Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Savage Dragon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    This is the third dart sister of the original
    Ohhhh okay.

It feels like many of the posts were deleted.

Amazing Member

I was re-reading the Megaton Man crossover last night and noticed that they misspelled Larsen's name twice in the editorial in the back. That's gotta be a little frustrating when your own book gets the name wrong, but sort of fitting since the same page was discussing the confusion between Megaton and Megaton Man.

Amazing Member

Does anyone know if there's a newsstand for SD 1 ongoing? Haven't seen one on eBay and it doesn't appear as a variant on Covrprice (which doesn't always mean much). It would seem odd to have skipped that issue, so I thought that maybe the UPC is on the back or something.

I love that Savage Dragon is getting the HC treatment - and obviously they will take time to release. It seems like we're sitting at 2 volumes per year. Perfectly reasonable - if even excessive.
    So say Savage Dragon gets to issue 300 in the next couple years - with the HC volumes being 12 issues a piece, thats 25 Hardcover volumes.
    Do the math - the run wont be fully released until 12+ years from now (and itll be worth the wait!).

Really puts collecting into perspective, eh?

On a similar note, I waited and collected the full 300 issue Vertigo Hellblazer 26 volume TPB run. That took over eleven years to fully release.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Astonishing Member

Is Erik Larsens Ant still coming out? Or is it just making room for SD. I mean, Erik is on two books...

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    I love that Savage Dragon is getting the HC treatment - and obviously they will take time to release. It seems like we're sitting at 2 volumes per year. Perfectly reasonable - if even excessive.
    So say Savage Dragon gets to issue 300 in the next couple years - with the HC volumes being 12 issues a piece, thats 25 Hardcover volumes.
    Do the math - the run wont be fully released until 12+ years from now (and itll be worth the wait!).

On a similar note, I waited and collected the full 300 issue Vertigo Hellblazer 26 volume TPB run. That took over eleven years to fully release.

Nothing like the originals. No waiting.

Amazing Member

Cool cover.
    s-l960.jpg

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

That is cool! Wallpaper worthy. I'm getting pumped! Go Malcolm go!

Astonishing Member

I am currently re-reading SD from the beginning, including every mini series and satellite titles like Freak Force, Deadly Duo, Vanguard and so on. I collected them all years ago and have a complete collection.

How can it be that SD 1-46 (is where I am right now) is a better read then most stuff published today? All these subplots, energetic action, fun characters and having the feeling that everything is possible. Everyone can die, there is a sense of drama that I miss on other books sometimes.

Freak Force vol. 1 was a damn great series, better than Avengers from its time or other team books.

And the characters alone: Horridous is one of my faves, what a fun character. Zeek, Mighty Man, Powerhouse, Dart, whooo

Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    How can it be that SD 1-46 (is where I am right now) is a better read then most stuff published today? All these subplots, energetic action, fun characters and having the feeling that everything is possible. Everyone can die, there is a sense of drama that I miss on other books sometimes.
    That's the problem with reading one of the best comics ever. Nothing else is quite like it.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageJudgeDredd View Post
    Very cool!

That's the problem with reading one of the best comics ever. Nothing else is quite like it.
    Indeed. Couldn't agree more!

Legendary, classic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I am currently re-reading SD from the beginning, including every mini series and satellite titles like Freak Force, Deadly Duo, Vanguard and so on. I collected them all years ago and have a complete collection.

Freak Force vol. 1 was a damn great series, better than Avengers from its time or other team books.

And the characters alone: Horridous is one of my faves, what a fun character. Zeek, Mighty Man, Powerhouse, Dart, whooo

Yes, this is why I have always come back to this title even though there were some periods that didn't appeal to me.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post

SD Ultimate Collection volume 2 has been canceled.
    Perhaps it is going to be resolicited?
    Were sales not meeting expectations for volume 1, cause its still available(not sure how much that matters lots of books are like this).
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime