Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Savage Dragon.

I'll poke my head in here and express that, putting all aspects of the sexual stuff aside for a moment, I've really been enjoying SD for the last year or so. The Merging of Multiple Earths arc has been a lot of fun and a great throwback to the SOS era. Plus its a big help in getting my head around the multiple timeline continuity now that everything happened.
    Last edited by Dark-Flux; 02-16-2018 at 06:03 AM.

Still winning!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I'll poke my head in here and express that, putting all aspects of the sexual stuff aside for a moment, I've really been enjoying SD for the last year or so. The Merging of Multiple Earths arc has been a lot of fun and a great through-back to the SOS era. Plus its a bit help in getting my head around the multiple timeline continuity now that everything happened.
    Who are you talking to?

Quote Originally Posted by JFP View Post
    Who are you talking to?
    Wasnt a reply. Just declaring my thoughts on the current state of the book. Jeez.

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

Lol. This shows how dominated by the sex talk this thread is.

Astonishing Member

How many superhero books with sex in it do we have? And how many without sex do we have?

99% percent are sexless. So, yay for SD to be different.

I decided to start to buy SD again. Lets see what happens.

Still winning!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Wasnt a reply. Just declaring my thoughts on the current state of the book. Jeez.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Blade View Post
    I was genuinely confused about what he was talking about. I read stuff about multiple Earths and I thought, "We were talking about sex, where the hell did this astronomy stuff come from?"

I seriously didn't know where he was coming from. Musta been the V.O. confusing me (vodka/orange juice for you non-drinkers)
    Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    I decided to start to buy SD again. Lets see what happens.
    Hahaha!

Magoo told you to check out the sex scene. You checked it out. And you thought, "Well, maybe I was too haste when I decided to drop the title. Perhaps I should give it another shot."

Come on, bro, be honest. The scene made you wanna pick up the book again, rather than turning you off.

I was genuinely confused about what he was talking about. I read stuff about multiple Earths and I thought, "We were talking about sex, where the hell did this astronomy stuff come from?"

I seriously didn't know where he was coming from. Musta been the V.O. confusing me (vodka/orange juice for you non-drinkers)

Hahaha!

Magoo told you to check out the sex scene. You checked it out. And you thought, "Well, maybe I was too haste when I decided to drop the title. Perhaps I should give it another shot."

Come on, bro, be honest. The scene made you wanna pick up the book again, rather than turning you off.

Ha! No, I haven't tracked down that issue yet. I was watching some videos about Image and Larsen and I decided to see if he's toned down the Trump hate. I do enjoy his book otherwise.

Its literally what the plot of the entire last arc of the series was about...

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    How many superhero books with sex in it do we have? And how many without sex do we have?

99% percent are sexless. So, yay for SD to be different.
    Oh, that scene was sure “different” all right.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Blade View Post
    I’m pretty sure that this was Larsen’s intention; to provoke. And he did for me. Good job; I guess?

Astonishing Member

I am not sure if Erik did it to provoke. My guess is that he just does what he likes. And if i remember correctly he was talking to fans (Facebook, letters page etc.) about going all adult in his book, at least he approached the subject before.

I am not sure if Erik did it to provoke. My guess is that he just does what he likes. And if i remember correctly he was talking to fans (Facebook, letters page etc.) about going all adult in his book, at least he approached the subject before.
    I believe Erik said a one point that he enjoyed the idea of a reader turning the page and doing a spit take. He’s a smart guy; he knew what the reaction would be.

Astonishing Member

Ok, a WTF moment is always good. I like it as much as a cliffhanger. But sex scenes, if used regulary are not shock moments anymore. hmm...

Ok, a WTF moment is always good. I like it as much as a cliffhanger. But sex scenes, if used regulary are not shock moments anymore. hmm...

There have been sex scenes since the beginning , just not explicit like in the issue in question.