Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Savage Dragon.

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

I recall hearing something about it being resolicited I think. To do with Image switching to a new distributer possibly.

Extraordinary Member

What’s everyone’s opinion on the live to San Francisco so far?

issue 266 was the only issue of Dragon i ever read i thought was kind of boring. not horrible or anything just kind of dull. hopefully now that the move is over things will pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    What’s everyone’s opinion on the live to San Francisco so far?
    Decent issue. I respect Erik showing the negative side of San Francisco.

I'm digging it, should make for some fresh scenery and vibe. As an East Coaster it's always fun to see someplace a little different. And like they say about TV shows like Magnum PI and Burn Notice etc, it is kind of nice to see a warm climate place during a cold month where you live.

Great that Walter is coming along, and Jeremiah is pretty epic so far. I do hope we see that Greta Gearbox return one way or another soon, and all the new characters we'll meet.

Here's hoping everyone had a safe & pain-free Halloween!

Mighty Member

CGN put the second Ultimate Collection back up for December 26!
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    CGN put the second Ultimate Collection back up for December 26!
    Great news! Boxing Day sale would be nice!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

No Savage Dragon in March 2024 solicitations. Anyone heard anything?

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Image is showing issue #269 is out on the 13th...

https://imagecomics.com/comics/relea...age-dragon-269

Larsen had some very interesting comments in his afterword of the new Savage Dragon Ultimate HC Vol 2.
    Basically saying fans are always asking if he has an ending planned for Savage Dragon - either one stored away or one he is leading to. He basically says no - and that he writes every single issue like its the last one - trying to swing for the fences in each one. In hindsight it really does make sense - the book has never held anything back. And each issue probably could be looked at like a final issue.

He ends it by saying - I hope you're happy with that.
    I mean the guy wrote and drew the book for 30+ years now - gave us endless hours of entertainment and created what is probably the best pure comic book ever to hit the stands.
    Reading that afterword made it sound like hes hanging it up soon - well deserved, well earned - but then I see a new 100 page monster, Savage Dragon issue #267 is due out next week!
    Thanks Erik.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

That is cool, and for sure I love the freewheeling and organic feel of how this book plays out. That said, I don't want it to end any time soon! And we've still gotta get past that issue 300 milestone.

Mighty Member

Once again, my Ultimate Collection arrived and I read through the whole thing in a day. It's such a fun book. I really hope these are selling well enough that (a) they keep coming out and (b) the cadence of releases can be slightly increased (one every 6 months would be nice).
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Larsen had some very interesting comments in his afterword of the new Savage Dragon Ultimate HC Vol 2.
    Basically saying fans are always asking if he has an ending planned for Savage Dragon - either one stored away or one he is leading to. He basically says no - and that he writes every single issue like its the last one - trying to swing for the fences in each one. In hindsight it really does make sense - the book has never held anything back. And each issue probably could be looked at like a final issue.

He ends it by saying - I hope you're happy with that.
    I mean the guy wrote and drew the book for 30+ years now - gave us endless hours of entertainment and created what is probably the best pure comic book ever to hit the stands.
    Reading that afterword made it sound like hes hanging it up soon - well deserved, well earned - but then I see a new 100 page monster, Savage Dragon issue #267 is due out next week!
    Thanks Erik.
    He will not end SD before issue 300. I mean, I don't know that but I can't imagine. Even after that I would say he will continue, if its financially sustainable.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Once again, my Ultimate Collection arrived and I read through the whole thing in a day. It's such a fun book. I really hope these are selling well enough that (a) they keep coming out and (b) the cadence of releases can be slightly increased (one every 6 months would be nice).
    Do we know of any news surrounding a Volume 3 yet by chance?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime