Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Savage Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I just read my first Savage Dragon Issues. Numbers 1-3 from the I think 1992 Mini/Run? Not sure what to call it.

I really enjoyed it. The 3 issues just blew by and I am looking forward to getting into my friends massive stack.

I also want to ask does that group that shows up there The Young Bloods have their own series? The fight with Bedrock was a lot of fun to read. And I think I saw Spawn in a trench coat do a cameo?
    Youngblood HAD its own series, which lasted for a few years. That was indeed Spawn guest appearing. He has appeared several times since.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Larsen View Post
    Youngblood HAD its own series, which lasted for a few years. That was indeed Spawn guest appearing. He has appeared several times since.
    Thank you for the answer.

I want to say I am relly enjoying your comics. I have never read non Marvel Non DC Superhero comics before Other then Ninja Turtles. And I am really enjoying these.

I do have a Question. I read the first 3 where Savage Dragon Joins the police force. Then the next series I was reading they talked about his Girlfriend being killed. Did I miss some issues in between?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    It was an exciting time in the Image universe for those books you've read. Youngblood had a 10 issue series and had a companion book , Team Youngblood, that lasted into its 20's. Spawn and other Image characters wandered in and out of books because, although all the books were creator owned, they wanted a shared universe. Larsen was really good about lending Savage Dragon out to other books too.
    For what it's worth, still loved it when Mr. Erik emulated Mr. Todd's stylistic-tendencies (LOL):

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

Excellent stuff for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Thank you for the answer.

I want to say I am relly enjoying your comics. I have never read non Marvel Non DC Superhero comics before Other then Ninja Turtles. And I am really enjoying these.

I do have a Question. I read the first 3 where Savage Dragon Joins the police force. Then the next series I was reading they talked about his Girlfriend being killed. Did I miss some issues in between?
    Yep, just one little story where that Debbie thing takes place. It was originally in this Image #0 comic thing. It has since been included in the vol 1 trade paperback and the The Dragon extended version of the mini-series. But that 3 issue version was my first read too, all great stuff.

https://wiki.savagedragon.com/comics/image_zero/

Quote Originally Posted by SavageJudgeDredd View Post
    Excellent stuff for sure!

Yep, just one little story where that Debbie thing takes place. It was originally in this Image #0 comic thing. It has since been included in the vol 1 trade paperback and the The Dragon extended version of the mini-series. But that 3 issue version was my first read too, all great stuff.

https://wiki.savagedragon.com/comics/image_zero/
    Yeah! Still remember reading about Debbie's death in the TPB collection. Both sad & gruesome at the same time...

Last edited by K7P5V; 11-11-2022 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Mighty Member

I saw last Wednesday the Hardcover of Savage Dragon came out who got this

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

ME! Whether or not it comes before Christmas is up to UPS....

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Just received my copy over the weekend. Totally looking forward to the next volume!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Just received my copy over the weekend. Totally looking forward to the next volume!

Oh, I didn't realize this existed. Awesome. I was hoping for Compendiums (for expediency's sake among other reasons), but I'll have one of these in my next CGN order
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Oh, I didn't realize this existed. Awesome. I was hoping for Compendiums (for expediency's sake among other reasons), but I'll have one of these in my next CGN order
    im ordering it should come tomarow

Mighty Member

can we please have a update on savage dragon mr Larsen

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    I got it and I haven't read these issues in at least 15 years. I've got a trade with the initial Image mini or maybe the start of the ongoing(I forget the contents but it is half of this HC edition) somewhere that I grabbed at a Con for $5 mid-2000s. I'm looking to rediscover the character as I read the run up through the 50s back in the 1990s.

I'm sure like all projects future volumes determines current consumption(like how the Witchblade HC has stalled) but has Larsen stated if a vol.2 is being worked on for 2023?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I got it and I haven't read these issues in at least 15 years. I've got a trade with the initial Image mini or maybe the start of the ongoing(I forget the contents but it is half of this HC edition) somewhere that I grabbed at a Con for $5 mid-2000s. I'm looking to rediscover the character as I read the run up through the 50s back in the 1990s.

I'm sure like all projects future volumes determines current consumption(like how the Witchblade HC has stalled) but has Larsen stated if a vol.2 is being worked on for 2023?
    That's great! He was on the Savage Fincast (great podcast), mentioned he'd like to have maybe 2 out a year if possible, and that future ones should come together easier on his end. Or something like that.

That's cool to hear you're jumping back into Dragon, so good. I'd suggest reading the series any way you can, digital, the newer trades, maybe enjoy the old stuff and newer stuff simultaneously, as an idea. There is 30 years of it, plenty of cool stuff to check out.

I've got my Ultimate Collection, definitely really cool. I also have the trades, and I've got the single issues from 160 to present, plus all the digital releases of the issues, so that's a lotta Dragon.

Amazing Member

I picked up the Ultimate Collection, having not read these issues in 15+ years. I'm eager to get to the more interesting stories, but every tale has to start somewhere. The art really popped in the larger format.

There was a lot (felt like half the book) of "source material" like sketches, doodles, etc. That's great for a first volume, but I would rather have more issues in future volumes. I would really rather have a compendium, but I don't think that's happening any time soon.

Sounds like I'm complaining, but I am glad I bought the book and will be buying volume 2.

I walked into my Comic shop and the two workers there seemed to think that maybe S Dragon was going to stop publishing for poor sales. We can't expect Erik to produce the book on a loss every month.