Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I still feel that Crusader's end in that Secret Invasion tie-in was one of the bigger downer endings. The guy overcomes his Skrull heritage to pretend to be someone else, gets to be a hero, and is then shot by his friends who think he's just a Skrull.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Incredible Member

Nightcrawler- during the second coming story line

Old Lace- Died when Protecting Klara

Ultimate Peter Parker- What got me the most here is when walking to the funeral this little girl tells aunt may how Peter saved her and that just crushed me.

Johnny Storm- trapped in negative zone and killed

Kid Loki- The Kind innocent young Loki being manipulated by his older self

granted pretty much all these people are alive now, the impact they had in the moment though was felt.

Did Rage die from his wounds or is he still in coma? Because his definitely would qualify. Framed for a crime, railroaded by the justice system, and beat to death in prison.

Man, Spencer's Cap run was a bloodbath.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Jack of Hearts was the first one to come to my mind....his own powers killing him in the cold depths of outer space.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-14-2017 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Jack of Hearts was the first one to come to my mind....his own powers killing him in the cold depths of outer space.
    it was retconned that the explosion in space was just him going through a second puberty; as his powers stabilized or something. he returned as an energy being (and, later, regained a physical form) in one of those Marvel Zombieverse stories. I thought that he was dead, too. Project Pegasus retrieved him.

BANNED

Cyclops died in a very anticlimactic and ridiculous manner and was posthumously condemned by all of his friends and family from his teammates to his own daughter...all for something he didn't even do.

Hank Pym died in a nadir of self-hatred by becoming his worst enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Being a teenage super hero who is not part of the Legacy Diversity Darlings means your life is worth nothing, in the Marvel Universe.

Mettle.
    He got a perfect happy end in Avengers Academy.
    Then Arcade kidnapped him and his girlfriend Hazmat, at christmas eve, and killed him in the first issue of Avengers Arena.
    By "killed him", I mean he made him explode, Dr Manhattan way.
    And later he used his skin to create a Mettle LMD in order to fool Pym and Tigra, making them believe that their proteges were safe.
    And after having slaughtered many teen super heroes, Arcade is back to being a joke villain, like nothing happened. The super heroes are not even hunting him to make him pay.

Juston Seyfert
    He spent years in limbo after Christos Gage, who was a fan of the Sentinel series, brought him back in Avengers Academy.
    As soon as Avengers Academy was cancelled, Dennis Hopeless decided to "use" him in Avengers Arena.
    His Sentinel pal got hacked, then destroyed. Juston got paralysed.
    And then one of the "players" broke his neck. He died afraid, crying, and probably shitting his pants.
    Moral of the story: Marvel writers, be careful when you bring back one of your faves from limbo. You are exposing them to this kind of sadistic ****.

Icarus.
    He died during the big young mutant slaughterfest, just after M-day
    But he wasn't just killed by Reverend Striker, oh no.
    He was fooled into betraying his friends (Striker used his faith against him) and also got his wings amputated. Only them was he killed by a bullet in the head.
    So even if he was brought back to life, he would still be guilty of helping the Purifiers kill dozen of his friends.

Wallflower
    After M-day, that idiot Wither, believeing he lost his death touche power, touched her arm. She didn't die, but her arm was basically turn into a mummy arm.
    Was it enough? Nope! She got shot in the head in front of her boyfriend.
    I don't like that "fridged" word that is used every time a female character is killed, but I must admit this was a textbook case of killing a woman to cause angst to a male character.
    Oh, and even death was not enough. Her body was later desecrated and turned into a Flesh Sentinel.
    Don't forget Reptil, like Marvel did, he had the most promis of those kid heroes and could have been an actual Avenger but no he gets killed by an explosion and his dead body just floating there in the sea. I'm now wishing Punisher would say the name of every kid who died on the event while hes putting bullets into Arcade.

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    Cyclops died in a very anticlimactic and ridiculous manner and was posthumously condemned by all of his friends and family from his teammates to his own daughter...all for something he didn't even do.

Hank Pym died in a nadir of self-hatred by becoming his worst enemy.
    Both of these are really good. Also, adding further insult to Hank Pym, Ultron is basically just wearing him as a skin suit now.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

While his actual death was a spectacle, the aftermath of Goliath's was pretty #####y. No one even bothered trying to shrink him down for a proper burial and other than his nephew he's been largely forgotten.

It seems crazy that there isn't a statue dedicated to Bill Foster at the Avengers base as a reminder of what happens when the heroes start massive conflicts with each other.
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I still feel that Crusader's end in that Secret Invasion tie-in was one of the bigger downer endings. The guy overcomes his Skrull heritage to pretend to be someone else, gets to be a hero, and is then shot by his friends who think he's just a Skrull.
    I forgot about this one. The cold manner in which it happened was a real gut punch.
    Pull List:

Incredible Member

It was pretty bad when Torpedo died. Hard to look at.

BANNED

Captain Marvel dying of cancer was pretty pathetic.

Johnny Storm's during Hickman's run. We all knew he was going to come back but it was still pretty tragic, especially the reactions of his family.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Not really an end per se because the character is still technically active, I guess, but Nick Fury Sr. being chained to the moon and forced to be the Watcher is pretty depressing when you consider not only the outside circumstances that led him there, but his storied history and influence compared to where he ended up.

Also in Secret Warriors, his own son and his team of caterpillars were basically purged fighting HYDRA. Even had to tell his dad through comm that they failed just before he was killed.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Mockingbird's death in WCA #100 was the first superhero death I ever witnessed.

Ultimate Janet van Dyne getting eaten by Blob was ***ing disgusting. Hell, every hero death in Ultimatum and Cataclysm was depressing.