Default Skybound's Frankenstein

https://www.ign.com/articles/univers...source=twitter

Skybound may be traditionally known for focusing on creator-owned comics, but they're quickly developing a reputation for releasing some of the most interesting licensed comics around. Just look at their new Transformers/G.I. Joe shared universe. Skybound's list of licenses also includes the classic Universal Monsters. Now they're tackling one of the most iconic movie monsters of all time.

IGN can exclusively reveal the cover art and early details for Universal Monsters: Frankenstein, the followup to the recent Universal Monsters: Dracula and Universal Monsters: Creature From the Black Lagoon series. This new four-issue limited series will be written and drawn by The Silver Coin creator Michael Walsh. Check out the cover to issue #1 below:

As with the Dracula and Creature From the Black Lagoon comics, the goal isn't to simply adapt the classic 1931 Frankenstein movie, but to deliver an updated take on an old favorite. In this version, Dr. Henry Frankenstein robs a police officer's grave to find body parts for his new creation, only to discover that the officer's son is still yearning for his dead father. How does this discovery impact both creature and creator?

“The story of Dr. Frankenstein and his poor, misunderstood monster is one of the most recognizable and influential horror tales ever told… It’s also one of my favorites,” said Walsh in a press release. “The original 1931 film from Universal Pictures is a continuing inspiration for my art and storytelling, so, as you can imagine, I was honored to be able to play in that sandbox. Trying to tell an original story while staying true to the canon of that film was an exciting yet daunting prospect. It’s been some of the most fun I’ve had making comic books, and I know that fans of Frankenstein and horror will have a blast experiencing these characters and iconic scenes like never before.”

"Michael Walsh’s take on Frankenstein feels like a comic book classic in the making,” said Alex Antone, Editorial Director at Skybound. “While each issue stands alone as its own vignette, in a way that only he can, Michael has brilliantly sewn together a brand-new perspective which both lovingly adapts the Universal Pictures film and breathes new life into one of the most important horror stories of all-time.”

Universal Monsters: Frankenstein #1 will be released on August 28, 2024

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Hopefully it's actually something fresh and interesting, the Dracula book was incredibly pedestrian which was sad because the art was fantastic.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!