Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Savage Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    I read Ant 12, after re-reading the Arcana series, and the first half-dozen Image issues, plus a later issue (#8), in preparation for the new #12. I really liked the Arcana series, enough to pick up the first Image series as it came out, but found it disappointing in that it was no longer the story of a little girl's life, and had become more a standard, if unusual superhero story, and then, more and more standard. And that's how I feel about the new issue. (And yes, Cliffhanger2, Ant should've been much thicker-- she looks kind of anorexic to me (although, admittedly, somewhat more ant-like)). I feel as though her personality has been lost, and while I read, and understand Larson's essay at the end, I still would prefer little Hannah and her dreams to the new approach.
    It stopped being "the story of a little girl's life" with the 4th issue from Arcana. It hasn't been the story of a little girl's life since 2005.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    The Savage Dragon makes a cameo appearance in Crossover #6

Looks like dragon is onboard the synthol train.

Incredible Member

Not Dragon related, but kinda? I picked up ANT issue 12 the other day. I hadn’t been to my local comic shop in about 2 months so I had a lot of stuff to catch up on and clear up my pull box (I discovered a lot of black mold between three walls in my home thanks to a water leak from the heavy rain, so my comic collecting got pushed aside the past 2-3 months…). Got two copies of ANT issue 12. I’m gonna have to pull my issues of Spawn and Savage Dragon out again and re-read her appearance in those issues.

Mighty Member

Whats going on with Savage Dragon I seems forever the Savage dragon came out 259 was the last one

All-New Member

260 came out in September.

Spectacular Member

Mr. Larson, is there any chance of working with McFarlane Toys for a new figure of Savage Dragon for the 30th Anniversary?

Just read Ant#1 on comixology, that was the most fun superhero comic I've read in awhile, cant wait for #2 to come out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Just read Ant#1 on comixology, that was the most fun superhero comic I've read in awhile, cant wait for #2 to come out.
    I hope I get my hands on it next month when its gets over the big pond. Excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Yeah, this issue was lots of fun. I had my LCS add it to my pull list.

Astonishing Member

Ant 1 was a fun issue.

What a cool character she is.

Mighty Member

Whats the states of Savege Dragon.The last book was in setenber

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Whats the states of Savege Dragon.The last book was in setenber
    Resolicited for January.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Shame about the gap in between books. It seemed Savage Dragon had some real momentum during the pandemic - lots of new people were discovering the character. My LCS was selling out of the book on day 1. I remember the LCS owner said people called the shop constantly about the recent issue with the Tiger and Dragon's daughter on the cover when it came out.

I guess Erik taking over Ant really added to the work load. Really appreciate and respect he went for a new character - but it kinda fell at a bad time because Dragon was taking off.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Shame about the gap in between books. It seemed Savage Dragon had some real momentum during the pandemic - lots of new people were discovering the character. My LCS was selling out of the book on day 1. I remember the LCS owner said people called the shop constantly about the recent issue with the Tiger and Dragon's daughter on the cover when it came out.

I guess Erik taking over Ant really added to the work load. Really appreciate and respect he went for a new character - but it kinda fell at a bad time because Dragon was taking off.
    I think I remember asking him about possibly doing an ANT comic a few years back and that was a concern of his. He's doing 2 books, and it's not easy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    I think I remember asking him about possibly doing an ANT comic a few years back and that was a concern of his. He's doing 2 books, and it's not easy.
    If I were him, I would pay an artist for Ant and just write and plot the book. So I could concentrate on SD.

But Its a risk, no one knows if Ant makes enough money to pay an artist. Maybe with issue 6 or later on you could possibly say.

Does anyone know how many issues number 1 sold? I cannot find it at comichron.