Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Crisis on Earth X better than Justice League

How is it possible that the CW can make a better justice league movie than WB?

Well, the Arrowverse is more like DC's MCU then the DCEU is, so...

BANNED

I skipped the crossover (I only watch Legends and the plot of this didn't interest me), but even as someone who didn't much care for Justice League, I find it very hard to believe this crossover was better. spoilers:
    especially considering the final fate of Stein.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I skipped the crossover (I only watch Legends and the plot of this didn't interest me), but even as someone who didn't much care for Justice League, I find it very hard to believe this crossover was better. spoilers:
    especially considering the final fate of Stein.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I thought that was one of the stronger and most emotionally resonant parts of the crossover, personally, sad as it was.
    end of spoilers

I don't think I can take seriously a DCU that makes a tech girl more important than the Black Canary to cater to some ridiculous Tumblr audience. I liked Arrow before it went downhill, Flash was good, though I haven't seen these shows in a long time and I don't think I have the desire, given what I've been hearing about them recently. Gotham maybe I should check out sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I don't think I can take seriously a DCU that makes a tech girl more important than the Black Canary to cater to some ridiculous Tumblr audience. I liked Arrow before it went downhill, Flash was good, though I haven't seen these shows in a long time and I don't think I have the desire, given what I've been hearing about them recently. Gotham maybe I should check out sooner or later.
    I'd say overall they're all pretty good for what they are (Arrow too if you can stomach Felicity at this point, because it's gotten back to being pretty strong otherwise).

Retired

I've watched it twice. And yesterday all four parts in one sitting. And several individual scenes many more times than that. I've expended enough saline to fill a small pond.

But had this been projected in IMAX and had a regular run, it would have been panned by the critics and had a terrible Rotten Tomatoes score. It might be better than INHUMANS (which I've yet to see), but that's not saying much.

The appeal of Crisis is to those fans who support the CW shows. I don't think it goes beyond that. Whereas, JUSTICE LEAGUE was trying to do something different than just bring in an already established audience. JL had to reach out across the world to people who never even knew these characters existed.

But it would have been nice if, like what's been done with some DOCTOR WHO specials, the Crisis could have had a limited run in select theatres over the course of a few days. Maybe next year.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I thought that was one of the stronger and most emotionally resonant parts of the crossover, personally, sad as it was.
    end of spoilers
    I'm sure it was a brilliantly acted moment, spoilers:
    Garber is one of the Arrowverse's best actors and Drameh has only gotten better with time
    end of spoilers, but I have to agree with others that there's something really tone deaf about spoilers:
    having an old Jewish man killed by nazis
    end of spoilers. I'm not quite so outraged and offended like others, but it doesn't paint a good picture. Mostly it just feels so pointless to me.

Garber is one of the Arrowverse's best actors and Drameh has only gotten better with time
    end of spoilers, but I have to agree with others that there's something really tone deaf about spoilers:
    end of spoilers. I'm not quite so outraged and offended like others, but it doesn't paint a good picture. Mostly it just feels so pointless to me.
    spoilers:
    I don't think it's tone deaf given Stein got to go out a hero and got the heroes back to help them overwhelmingly defeat the Nazi's. But that's just me.

They were going to have to write out Professor Stein because Victor Garber is heading to Broadway. Granted, they could have had him peacefully retire (which is what I was expecting them to do), but they obviously opted to go for a more tragic end for Stein and his partnership with Jax which I think to some degree is equally as valid.

But your mileage may vary.
    end of spoilers

I've watched very little of the DC TV series. However, I was interested in watching the Earth X crossover. As someone who is familiar with the comics, but not the TV series, will I be lost?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I've watched very little of the DC TV series. However, I was interested in watching the Earth X crossover. As someone who is familiar with the comics, but not the TV series, will I be lost?
    Well...I guess if you haven't been following these characters and their relationships you might miss out on a lot of the nuances or how meaningful they are, and a lot of stuff from past adventures is referenced, though to a degree I think they do a good enough job of giving you all you need to know about the characters, who they are, their personal lives, etc.

Why can’t you like both? Also, let’s not pretend this crossover was perfect. While it was good, night one was a major struggle to get through. Up to this point the creators have done a good job of keeping the individual drama from each show spilling over into the crossover. They did a very poor job of that this time, there was way to much baggage from supergirl and arrow. Also, Felicity and Oliver are the worst wedding guests of all time! Invasion is still holding number one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Why can’t you like both? Also, let’s not pretend this crossover was perfect. While it was good, night one was a major struggle to get. Up to this point the creators have done a good job of keeping the individual drama from each show spilling over into the crossover. They did a very poor job of that this time, there was way to much baggage from supergirl and arrow. Also, Felicity and Oliver are the worst wedding guests of all time! Invasion is still holding number one for me.
    I think they actually did a much better job of integrating and showcasing the casts of each show across the entire crossover then they did in Invasion, making it feel a lot more cohesive and organic.

But that's just me .

Mighty Member

spoilers:
    Interesting. I have not seen any outrage about that, other than "I liked Stein, why'd he have to die?". It didn't strike me as tone-deaf at all. Stein died heroically trying to save his surrogate son, not as a victim. Additionally, the whole crossover was chiefly centered around a celebration of the kinds of characters and relationships that Nazism would try to eradicate. You have Barry and Iris, Oliver and Felicity, Stein and Jax, Sara and Alex, and Ray and Leo-X at the center of events (3 out of the 4 episodes included awesome passionate gay kisses. A ratio all shows should aspire to). These relationships and surrogate family bonds all run directly counter to the mind-numbingly stupid world Nazis tried to create. It was wonderfully done and inspiring to see strong cast of characters these shows have created.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Why can’t you like both? Also, let’s not pretend this crossover was perfect. While it was good, night one was a major struggle to get through. Up to this point the creators have done a good job of keeping the individual drama from each show spilling over into the crossover. They did a very poor job of that this time, there was way to much baggage from supergirl and arrow. Also, Felicity and Oliver are the worst wedding guests of all time! Invasion is still holding number one for me.
    Look at this reactor's reaction.
    Someone like her would want more supergirl stuff in the crossover since she does not watch the other shows.
    She did watch the early episodes of legends of tomorrow or first two episodes however.
    Supergirl 3x08 REACTION & REVIEW "Crisis on Earth-X, Part 1" Arrow, Flash, Legends Crossover 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3BrDcKiYzE
    Last edited by mace11; 11-30-2017 at 08:00 PM.