Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    .....yknow the other thread where I said we needed more of you? I was wrong.

*slaps cthulhu*

OH GOD WHY ARE YOU SO SLIMY
    Elementary my dear Sangheili: JAPAN!
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    What happened?
    Cthulhu Happened.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I sure did.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Incredible Member

Just as a note, Thor could potentially BFR Doomsday by flying him off the side of Asgard.

Beyond that, no one here is beating Thor. Or even doing anything meaningful to him at all.
    Even in a fist fight, I think it would be a pretty fun fight unless we spot DD the superspeed.
    He definitely was altered by the process, but at the same time, he was originally Kryptonian.. And also did react to Superman flying straight at him... So I could buy it.
    Assuming he has that type of speed, Thor is in even more trouble.

Though, I will note, DD could not fly, even though his original version could.

(I have finally returned after my weeks of vanishment!)

Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    Just as a note, Thor could potentially BFR Doomsday by flying him off the side of Asgard.

Beyond that, no one here is beating Thor. Or even doing anything meaningful to him at all.
    Even in a fist fight, I think it would be a pretty fun fight unless we spot DD the superspeed.
    He definitely was altered by the process, but at the same time, he was originally Kryptonian.. And also did react to Superman flying straight at him... So I could buy it.
    Assuming he has that type of speed, Thor is in even more trouble.

Though, I will note, DD could not fly, even though his original version could.

(I have finally returned after my weeks of vanishment!)
    Why do you all keep selling Ares short? Did you not see the WW fight? yes I think Thor can win in a fight with him but to say he can't hurt Thor at all is just not true o well agree to disagree I guess.
    Last edited by choptop; 11-22-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Why do you all keep selling Ares short? Did you not see the WW fight? yes I think Thor can win in a fight with him but to say he can't hurt Thor at all is just not true o well agree to disagree I guess.
    It is not selling him short.
    Thor basically no-sells most things in his showings. Kurse hurt him, but nothing lasting.
    He was KO'd by an island blowing up in his face for some short period of time with no lasting damage.
    Otherwise, he shrugs off attacks from an Infinity Stone, grins at hits from The Hulk, etc.
    The Hulk definitely seemed a lot more powerful than Ares and in Ragnarok, Thor was wrecking him, even without his hammer.

This is not selling Ares short, this is being realistic.
    Nothing he does in the movie suggests he is capable of handling Thor for more than a short period of time and he has all of no showings to say he could actually hurt Thor.

It is not selling him short.
    Thor basically no-sells most things in his showings. Kurse hurt him, but nothing lasting.
    He was KO'd by an island blowing up in his face for some short period of time with no lasting damage.
    Otherwise, he shrugs off attacks from an Infinity Stone, grins at hits from The Hulk, etc.
    The Hulk definitely seemed a lot more powerful than Ares and in Ragnarok, Thor was wrecking him, even without his hammer.

This is not selling Ares short, this is being realistic.
    Nothing he does in the movie suggests he is capable of handling Thor for more than a short period of time and he has all of no showings to say he could actually hurt Thor.
    I guess they don't need the other hero's in the next avengers movies they can all stay home and are not needed if Thors powerful to the point we're ares can't hurt him with he's TK or what have you needles to say I respect your opinion but still disagree.

I guess they don't need the other hero's in the next avengers movies they can all stay home and are not needed if Thors powerful to the point we're ares can't hurt him with he's TK or what have you needles to say I respect your opinion but still disagree.
    I wouldn't say that. We're still learning what all he can do, there's a chance Hela survived and Thanos is coming. Which hopefully means the Avengers are going to be fighting a full on Integalactic War soon.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I wouldn't say that. We're still learning what all he can do, there's a chance Hela survived and Thanos is coming. Which hopefully means the Avengers are going to be fighting a full on Integalactic War soon.
    This.
    Thanos is being billed ominously as the strongest being in the galaxy.
    Hela was flatout more powerful than Thor, at least up till that point.

Thor is not the strongest thing in the universe. The correlation you are making is incorrect.
    Your claim that being more powerful than Ares makes everyone else useless is strange really...
    What has Ares done that is more impressive than this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amVfFRNmDE4

Keep in mind, Thor handled multiple punches from Hulk and did not care.
    Hulk also caused localized tremors when trying to get out of the cage Iron Man put him in during AoU.
    He and Iron Man also caused shockwaves and Iron Man crashed him through a building under construction and crushed it down on him.
    Thor did much better when fighting Hulk than Hulkbuster did. Without Mjilnor, mind you.

This.
    Thanos is being billed ominously as the strongest being in the galaxy.
    Hela was flatout more powerful than Thor, at least up till that point.

Thor is not the strongest thing in the universe. The correlation you are making is incorrect.
    Your claim that being more powerful than Ares makes everyone else useless is strange really...
    What has Ares done that is more impressive than this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amVfFRNmDE4

Keep in mind, Thor handled multiple punches from Hulk and did not care.
    Hulk also caused localized tremors when trying to get out of the cage Iron Man put him in during AoU.
    He and Iron Man also caused shockwaves and Iron Man crashed him through a building under construction and crushed it down on him.
    Thor did much better when fighting Hulk than Hulkbuster did. Without Mjilnor, mind you.
    I'm being sarcastic bro in my opinion I think people are over hyping Thor's power up because the movie was really good he is powerful for sure just not no sell attks from Ares or hulk powerful but that's just my opinion.

