Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
Results 271 to 283 of 283

Thread: Savage Dragon.

  1. #271
    Extraordinary Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    5,208

    Default

    The Savage Dragon makes a cameo appearance in Crossover #6


  2. #272

    Default

    Anyone else read the latest Savage Dragon/North Force? I don't really see why these were released as two separate issues outside of the backup material.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

  3. #273
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    4,094

    Default

    pumped for the upcoming Mako appearance in 263.

  4. #274
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,937

    Default

    Got the new Ant 12. Do think Ant needs to be a little thicker.

  5. #275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Got the new Ant 12. Do think Ant needs to be a little thicker.
    I also read Ant. Went in pretty much blind. (I read the first trade ages ago, but remember none of it.) Very excited for the next series but I wonder if Erik is going to write AND draw two series at once or if he's gonna farm out the art duties. At least Ant is solidly in the broader Highbrow/Image universe.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

  6. #276
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    I also read Ant. Went in pretty much blind. (I read the first trade ages ago, but remember none of it.) Very excited for the next series but I wonder if Erik is going to write AND draw two series at once or if he's gonna farm out the art duties. At least Ant is solidly in the broader Highbrow/Image universe.
    Yeah it'd be good if he could find a dependable artist or writer but I guess that's hard these days. It's gotta be hard pulling double duty with art and writing on 2 series.
    Read the new Dragon too. Everyone on NF powers are clear except Blue Jay. Does she just fly around and look good?lol. If Malcolm has a type I could see him slipping into her dms. That's if she makes it back from Tootsie's ill concieved mission. i don't think NF thought that out too well lol.

  7. #277
    Astonishing Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Krakoa
    Posts
    2,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    I also read Ant. Went in pretty much blind. (I read the first trade ages ago, but remember none of it.) Very excited for the next series but I wonder if Erik is going to write AND draw two series at once or if he's gonna farm out the art duties. At least Ant is solidly in the broader Highbrow/Image universe.
    I quite enjoyed Ant even though I wasn't even remotely familiar with her book and only knew of the character via her previous guest-appearances. I'm very much looking forward to vol. 2 now though and it will be interesting to see if Larsen will be able to write and draw 2 books at the same time or if he's going to find another artist for Ant down the line.

  8. #278
    small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    western MA beside the CT River
    Posts
    1,121

    Default

    I read Ant 12, after re-reading the Arcana series, and the first half-dozen Image issues, plus a later issue (#8), in preparation for the new #12. I really liked the Arcana series, enough to pick up the first Image series as it came out, but found it disappointing in that it was no longer the story of a little girl's life, and had become more a standard, if unusual superhero story, and then, more and more standard. And that's how I feel about the new issue. (And yes, Cliffhanger2, Ant should've been much thicker-- she looks kind of anorexic to me (although, admittedly, somewhat more ant-like)). I feel as though her personality has been lost, and while I read, and understand Larson's essay at the end, I still would prefer little Hannah and her dreams to the new approach.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Usagi, Velvet

  9. #279
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    I read Ant 12, after re-reading the Arcana series, and the first half-dozen Image issues, plus a later issue (#8), in preparation for the new #12. I really liked the Arcana series, enough to pick up the first Image series as it came out, but found it disappointing in that it was no longer the story of a little girl's life, and had become more a standard, if unusual superhero story, and then, more and more standard. And that's how I feel about the new issue. (And yes, Cliffhanger2, Ant should've been much thicker-- she looks kind of anorexic to me (although, admittedly, somewhat more ant-like)). I feel as though her personality has been lost, and while I read, and understand Larson's essay at the end, I still would prefer little Hannah and her dreams to the new approach.
    Yeah I know his style leans more towards the thinner girls. But even in previous issues where she teamed up with Dragon she was drawn thicker than what's in issue 12. At he end I was like "Is that Ant in those jeans?Whaaaa???"LOL. Maybe it's the strain of drawing 2 books at once. But interested to see where this all goes with new villains and such.

  10. #280
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    4,094

    Default

    the Invincible series success makes me dream of a Savage Dragon animated series in the same vein.

  11. #281
    Amazing Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Ant looks good, I haven't checked it out yet. Did buy it on comixology (love the backup download option! Wish everybody did that). I usually bank two or three issues before reading comics.

    I'm actually 6 issues behind on SD right now, but I'm catching up! I loved 253, lot of fun. Walter is so cool. And the Savage Fincast rules.

  12. #282
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,937

    Default

    Ha it'd be cool if Frank Cho could draw an issue of Ant.

  13. #283
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,346

    Default

    Just read North Force 0 and ask myself where the adventure continues? In its own series or SD?

    I can't believe Erik will put out NF, SD and Ant at the same time. I mean he would write and draw all three, right?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •