View Poll Results: Should Jean Grey be Phoenix?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, she should

38 52.78%
  • No, she shouldn't

12 16.67%
  • She should just use Phoenix as a codename, without having the Phoenix force

22 30.56%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Options A or C. I dont care about the force, but that imagery and name is best with Jean.

Anyone else it just feels cheap on.

You should have limited it to just 2 options (Phoenix force or not). The name is irrelevant and I don't think this will accurately give you an idea of whether or not people want Jean as Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerX View Post
    You should have limited it to just 2 options (Phoenix force or not). The name is irrelevant and I don't think this will accurately give you an idea of whether or not people want Jean as Phoenix
    Yeah, seems like a lot of people who would vote yes or no decided to go with it instead... I just thought it would be better to have it cause I knew some people would say that, as I've seen on her thread...

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

I also like options A or C.

I would argue that the Phoenix is such an important part of Jean's history that there will always be editors and writers that will bring the Phoenix back to Jean. Thus, it is removing the Phoenix from her that causes the jarring back and forth. Since it will inevitably be returned to her, just let her keep it.

The power can be restrained or limited in some way or it can simply be Jean's iconic imagery and the expression of her psychic powers.

There are plenty of new stories they could tell with Jean as Phoenix. Heck, the stories they have done with the Cuckoos, Hope, Quentin, Thane, etc etc could have been new Phoenix stories for Jean.

It doesn't have to be a Dark Phoenix retread. That is a choice that the creators make. She doesn't have to die, go insane, or become fragmented.

I also assumed that Teen Jean would be Marvel Girl and Adult Jean would be Phoenix.

She should: The Phoenix is too much a part of the character. But I won't mind if she isn't.

Use Phoenix as her code name, leave the cosmic fire bird in space.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Yes and no.

She is Phoenix, and she is Jean Grey.

This was the difference with Jean and other Pheonix useres. When you read old Jean Grey stories, with or without the phoenix force... she is always the same girl, with the same personality. She was never defined by the phoenix force. Quite the contrary, it was Jean who made interesting the phoenix force. For the most of the jean´s stories, the phoenix was just fuel, not the important part of her. Phoneix didn´t change her in 95% of the stories.

I would be dissappointed if the stories we get with Jean ress are the same stories regarding phoenix and her dark nature. What i expect from her ress is something different, something special about her and phoenix and their relationship... for them to be redifiened.

For eff's sake, let the Phoenix die and develop Jean Grey as a character without it!!!

I think she's going to stay it; by this point, the Phoenix has become the the main thing that the character is about.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

In a word, YES. Jean should have (and keep) the Phoenix Force upon her return.

I don't buy the "she'll be too overpowered argument." After all, the Justice League has Superman, and people don't complain about that team being too overpowered. Good writers can make things challenging for even the most powerful characters.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

BANNED

No god pls no. It is so boring. Phoenix is worn-out topic.

Just give her powers the Phoenix look but leave out the cosmic shenanigans.

I’m torn. I prefer her without the force but considering how it’s been thrown around to everyone, I want her to reclaim it as her own

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm fine with bringing in the Force only sporadically but I'd love for Jean to start going by "Phoenix" again regularly. I hate it when characters suddenly drop their codenames for no reason when everyone else has one. I'm looking at you Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Jamie Madrox and Donna Troy. At least Rachel got fixed recently.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I'm fine with bringing in the Force only sporadically but I'd love for Jean to start going by "Phoenix" again regularly. I hate it when characters suddenly drop their codenames for no reason when everyone else has one. I'm looking at you Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Jamie Madrox and Donna Troy. At least Rachel got fixed recently.
    I agree. Emma had a codename?