Kurse was bloodying Thor. Hulk drew blood then proceeded to only toss the guy instead of hit him.

The island exploding is a highly controversial feat that is under moderator review (any progress Guy1?). Honestly, it would be hundreds or thousands of megatons of force. Which either means A: you take the feat to be something much less impressive, as the movies own dialogue suggests, or B: you toss it out as SMvFL as a truly massive outlier.

The 2nd fight he had with Hulk, he was on his way out until his power up. And then the Hulk KO'd him. Before you say "bro! control disk!" just remember that the effects had worn OFF by the Hulks final blow, which is why he even managed to raise his arms at the last moment to defend himself.

"He survived an infinity stone!" That stone was meant to destroy the entire universe during convergence. So unless you are arguing Thor is more durable than all of reality, we can only judge it based on feats. Which are tossing him through concrete.

The Hulk that fought Hulkbuster was raged out by Scarlett Witch to max levels. That was a much stronger Hulk than Thor fought. We plainly see it when his mind clears after the building falls and he visibly shrinks to 30% smaller. At which point Hulkbuster 1 punch KO's him.

Look, I love Thor and the MCU..
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Kurse was bloodying Thor. Hulk drew blood then proceeded to only toss the guy instead of hit him.

The island exploding is a highly controversial feat that is under moderator review (any progress Guy1?). Honestly, it would be hundreds or thousands of megatons of force. Which either means A: you take the feat to be something much less impressive, as the movies own dialogue suggests, or B: you toss it out as SMvFL as a truly massive outlier.

The 2nd fight he had with Hulk, he was on his way out until his power up. And then the Hulk KO'd him. Before you say "bro! control disk!" just remember that the effects had worn OFF by the Hulks final blow, which is why he even managed to raise his arms at the last moment to defend himself.

"He survived an infinity stone!" That stone was meant to destroy the entire universe during convergence. So unless you are arguing Thor is more durable than all of reality, we can only judge it based on feats. Which are tossing him through concrete.

The Hulk that fought Hulkbuster was raged out by Scarlett Witch to max levels. That was a much stronger Hulk than Thor fought. We plainly see it when his mind clears after the building falls and he visibly shrinks to 30% smaller. At which point Hulkbuster 1 punch KO's him.

Planning to finish reviewing the threads tomorrow now that I finally have time.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Incredible Member

I'm being sarcastic bro in my opinion I think people are over hyping Thor's power up because the movie was really good he is powerful for sure just not no sell attks from Ares or hulk powerful but that's just my opinion.
    Any feats for Ares that are above what I posted?

Ehh.. Kurse did damage but nothing that seemed to hamper him very long.
    Hulk made him grin and did zero lasting damage. Even to the point that he did not even seem strained or tired afterwards.

I am truly torn on this feat.
    We never see anything at all that contradicts this, including the various things mentioned.
    Yes, it is his strongest feat but it did KO him. Nothing else even seemed to come close to knocking him out for even a brief moment except whatever happened after the fight in Ragnarok, which I will address in a moment.

Not really.
    He was knocking Hulk around just fine and suffering no real damage from him at any point.
    The control disk was KOing him consistently, and probably did the same to The Hulk when he first showed up.
    There is no real indication that it wore off so much as he instinctively lifted his arms against a raging Hulk that was diving down on him.
    The entire scene was to show that Hulk could not beat him, which is why the disk was activated.

This is downplaying a bit.
    The stone itself can destroy the universe, but that does not mean those hits were. The hits were clearly stronger than anything Hulk did considering how they knocked him around.
    So they are definitely more than concrete breaking hits.

He was also raged out by the Mind-Stone when he fought Thor in the Helicarrier. That is actually what made him lose control.
    In the Arena, Thor fought a Hulk that had been The Hulk for so long that Banner was gone completely. Classically, the strongest version of Hulk.
    Thor had even less trouble there and did not even have Mjilnor.
    His "realization" of power came later on and it was a complete stomp at that point.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Planning to finish reviewing the threads tomorrow now that I finally have time.
    Honestly, the feat is strange.
    It is hard to call SMvFL against someone with only a handful of showings in a smaller number of movies.
    In this case, the explosion knocked him unconscious. This means he cannot no-sell the damage but it is not capable of killing him.
    Other instances of soak, All-but-ignoring Hulk's hits. One gave him a bloody lip, but the rest literally did nothing but knock him around.
    Kurse hurt him, but nothing that held. Kurse is clearly, way, way stronger than Hulk based on the ease that he trashed Thor, even smacking away Mjilnor.
    The Infinity Stone was knocking him around but doing all of no actual damage.

Considering the damage that Hulk does (one-shotting a whale-monster-thingy that weighs easily in the hundreds, if not thousands of tons that can casually float through buildings, causing localized quakes, shockwaves, etc) and Thor literally did not care about his attacks. Along with the other things listed, Thor even has the presentation of being the most powerful Avenger (save maybe Dr. Strange now). And with that presentation, it is shown that his top-end power is not displayed. As proof, Ragnarok showed that he is more powerful than he believed. He was able to summon the lightning that could one-shot two of those whale thingies. And even used those in his fists.

I bring those up as an example of just how durable even The Hulk is considering he was able to keep fighting with those blows hitting him.

Just my thoughts and some things to consider is all.
    I definitely do not think it is something he can handle in a fight, but survive? It seems okay based on the way he treats most damage in the series.

Random things presented for consideration.