Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    And why the hell does Lois Lane get credit billing over Wonder Woman?
    Because she's the key!

BANNED

^ What he said

And why the hell does Lois Lane get credit billing over Wonder Woman?

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    ^ What he said
    She's probably making more money than Gal.

From what I understand, they get these actors on the cheap, sign them for a 3 movie deal and then see what happens.

Based on the success of the Wonder Woman movie, I would be thinking she will be getting a serious pay upgrade for future Wonder Woman movies. Hopefully just for Wonder Woman because based on what I have heard and seen, we don't need a Justice League, only Superman.

Ultimate Member

Amy Adams is also a hugely respected and multi-time Oscar nominated actress, who's also been acting for far longer than Gal has in-general.

Seniority like plays into it as well.

Extraordinary Member

When Supermans girlfriend rates higher in the credits than Wonder Woman, that tells you something.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

When Supermans girlfriend rates higher in the credits than Wonder Woman, that tells you something.
    You will have to take that up with Hollywood and the hierarchy that they use when they determine the order in the credits.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Amy Adams is also a hugely respected and multi-time Oscar nominated actress, who's also been acting for far longer than Gal has in-general.

Seniority like plays into it as well.
    By tgat logic she should get ranked above Caville as well.

But of course, she isn't.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Ultimate Member

He's Superman. And given how he's done here, of course he was going to get higher billing.

Billing is not always by importance of role. Arnold got first billing for Batman & Robin, Marlon Brando got first billing for Superman and Gene Hackman got second, Jack got first billing for Batman, etc.

I think it's kind of weird, but don't take it too personally. It's not like her sequel got hijacked and she only got 43 lines of dialogue...

EDIT: Maybe Adams' agent negotiated higher billing. These things are probably determined by contracts. Don't always look for reasons to be offended.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 11-16-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    He's Superman. And given how he's done here, of course he was going to get higher billing.
    Well there's that. Once he comes on the scene the only other person who means a damn is Cyborg.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Billing is not always by importance of role. Arnold got first billing for Batman & Robin, Marlon Brando got first billing for Superman and Gene Hackman got second, Jack got first billing for Batman, etc.

I think it's kind of weird, but don't take it too personally. It's not like her sequel got hijacked and she only got 43 lines of dialogue...

EDIT: Maybe Adams' agent negotiated higher billing. These things are probably determined by contracts. Don't always look for reasons to be offended.
    True. There's more than enough in this movie without looking too hard.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'll have to see this for myself, but I'm honestly not too bothered by anything that is going on here. Despite Marston's intentions*, for the vast majority of her history Wonder Woman hasn't been as strong as Superman (or Supergirl, or Kryptonians in general). And I'm probably one of the few WW fans on here who doesn't care at all. I even slightly prefer Diana (when she's written well, which is seldom) as a character to Clark. Being weaker doesn't automatically make her not be a powerhouse, which is the weird logic that seems to exist here. I'm pretty sure she still dwarfs the rest of the League in raw strength, and they're all men. And she's a superior melee fighter and tactician. Pre-Crisis Wonder Woman had a great sowing against Nam-Ek even with her Bronze age power levels. One (1) guy is stronger than her but not as skilled at fighting (see Doomsday), and suddenly the patriarchy is at it again. It doesn't sound like she suffers any long term injuries from the brief fight, which is not something many characters can claim, and the lasso doesn't have it's powers of submission because we're all ashamed of Marston and his kinks or something, so there really is no reason for it to bind Superman.

Maybe they went a little overboard in shilling Superman, I'll have to see for myself. But after the world crapped all over him in the last movie and he was nearly murdered by Batman and Kryptonite gas, along with the general lackluster showings in the comics and apathy on the behalf of the company...cry me a river. WW was still a great movie, and to anyone who has seen this: does losing (sort of...? maybe?) to Superman automatically make her incompetent as the leader? Or give her nothing to do while Superman does literally everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    There's this strange disconnect with Superman (and too a lesser extent Batman) where he's supposed to be an inspiration to people in and out of universe but no one is ever able to match or surpass him in any regard. Or if they do they're punished for it in some way.
    Why does Superman being an inspiration necessitate anyone surpassing him? Why is there a competition when they're all heroes, saving lives in their own individual adventures?

And what in this scenario paints a picture of characters doing anything to deserve being "punished'? It's not like Clark is pissing all over her SAVING THE WORLD FROM ARES by head butting her, and I can't imagine the League in general is a well oiled machine at this point anyway.

* I find it funny that people are all about what Marston wanted when it comes to making her dead even with Superman in terms of strength, but get into any of his other stuff and it's like they're ashamed of his work.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Why does Superman being an inspiration necessitate anyone surpassing him? Why is there a competition when they're all heroes, saving lives in their own individual adventures?

And what in this scenario paints a picture of characters doing anything to deserve being "punished'? It's not like Clark is pissing all over her SAVING THE WORLD FROM ARES by head butting her, and I can't imagine the League in general is a well oiled machine at this point anyway.

* I find it funny that people are all about what Marston wanted when it comes to making her dead even with Superman in terms of strength, but get into any of his other stuff and it's like they're ashamed of his work.
    You are right - this motion picuture shows very clearly it is NOT a competition. Superman is literally a League of his own. Nobody can surpass him - unless maybe they have a cowl and a double X chromosome.

Wonder Woman the movie broke new ground in showing a woman as a powerful hero.

Justice League the movie then took the site, built a boys club house on it, and put in a side door for the ladies to use.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    There's this strange disconnect with Superman (and too a lesser extent Batman) where he's supposed to be an inspiration to people in and out of universe but no one is ever able to match or surpass him in any regard. Or if they do they're punished for it in some way.
    You are right - this motion picuture shows very clearly it is NOT a competition. Superman is literally a League of his own. Nobody can surpass him - unless maybe they have a cowl and a double X chromosome.

Wonder Woman the movie broke new ground in showing a woman as a powerful hero.

Justice League the movie then took the site, built a boys club house on it, and put in a side door for the ladies to use.
    The lady is the leader though, isn't she? Are the other boys, as individuals, far more effective than her based on sex? Because it seems like when Superman isn't fighting Steppenwolf, it's Wonder Woman. The other men can't fight him directly because they would be screwed.

Does Superman save the day all by himself? Do the rest all just vanish when he arrives on the scene?

She still saved the day in her solo, she will save the day in her next solo, and she contributed to the victories here it sounds like.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The lady is the leader though, isn't she? Are the other boys, as individuals, far more effective than her based on sex? Because it seems like when Superman isn't fighting Steppenwolf, it's Wonder Woman. The other men can't fight him directly because they would be screwed.

Does Superman save the day all by himself? Do the rest all just vanish when he arrives on the scene?

She still saved the day in her solo, she will save the day in her next solo, and she contributed to the victories here it sounds like.
    No, she isn't the leader. When was she the leader? I never saw it. Well, maybe once and it happened off camera. But no, she is not the leader. She even makes the point that Bruce is trying to push her into that role but she doesn't want it.

It's good that they throw Wonder Woman a bone and let her put up a good holding action with Steppenwolf when Superman is too busy doing other stuff.

"Is this guy still giving you trouble?" That is literally the line. It made we want to gag.

You watch Ragnarok and Avengers, you see Thor and Hulk at comparable levels. That is not the case here. Not even close.
    Last edited by brettc1; 11-16-2017 at 05:24 PM.