Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Savage Dragon.

Mighty Member

Dang hope lareson continues this I seen him on Twitter hope he reaches 300 and beyond at least

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Dang hope lareson continues this I seen him on Twitter hope he reaches 300 and beyond at least
    Agreed. Would love to see Larsen reach Dave Sim

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    I didn't hear anything about him stopping the book. it's understandable for a creator to want a break after doing the same book for 30 years.

Extraordinary Member

He's in the new issue of Ant. But the new ant seems to be lacking some coherency. Maybe it's on purpose or maybe it's just the time in between each issue. But There seems to be a lot of re-hashing of the past series. Even to the point of recreating Gully's panels. Kinda thought Ant was moving on. Not sure what's supposed to be real or imagined. Still liking the series but yeah some things need some clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    He's in the new issue of Ant. But the new ant seems to be lacking some coherency. Maybe it's on purpose or maybe it's just the time in between each issue. But There seems to be a lot of re-hashing of the past series. Even to the point of recreating Gully's panels. Kinda thought Ant was moving on. Not sure what's supposed to be real or imagined. Still liking the series but yeah some things need some clarification.
    But on the other hand, what a body on her...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    But on the other hand, what a body on her...
    LOL. Yeah he's def handling his business in that aspect.

i scored a shitload of dragon comics for 50cents a piece last weekend at StocktonCon(california). from as early as the 30's to as late as 257

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i scored a shitload of dragon comics for 50cents a piece last weekend at StocktonCon(california). from as early as the 30's to as late as 257
    Well done ! I have the complete run but had to pay around 15 each for the 2 issues that came in the early pandemic months of 2020.

Mighty Member

What is going on with Savage Dragon?

Astonishing Member

Larsen is out of Twitter

For myself, I finally created an account shortly before Musk said he was going to buy it so it's not something I'll miss.

"Larsen, a comic book creator and artist best known for "The Amazing Spider-Man," reportedly tweeted in April that "the day Elon Musk buys Twitter is the day I delete my account and leave Twitter."

Larsen's handle, @ErikJLarsen, appeared to have been deactivated Monday.

In an email, Larsen confirmed he is finished with Twitter.

"Yeah, I left. I said I would leave if Musk bought Twitter. Musk bought Twitter," he said. "So, I had no choice. The move only emboldened those most toxic users. The racists, 'patriots' and creeps are back in full force."

"I have no regrets," he added."

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    What is going on with Savage Dragon?
    Life occasionally gets in the way. There's not much I can do about that. I'm working on it.

I just read my first Savage Dragon Issues. Numbers 1-3 from the I think 1992 Mini/Run? Not sure what to call it.

I really enjoyed it. The 3 issues just blew by and I am looking forward to getting into my friends massive stack.

I also want to ask does that group that shows up there The Young Bloods have their own series? The fight with Bedrock was a lot of fun to read. And I think I saw Spawn in a trench coat do a cameo?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Larsen View Post
    Life occasionally gets in the way. There's not much I can do about that. I'm working on it.
    Mr Larsen,

I hope everything is alright. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I just read my first Savage Dragon Issues. Numbers 1-3 from the I think 1992 Mini/Run? Not sure what to call it.

I really enjoyed it. The 3 issues just blew by and I am looking forward to getting into my friends massive stack.

I also want to ask does that group that shows up there The Young Bloods have their own series? The fight with Bedrock was a lot of fun to read. And I think I saw Spawn in a trench coat do a cameo?
    It was an exciting time in the Image universe for those books you've read. Youngblood had a 10 issue series and had a companion book , Team Youngblood, that lasted into its 20's. Spawn and other Image characters wandered in and out of books because, although all the books were creator owned, they wanted a shared universe. Larsen was really good about lending Savage Dragon out to other books too.

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    It was an exciting time in the Image universe for those books you've read. Youngblood had a 10 issue series and had a companion book , Team Youngblood, that lasted into its 20's. Spawn and other Image characters wandered in and out of books because, although all the books were creator owned, they wanted a shared universe. Larsen was really good about lending Savage Dragon out to other books too.
    Thanks for the answer. I am going to raid his comics to see if he has the Youngblood issues. I know he has a ton of Spawn issues including number 1 that I am going to crack into next.

I had never read any superhero books that were not Marvel or DC and he has been telling me I had been missing out. he has been on me awhile to read some and so I thought I would start with Savage Dragon as I liked his design.

I am not regretting it. It is a real thrill to jump into these for the first time. I am looking forward to getting more into The Image World.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.