Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Savage Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by koonfasa View Post
    Has there been or will there be a hardcover deluxe option like the Spawn one?
    There have been some hardcover book along the way. Nothing oversized as of yet and it would be a huge, time-consuming, expensive thing to do. I'm 240+ issues in. If I included 12 issues per volume that'd be 20 volumes. That's a lot of books and a huge printing bill.

Currently MagSeven

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Just picked up my first Savage Dragon book the tpb merging of multiple earths Im been hearing thinks about it but never read one so I got this my first Frey into Savage Dragon .Next I have to pick up 228-233
    I'd suggest you go back as early as you can. At least to issue 1 of the ongoing. Everything builds and there are lots of callbacks. Definitely use the Savage Dragon Wiki if reading the whole shebang isn't possible for you for whatever reason. This is the only title I'm proud to say I own every issue of and is still the first read of the month.

Currently MagSeven

Erik, as a reader since issue 1 (waaaaay back in the...**** 5th grade) I am wondering if you have buried the hatchet with Peter David? I read your stuff before David's. I first "discovered" you when I was reading Spider-Man. But then Dragon came along and I read every inch of the book, including the letter columns. That's when I first heard of Peter David in your correspondence with him in said columns. I blindly sided with you on most things because I was biased and in hindsight, I agree with a lot of what you said, but much later on I became to know David's work with X-factor and Hulk back issues and no longer thought of him as some know-it-all malcontent. I saw how he loves the characters he is writing ( For the record, I loved how you had Ock beat Hulk. You brought quite a bit of bad-assery to Doc). But long story short, I grew to like David as a writer at a later time, after the fact and I'm wondering if you ever found common ground and squashed the beef you had in the early 90s.
    I hope you have. You both always continue to put out good stories on a consistent basis and that is a rarity these days. Please keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    Erik, as a reader since issue 1 (waaaaay back in the...**** 5th grade) I am wondering if you have buried the hatchet with Peter David?
    There was never a formal apology by either party or anything but I think both of us have moved on. When he was in a bad way recently I did donate to the cause and advise him on how he could help dig himself out. When I took on Aquaman he sent over an email warning me about the pitfalls of working with that book's editor. So there was never a moment where either of us said what we did was at all wrong but we've both just put that behind us and moved on with our lives. I don't sit here seething with rage about the guy. He's simply not a part of my life for the most part and I would imagine the same is true in his life.

Currently MagSeven

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Larsen View Post
    There was never a formal apology by either party or anything but I think both of us have moved on. When he was in a bad way recently I did donate to the cause and advise him on how he could help dig himself out. When I took on Aquaman he sent over an email warning me about the pitfalls of working with that book's editor. So there was never a moment where either of us said what we did was at all wrong but we've both just put that behind us and moved on with our lives. I don't sit here seething with rage about the guy. He's simply not a part of my life for the most part and I would imagine the same is true in his life.
    Nice. Thanks for indulging me. As soon as I hit post, I figured "this isn't really any of my fucking business", but I let the post sit. Again, thanks for the insight. Even if you aren't besties, glad to know you aren't enemies. Oh, and it's time for a new Fiend to make a comeback (Malcolm must have screwed someone over bad enough for a Devil Deal).

Extraordinary Member

Wow Savage Dragon has been pretty raunchy this year and I like it. Can't see how Malcolm and Maxine are going to survive that stripper fiasco though.lol.

Anybody know when the next SD tpb is coming out. It seems like it's getting close to a year since the last one and nothing's up for pre-order yet.
    I'm in a rural area where getting monthly comics just isn't convenient, so it works better for me to get the trades, but the wait can be hell.

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

With any luck, hopefully 2 this year. With probably another archive end of next year.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Anybody know when the next SD tpb is coming out.
    SAVAGE DRAGON: As Seen on TV TPB
    STORY/ART/COVER: ERIK LARSEN

MAY 8 / 160 PAGES / FC / M / $24.99

Malcolm and Maxine make their move to Toronto, Canada! The reality show staring Malcolm Dragon's ever-growing family debuts and impending doom is just around the corner! Featuring the maddening menace of The Seeker! The Wraith! The Alt-Reich! The Sinister Sex-Dolls! Sludge! Plus the return of Freak Force! And Battle Girl’s Dimension-X adventure pitted against Dark Rapture and her band of Bully Boys! Another wild ride from award-winning writer/artist Erik Larsen

Collects SAVAGE DRAGON #228-234

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    This is the only title I'm proud to say I own every issue of and is still the first read of the month.
    I'd like to proudly say this too, but sadly I'm still missing issue #230 (everything else I own). There seems to be a problem with sending this book to germany, cause my comics dealer keeps on trying to get it for me, but no luck so far.

Maybe it's because there is a swastika on the cover?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kantor View Post
    I'd like to proudly say this too, but sadly I'm still missing issue #230 (everything else I own). There seems to be a problem with sending this book to germany, cause my comics dealer keeps on trying to get it for me, but no luck so far.

Maybe it's because there is a swastika on the cover?
    Yes there is. You can hardly see it, but its there. I didnt get the issue as well over here in germany. My luck i was in NY after the issue hit and searched the whole city. I got two copies, and i dont know how many shops i visited, maybe ten or more...

Unfortunately, there isn't a huge demand for SD, that's why I have it ordered in my LCS on a monthly basis.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Just started reading Savage Dragon. On the third issue of the mini series, and then working on the first 39 issues, until I can get more floppies. I’ve been told to expect a bumpy ride.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

is there an issue of Dragon with Mako origin story??

Definitely a series I’d love to read in its entirety, but it seems rather hard to jump on and get the whole story in color without missing an issue and/or chasing down back issues.