Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    New 52

Default Would you read a Barry Allen/Wally West bimonthly book?

So this is just a random thought I had but what if the current Flash title which has two issues released a month had alternating stories for Barry and Wally in the same way that Wonder Woman's book initially told two stories being her origin and her current day adventures. An example could be after the Flash War story line each even issue could be Barry and odd issue be Wally. I honestly think considering the current Flash book doing so well (averaging around 50,000) that they could attempt to do a second book entirely for Wally but if DC is still shy about the idea of two different Flash books then this way they could both be under the same banner.

I don't think it is a very likely option as it has as much chance of turning away readers as it does bringing in the Wally fanbase who doesn't want to read Barry but I think it would at least be an interesting experimental way of building up interest for Wally to have his own book. It would be like instead of doing back up stories, Wally could have a six issue run in the odd issues of Flash and then if they feel confident launch his own book.

So would you read a book like this?

Edited: I changed the name of the thread so people don't think it is official news anymore.
    Last edited by Akiraking; 11-14-2017 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akiraking View Post
    So this is just a random thought I had but what if the current Flash title which has two issues released a month had alternating stories for Barry and Wally in the same way that Wonder Woman's book initially told two stories being her origin and her current day adventures. An example could be after the Flash War story line each even issue could be Barry and odd issue be Wally. I honestly think considering the current Flash book doing so well (averaging around 50,000) that they could attempt to do a second book entirely for Wally but if DC is still shy about the idea of two different Flash books then this way they could both be under the same banner.

I don't think it is a very likely option as it has as much chance of turning away readers as it does bringing in the Wally fanbase who doesn't want to read Barry but I think it would at least be an interesting experimental way of building up interest for Wally to have his own book. It would be like instead of doing back up stories, Wally could have a six issue run in the odd issues of Flash and then if they feel confident launch his own book.

So would you read a book like this?
    That's what I thought would happen when Rebirth first happened but nah.

BANNED

I've thrown this idea out before so yeah, I'd definitely be down for it. (With an asterisk)

Of course, ideally I want Wally West and the Speed Force so the Flash Family has a home.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Not at jab at you OP (at all, honestly), but everybody should think their thread titles a little more trough, so we know that it's "would like this?" instead of getting out hopes up thinking it's hot news.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Not at jab at you OP (at all, honestly), but everybody should think their thread titles a little more trough, so we know that it's "would like this?" instead of getting out hopes up thinking it's hot news.
    I know. I was getting ready to pop a bottle of champagne when I read the thread title, and then I read the opening post and realized it was a fan proposal rather than news of actual DC product coming our way soon.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I know. I was getting ready to pop a bottle of champagne when I read the thread title, and then I read the opening post and realized it was a fan proposal rather than news of actual DC product coming our way soon.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Same here. :'( but maybe after Flash War.

New 52

Sorry, I don't make many threads here, I should have phrased it as a question. I'll remember next time.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

It could work but I'm afraid it could cut the stories short. Then again Flash has been a bit too decompressed at times. It's essentially the same as giving each one a monthly title though isn't it?

Sorry, I don't make many threads here, I should have phrased it as a question. I'll remember next time.
    You can still edit it!

I wouldn't mind it, and I think Williamson would be able to do it, and it could be something DC is more open to if they're resistant to giving Wally his own book.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Yeah, as soon as I saw the title thread, I thought "awesome news!!!" but then I opened the thread and thought "oh man..."

New 52

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    You can still edit it!
    Changed it, didn't know I could change the title of a thread until now.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I've thrown this idea out before so yeah, I'd definitely be down for it. (With an asterisk)

Of course, ideally I want Wally West and the Speed Force so the Flash Family has a home.
    I'd be all over that book like white on rice!
    I HATE how DC threw away everything to concentrate on Barry. It wasn't just the baby with bathwater, it was the bath, the taps and the plumbing as well!
    Max, Jay, Bart, Jesse, Jenni, John Fox, Don, Dawn the list goes on and on.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

You can? I didn't know either. Good to know.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

It's happened to me before that I change it and it still doesn't change on the front page.

MODS PLEASE thx

Spectacular Member

sure dc will do it but it will be nuWally.