Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Damos40 View Post
    I really hate how the producers are acting like the previous DC animated films were part of some other universe, that's the part that really gets me.
    How is that possible if they were most of times stand alone movies? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaman View Post
    In my opinion, the whole idea of creating New DCAU is not bad, But the writing of these first movies were not good as what I expected.

But I have a lot of hope on this. Because if this project succeed, maybe they could make Sinestro Corps War, Blackest Night, Night of the Owls, Death of the Famliy, Justice League Dark, Trinity War, New 52 Wonder Woman story arc, Forever Evil or even Rotworld animated film. So Yeah, Hopefully Throne of Atlantis is good though.
    what? big part of these movies doesn't even needed to be part of a new DCAU and some aren't even new 52.

it's much more acessible not use continuity in the movies. People might start to lose interest. Sales doesn't seem to be that good like Timm era, if I was warner I would pay just to put his name lol JK

throne of Atlants is slightly better than the first ARC of JL, most of it is fights, not a great plot.
    Last edited by Blacksun; 05-02-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    How is that possible if they were most of times stand alone movies? lol
    Ask the producers.

Heh!

Astonishing Member

I really hate how the producers are acting like the previous DC animated films were part of some other universe, that's the part that really gets me.
    They're not, the whole initiative is to start making their films as part of a universe.

I especially hate how the DC animated films are now limited to being adaptions of New 52 stories and not classic stories from the past.
    Son of Batman was a New 52 adaptation?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    They're not, the whole initiative is to start making their films as part of a universe.

Son of Batman was a New 52 adaptation?
    Yes, there were a few interviews where some of the producers basically said "it's a new DC animated universe", and they way they said it made it sound like they were implying that the previous films were somehow meant to be connected.

Okay, Batman and Son is not an adaption of a new 52. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if their upcoming slate consisted of mainly New 52 adaption (Throne of Atlantis is being made into a movie).

I'm also not much of a fan of trying to make the animated movies connected, myself. Since it can limit the kinds of adaptions they can do.

Astonishing Member

I'm really not seeing how that is implied. There's no reference to an old universe.

BANNED

Ask the producers.

Heh!
    lol the same producers said that WW didn't sold well (lies). they also did awful characterization for JL WAR. I don't even know their justification for different universes haha

BANNED

I liked Flashpoint ( even with the crazy WWE character models) and JL:War ( Wonder Woman seemed...off ,and no Aquaman wtf?). Throne of Atlantis should be good too. Hopefully Son of Batman is better than what I've heard.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I'm really not seeing how that is implied. There's no reference to an old universe.
    It was in an interview or two I read, where they acted like the previous animated films were somehow meant to be a universe of sorts.

Just irked me the wrong way reading it.
    Last edited by Damos40; 05-02-2014 at 01:25 PM.

BANNED

Son of Batman is a New 52 adaptation, damian story was absorbed into new 52.

The majority of the new DC animation is total crap. The only good work that was put recently was JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time, which had the fun and energy of the old DCU that I loved. I'm probably the last guy who would advocate the Timm-verse as the best interpretation of anything, but I would be lying if I didn't admit to missing BM:TAS at times.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

I definitely feel that they aren't as high quality as many of the previous animated films but I am totally stoked that they are building a universe.

BANNED

It was in an interview or two I read, where they acted like the previous animated films were somehow meant to be a universe of sorts.

Just irked me the wrong way reading it.
    What I took from the interviews was that there was no continuity before, but that now they are going to try to start having it.

Astonishing Member

The DC animated movies never had a great track record even before the New 52 stuff. Occasionally you got gems like Under the Red Hood, but they're few and far between. The last good one was probably DKR.

And the animation is leagues below what you see in Japan.
    Last edited by Kid A; 05-02-2014 at 01:54 PM.

I recall Bruce Timm telling a story of how he read how some guy in a forum claimed to have seen a leaked pilot of Justice League. Basically, the entire premise of the supposed script could be summarized as "...and they're all fighting each other!" and Timm said that this was not how he would handle the Justice League. And then we got Justice League: War.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lemon Head View Post
    I recall Bruce Timm telling a story of how he read how some guy in a forum claimed to have seen a leaked pilot of Justice League. Basically, the entire premise of the supposed script could be summarized as "...and they're all fighting each other!" and Timm said that this was not how he would handle the Justice League. And then we got Justice League: War.
    I'm pretty sure that just about anything where the heroes meet for the first time is going to have the heroes fighting each other for part of it.