Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Savage Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    If I were him, I would pay an artist for Ant and just write and plot the book. So I could concentrate on SD.

But Its a risk, no one knows if Ant makes enough money to pay an artist. Maybe with issue 6 or later on you could possibly say.

Does anyone know how many issues number 1 sold? I cannot find it at comichron.
    Also, I would buy a book that Larsen draws but an unknown artist ? I don't think so.

Man, trying to complete this run is going to be impossible. Virtually all issues between 100 and 250 are going for $10 a pop online, and that's when they even show up at all.

Luckily dollar bins and back issues in various shops near me have borne considerable fruit, so I'm about halfway there, but good lord.

I'm hopeful that both SD and Ant can get on track to release monthly, but I'm not holding my breath. Both have been hit by huge delays.

Extraordinary Member

Ant 2 was a fun romp. Liking the direction this book is going in. Props on the art chores being consistent with 2 books can't be easy. The new style on Ant pops.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 02-16-2022 at 11:43 PM.

Incredible Member

I went back and re-read the original ANT mini and Mario’s first 11 issues again. I bought the new issue 12, 1 and 2, but I felt the need to go back and re-read it again from the beginning to get the full experience and appreciation of the new series. It had honestly been YEARS since I read the original issues 1-11.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Blanks-- and so what was your feeling reading the new Ant issues?
    I, too, haven't read the first series in years, but my memory of it made the new series seem jarring, enough to turn me against it. I did get the new #2 but it wasn't what I'd liked before. Getting stuffy and old-fashioned, I am, I guess.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    Also, I would buy a book that Larsen draws but an unknown artist ? I don't think so.
    What about a guest artist like Mario Gully?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Blanks-- and so what was your feeling reading the new Ant issues?
    I, too, haven't read the first series in years, but my memory of it made the new series seem jarring, enough to turn me against it. I did get the new #2 but it wasn't what I'd liked before. Getting stuffy and old-fashioned, I am, I guess.
    Honestly, I’m liking the new direction. I guess since it’s been so many years and I became disinterested in the original series and forgetting about it. I’m digging that we finally got some answers regarding Hannah’s dad; that mystery semi solved for now. Still to early to judge the new run, but I’m here for the haul.

Mighty Member

What is going on with Savage dragon is it canceld

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    No, Erik is handling two books right now, so that takes it time. And I read something about a writers blockade (or how that is called) he is having.

He posted on twitter that he pushing the next new release to June so that he can get a few issues in the can and it will have a regular release schedule once June rolls around. He was upset about the irregular release schedule so he decided to delay the next release and get caught up.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    He posted on twitter that he pushing the next new release to June so that he can get a few issues in the can and it will have a regular release schedule once June rolls around. He was upset about the irregular release schedule so he decided to delay the next release and get caught up.
    JUNE? Which one was the last issue hitting the stands? The last one I got was 260...So 261 is scheduled to June?

Mighty Member

261 is out 262 is not

Astonishing Member

261 is out 262 is not
    Ok, thanks.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/i...90s_bookbundle

Savage Dragon is included in the new Image Comics' Humble Bundle! And not the B&W archives for a change.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Savage Dragon #262 was like returning home. The book is still one of a kind and still feels fresh after all these years.
    Also one of the best Savage Dragon issues in a long while. Absolutely loved it. Gotta love all those wacky Vicious Circle badguys and the shocking covid/dragon blood scenes. Thats the kind of out of nowhere crazy SD is known for.

By the sounds of the letters page Larsen's recent writer's block was giving him some thoughts to hanging it up(!!!). But he mentioned he never stopped working - day after day drawing and redrawing - writing and rewriting. It was pretty sad to read that. Needing a break is completely understandable - writing and drawing a book for 30(!) years. I really hope he sticks with it. The dude was born to write and draw comics - and I always felt he would do it until hes no longer able to pick up a pencil. Hang in there Erik!
    Last edited by Destro777; 07-11-2022 at 07:24 AM.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm