Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Savage Dragon.

The Savage Dragon makes a cameo appearance in Crossover #6

Anyone else read the latest Savage Dragon/North Force? I don't really see why these were released as two separate issues outside of the backup material.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

pumped for the upcoming Mako appearance in 263.

Extraordinary Member

Got the new Ant 12. Do think Ant needs to be a little thicker.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Got the new Ant 12. Do think Ant needs to be a little thicker.
    I also read Ant. Went in pretty much blind. (I read the first trade ages ago, but remember none of it.) Very excited for the next series but I wonder if Erik is going to write AND draw two series at once or if he's gonna farm out the art duties. At least Ant is solidly in the broader Highbrow/Image universe.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    I also read Ant. Went in pretty much blind. (I read the first trade ages ago, but remember none of it.) Very excited for the next series but I wonder if Erik is going to write AND draw two series at once or if he's gonna farm out the art duties. At least Ant is solidly in the broader Highbrow/Image universe.
    Yeah it'd be good if he could find a dependable artist or writer but I guess that's hard these days. It's gotta be hard pulling double duty with art and writing on 2 series.
    Read the new Dragon too. Everyone on NF powers are clear except Blue Jay. Does she just fly around and look good?lol. If Malcolm has a type I could see him slipping into her dms. That's if she makes it back from Tootsie's ill concieved mission. i don't think NF thought that out too well lol.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    I quite enjoyed Ant even though I wasn't even remotely familiar with her book and only knew of the character via her previous guest-appearances. I'm very much looking forward to vol. 2 now though and it will be interesting to see if Larsen will be able to write and draw 2 books at the same time or if he's going to find another artist for Ant down the line.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I read Ant 12, after re-reading the Arcana series, and the first half-dozen Image issues, plus a later issue (#8), in preparation for the new #12. I really liked the Arcana series, enough to pick up the first Image series as it came out, but found it disappointing in that it was no longer the story of a little girl's life, and had become more a standard, if unusual superhero story, and then, more and more standard. And that's how I feel about the new issue. (And yes, Cliffhanger2, Ant should've been much thicker-- she looks kind of anorexic to me (although, admittedly, somewhat more ant-like)). I feel as though her personality has been lost, and while I read, and understand Larson's essay at the end, I still would prefer little Hannah and her dreams to the new approach.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    I read Ant 12, after re-reading the Arcana series, and the first half-dozen Image issues, plus a later issue (#8), in preparation for the new #12. I really liked the Arcana series, enough to pick up the first Image series as it came out, but found it disappointing in that it was no longer the story of a little girl's life, and had become more a standard, if unusual superhero story, and then, more and more standard. And that's how I feel about the new issue. (And yes, Cliffhanger2, Ant should've been much thicker-- she looks kind of anorexic to me (although, admittedly, somewhat more ant-like)). I feel as though her personality has been lost, and while I read, and understand Larson's essay at the end, I still would prefer little Hannah and her dreams to the new approach.
    Yeah I know his style leans more towards the thinner girls. But even in previous issues where she teamed up with Dragon she was drawn thicker than what's in issue 12. At he end I was like "Is that Ant in those jeans?Whaaaa???"LOL. Maybe it's the strain of drawing 2 books at once. But interested to see where this all goes with new villains and such.

the Invincible series success makes me dream of a Savage Dragon animated series in the same vein.

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

Ant looks good, I haven't checked it out yet. Did buy it on comixology (love the backup download option! Wish everybody did that). I usually bank two or three issues before reading comics.

I'm actually 6 issues behind on SD right now, but I'm catching up! I loved 253, lot of fun. Walter is so cool. And the Savage Fincast rules.

Extraordinary Member

Ha it'd be cool if Frank Cho could draw an issue of Ant.

Astonishing Member

Just read North Force 0 and ask myself where the adventure continues? In its own series or SD?

I can't believe Erik will put out NF, SD and Ant at the same time. I mean he would write and draw all three, right?

Mighty Member

I got 259 of Savage Dragon. Did any new Savage Dragon come out.It feels like a long time since 259

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Just read North Force 0 and ask myself where the adventure continues? In its own series or SD?

I can't believe Erik will put out NF, SD and Ant at the same time. I mean he would write and draw all three, right?
    North Force continues in Savage Dragon, that was an alternate titled version of that month's Savage Dragon 259 for fun. With added profiles for the characters I hear, I just have the Savage Dragon version (with the similar cover art).

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    I got 259 of Savage Dragon. Did any new Savage Dragon come out.It feels like a long time since 259
    Looks like it may come out August 11th, at least that's a date on comixology. Not out quite yet, I also have mine pre-ordered at TFAW and it's not there yet. There will be Dragon though, oh yes!
    Last edited by SavageJudgeDredd; 07-29-2021 at 04:11 PM.