Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Despero vs Juggernaut

Post Crisis Despero vs Classic Juggernaut
    No TP and No BFR
    Who Wins?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Nobody. It just never ends. Despero cannot hurt classic Juggy, and with no BFR, he can't get rid of him either.

So.

The only ways Despero could possibly beat Classic Juggs would be:

1) Eventually rip off his helmet and skull-cap then brain-zap him.
    2) BFR him.

So, with those two options gone, what chances do YOU give Despero of beating the fundamentally indestructible Juggernaut?

The worst part of this is; one of the more current iterations of the Juggernaut was completely immune to telepathy anyway. Didn't even need his helmet. So like, I assume they eventually get bored and play Slapjack or something.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Is Juggernaut's helmet enchanted - so it provides him protection against telepathy? Or is it just really super dense metal? I have the same question regarding Magneto's helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Is Juggernaut's helmet enchanted - so it provides him protection against telepathy? Or is it just really super dense metal? I have the same question regarding Magneto's helmet.
    Juggernaut's helmet is magic. Magneto's helmet is technology and through MOST of Magneto's career, he didn't wear anything to protect him against telepathy. I don't think that idea appear until the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Juggernaut's helmet is magic. Magneto's helmet is technology and through MOST of Magneto's career, he didn't wear anything to protect him against telepathy. I don't think that idea appear until the movie.
    No, Magneto has had his helmet to protect from telepathy in the comics for quite a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Yup, this is not true: Mags had the helmet to protect him from telepathy since the 60's. He also permanently modified the Earth's magnetic field in such a way as to limit the range of telepathy - Chaz could touch a whole planet when he's not on Earth, but was limited to a couple of hundred miles unaided when on Earth, at least, back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Yup, this is not true: Mags had the helmet to protect him from telepathy since the 60's. He also permanently modified the Earth's magnetic field in such a way as to limit the range of telepathy - Chaz could touch a whole planet when he's not on Earth, but was limited to a couple of hundred miles unaided when on Earth, at least, back in the day.
    With that noted, there are various occasions where he hasn't needed the helmet to resist telepathy (not Chaz's telepathy one grants, and Xavier has straight up psychically overpowered Magneto through the helmet anyway, but telepathy all the same)

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    With that noted, there are various occasions where he hasn't needed the helmet to resist telepathy (not Chaz's telepathy one grants, and Xavier has straight up psychically overpowered Magneto through the helmet anyway, but telepathy all the same)
    Definitely true there: he has stopped TP by several non-helmet methods over the years, if I recall correctly:

1. For a while, he was written as a low-end, maybe just latent, telepath himself. I think this even made the old Marvel Handbook (not a feat here, but it was written) in the 80s.
    2. He's shucked off TP through pure willpower.
    3. And, of course, MAGNETS! His ability to manipulate, um, stuff and ****, has let him interfere with TP.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    He also permanently modified the Earth's magnetic field in such a way as to limit the range of telepathy
    I didn't know telepathy was affected my Earth's magnetic field.

#comicbooklogic
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

That's not even the craziest thing he did with his powers.

My personal favourite is the time he undid brainwashing with them because MAGNETS!

Despero's not biologically immortal is he?

So basically after a very very LONG time, Despero dies of old age, leaving Juggernaut the winner by attrition.