    Welcome to being a fan of any recent DC movie not titled WONDER WOMAN.

How did you like the overall plot/storyline?

Fairly generic with very little creativity. My favorite parts of the story was the Amazons' involvement and the whole war between them and Darkseid's army. But it was only 30 seconds long, should have expanded on that in flashbacks. Cyborg's arc was cut short but was very interesting to me, I really wished they showed more of the character and what he was about. Ideally, they should have made a Teen Titans movie first before Justice League so that people would know who Cyborg was.

How did you find the tone?

It worked well. Darker than Marvel's films, but lighter than BvS, which was absolutely necessary.

How did you like the individual characterizations and the characters' interactions?

Characters were wonderful. I was skeptical of Jason Mamoa as Aquaman but he really is Aquaman. The only character that they could have left out was Batman. Because let's face it, he didn't do much in the movie besides being the strategist and motivational-speaker.

Also the villain. Steppenwolfe was awful. WB needs to get their head out of their asses with these generic villains. This is like the starter kit DC villain guide. Lex, Joker, Darkseid. We don't need to see them anymore, they need to show some real Justice League villains. Starro, Despero, Amazo, Royal Flush Gang, Kanjar-Ro, Dr.Light, Weapons Master, Martians. Come on, show something we haven't seen before.

Did you like the action sequences?

No complaints, I wish Flash did more than just run fast though. Superman fight alone was worth it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Yeah, this wasn't that good. I respect BvS despite it being a mess because it tried to be something different even if it didn't succeed. This was just generic from start to finish. The cast is fine, but the movie they are in is not doing them any favors.

I loved Gadot as usual and even though he wasn't in it much, Cavill was great and showed he could nail Superman if he was in a better movie*. The worst thing about the film's reception is that he will likely not get that chance. If Wan's Aquaman turns out good and is a moderate hit, they should probably just stick to making good, self contained solo movies. There is no need for a hard reboot, as the X-Men films don't bother with that when they have flops.

*But dear lord, that poor bastard's CGI'd to shit face in the reshoots.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    My opinion it was good. The CGI was dodgy in places especially HC's mustache and the uncanny valley feel that gave. Flash was good but slightly annoying, Cyborg was wooden IMO, Aquaman wasn't as broey as I feared the trailers made him look. HC was great as Superman as was GG's Wonder Woman and BA was good as Batman. Now if on Netflix I'd watch or on TV also interested if an Ultimate Cut is ever issued outside of that I'd honestly rather just watch the DCAU's Justice League and JLU.
    I enjoyed the character themselves and that was the strongest part of the film. Flash was good but I think Snyder and Whedon needed to reign in Miller a little bit. He was a little to over the top and annoying sometimes.