Thread: Savage Dragon.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Still winning!

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    Erik already explained in a previous post that everything he does comes with a price. He doesn't have a big bad company to cover all the costs of this venture, he has to pay for everything out of his pocket. It's no good for him to gamble on a possible low selling collection.
    Marketing it at stores would be a prob. My local shop basically sells comics and merch for the big 2. At least 4/5th of the product space is dedicated to the Big 2. A compendium aimed at new readers would not get decent product placement at my local shop. I imagine it's the same at most comic shops. The only other store in my area for comics is Barnes and Noble. But they mainly do watered down/mainstream stuff that's gonna sell tremendously. They don't take chances on indie stuff. So the problem on Erik's end would be getting retailers on the ball.

This is also a problem that Ant would face if resurrected. I highly doubt Barnes and Noble would sell Ant trades. And the local shops would have poor placement.
    Last edited by JFP; 04-02-2019 at 05:25 AM.