Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

What's stopping Doomsday's AOE from screwing over his team?

Enchantress is the least durable person here so she might just straight up die. Ares and Inccubus are less durable than Thor and Hulk, so they're pretty screwed too. Hell, Thor and Hulk should be able to tank it the same way Supes and WW did.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    What's stopping Doomsday's AOE from screwing over his team?

Enchantress is the least durable person here so she might just straight up die. Ares and Inccubus are less durable than Thor and Hulk, so they're pretty screwed too. Hell, Thor and Hulk should be able to tank it the same way Supes and WW did.
    Nothing is stopping from hurting his own team. So after the AOE, the ones left standing on Marvel would be Thor and Hulk, and Superman, Wonder Woman and DD for DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Nothing is stopping from hurting his own team. So after the AOE, the ones left standing on Marvel would be Thor and Hulk, and Superman, Wonder Woman and DD for DC.
    Superman and WW are not in this rumble. And I hardly think they can just stand there in the same way Superman did. But I will avoid that argument for know as it has to do with Thors durability and such, and that's still a pending argument.

Basically, DD won't open with an AoE as he needs to be struck a few times first to illicit that response. Nothing however prevents him from blasting a continuous beam of heat vision capable of blasting through Supermans own beam and driving him off in a fireball.

Zods HV was powerful enough to split a modern day skyscraper in half by accident. Supermans is at least that strong, if not more so because of his better control of his powers. And DD sliced right through that with his own beam. He just focuses down Thor at the bell, which puts the guy on defense on stops him from throwing out his own AoE's. During this time, Ares TK's swords and weapons away from revengers and melts them. Enchantress throws a mind whammy at Hulk. Then Ares starts with his own lightning. Even Incubus can swat military craft away at distance with some measure of speed and possess a potent healing factor.

It's a rough match for the revengers. Only the swords could maybe stop DD and once they are gone, nothing can.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

If Doomsday doesn't start with the AOE then Loki can get off his illusions to mess with team DCEU's aim and Thor can start raining down thunderbolts to stop Ares and Enchantress TK.

With Doomsday distracted by illusions and lighting bolts pinning down Ares, and killing Enchantress, Hulk and Valkyrie can make quick work of Inccubus while Thor beats down Ares.

Then the Revengers can all team up against Doomsday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    If Doomsday doesn't start with the AOE then Loki can get off his illusions to mess with team DCEU's aim and Thor can start raining down thunderbolts to stop Ares and Enchantress TK.

With Doomsday distracted by illusions and lighting bolts pinning down Ares, and killing Enchantress, Hulk and Valkyrie can make quick work of Inccubus while Thor beats down Ares.

Then the Revengers can all team up against Doomsday.
    There is no particular reason to think Loki could distract any of them in a meaningful way. DD blasts Thor with his vision at the bell. Loki starts creating illusions... well in Ragnarok the illusions still have to walk straight out of his original body. Or even if he can create them elsewhere, still they saw the originals starting position at the bell. Loki is sort of bad in a straight Rumble. Just the nature of his powers. Ares and Enchantress can both teleport and pull their weapons away. Again, that sword is literally their only chance of beating DD so with two people using teleportation and attempting to disarm them... those are poor odds.

Or, Enchantress can locate and mind whammy 4 or more people all at once at the bell as shown in her movie. Bell starts, she goes with that. Probably they could shrug it off but not before Ares and DD take total advantage of those brief seconds and disarm the sword and begin pinning Thor down with vision.

Their is no real reason to think Revengers have any appreciable speed edge. In fact, DD is probably the fastest one here, as he could casually intercept superman in mid flying dive bomb, swat away WW out of the air mid jump, likewise dodge or intercept her attacks. And she was a casual bullet timer.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Loki starts creating illusions... well in Ragnarok the illusions still have to walk straight out of his original body.
    In Avengers 1, the Germany scene, the illusions appeared out of nowhere so there's no reason to think Loki would be downgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    In Avengers 1, the Germany scene, the illusions appeared out of nowhere so there's no reason to think Loki would be downgraded.
    I literally covered both scenarios in my post.
    - big_adventure

Superman and WW are not in this rumble. And I hardly think they can just stand there in the same way Superman did. But I will avoid that argument for know as it has to do with Thors durability and such, and that's still a pending argument.

Basically, DD won't open with an AoE as he needs to be struck a few times first to illicit that response. Nothing however prevents him from blasting a continuous beam of heat vision capable of blasting through Supermans own beam and driving him off in a fireball.

Zods HV was powerful enough to split a modern day skyscraper in half by accident. Supermans is at least that strong, if not more so because of his better control of his powers. And DD sliced right through that with his own beam. He just focuses down Thor at the bell, which puts the guy on defense on stops him from throwing out his own AoE's. During this time, Ares TK's swords and weapons away from revengers and melts them. Enchantress throws a mind whammy at Hulk. Then Ares starts with his own lightning. Even Incubus can swat military craft away at distance with some measure of speed and possess a potent healing factor.

It's a rough match for the revengers. Only the swords could maybe stop DD and once they are gone, nothing can.
    Gah! Got mixed up in threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Gah! Got mixed up in threads.
    It happens :P
    - big_adventure

I’m still not convinced the Revengers have the firepower needed to incapacitate Doomsday, let alone destroy him. I’ve also underestimated Enchantress’s usefulness in this fight, which makes it even worse for the MCU guys.

...Man, we’re going to be seeing Steppenwolf pop up in these Rumbles real soon. It’s going to be DCEU/MCU open season.

We have all been downplaying how powerful or pivotal the role Ares can play is.

https://youtu.be/_mqF63Ufj_4

He has massive TK. He can create giant explosions. Shoot lightning. Destroy any blades that get close to him. He can straight up fly. He can also cast illusions and psychic distractions into the minds of the Revengers.

Right before the clip I posted, Ares was manipulating the thoughts and visuals of WW's mind, showing her a world without humans etc. All of this was fast and second nature to the guy. Little to no wind up
    - big_adventure

Red face

Don't forget that since the fight takes place in Asgard, the option of BFR of Doomsday or anyone on either side is a possibility. Of course there's no one there to operate the bifrost qnd Odin treasure room is empty.

-Does anyone else think the ship Valkyrie had on Sakaar would constitute standard equipment? If yes, I wonder if it would make any difference on the fight? Technically speaking, she had the ship probably for years...

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Don't forget that since the fight takes place in Asgard, the option of BFR of Doomsday or anyone on either side is a possibility. Of course there's no one there to operate the bifrost qnd Odin treasure room is empty.

-Does anyone else think the ship Valkyrie had on Sakaar would constitute standard equipment? If yes, I wonder if it would make any difference on the fight? Technically speaking, she had the ship probably for years...
    The ship kind of goes against the spirit of standard gear imo. Like, The Arbiter (halo) had a covenant capital ship under his ownership for the vast majority of his military career, but I don't see him having that in Rumbles :P

I mean if you wanted to edit the OP or create a scenario than sure!
    - big_adventure

The ship kind of goes against the spirit of standard gear imo. Like, The Arbiter (halo) had a covenant capital ship under his ownership for the vast majority of his military career, but I don't see him having that in Rumbles :P
    In fairness, he wasn't the Arbiter at that point.

He only became the Arbiter after he was made example of, IIRC ;3
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    In fairness, he wasn't the Arbiter at that point.

He only became the Arbiter after he was made example of, IIRC ;3
    .....yknow the other thread where I said we needed more of you? I was wrong.

*slaps cthulhu*

OH GOD WHY ARE YOU SO SLIMY
    - big_adventure