Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    What at enormous waste of time this was.

Kitty and Rachel being the most anti-Magneto is the biggest bullshit.
    She has the same attitude with Emma Frost.

Honestly she's like a lot of the fans. Holding onto grudges about one side of the story "Emma/Magneto did this and I'll never forgive them!"

Meanwhile Colossus offers up the balance of everything else Magneto has done that is good...it makes Kitty look bad and sad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    She has the same attitude with Emma Frost.

Honestly she's like a lot of the fans. Holding onto grudges about one side of the story "Emma/Magneto did this and I'll never forgive them!"

Meanwhile Colossus offers up the balance of everything else Magneto has done that is good...it makes Kitty look bad and sad.
    Those are two wildly different situations.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Loved this final issue to cap off the first (and hopefully not the last) crossover between X-men Blue and Gold. Any story involving Mojo can't take itself too seriously. Mojo is basically the walking embodiment of an eccentric comic relief. He's the kind of character you use to sort of take the edge off a story that gets too serious or bleak. I think this crossover arc achieved that. Mojo was unapologetically meta the whole time, poking fun at all the X-men's major moments and even making light of character deaths. In a sense, he embodies the very spirit of this message board at times.

The final conclusion in this issue brought it to a satisfying close. Love the big team reunion and Magneto's arrival at the end. It wrapped things up nicely. Sure, it wasn't the most dramatic story of all time, but it was entertaining and what more can you want from a comic these days?
    Yeah, I enjoyed this crossover and the finale made for a really strong finish. Good stuff.

I will say that I'm glad it's over just because I'm really eager to get to the next Blue arc, Cross Time Capers! Ever since we learned that Magneto had a time machine, I'm been dying for the book to get back to that.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Molina is SUCH a talent. I love and admire his line work so much. Every seam on every suit has such precision and care.
    Yep. That was 90% of my motivation to even read these past BLUE issues for this arc, the great art. Also it was kind of interesting what they did with Longshot re: Mojo

The angst over BLUE working with Magneto was ridiculously contrived and absurd, thankfully it ended quickly.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

>Absolutely beautiful art. Pity it seemed impossible to keep a single artist on the Gold issues during this x-over.
    >I have issues with the finale. I was hoping that something meta, something non-pew pew punch punch would be the way Mojo was defeated, possibly involving Longshot's pirate channel. Alas no. Mojo's devices being susceptible to an EMP somehow seems lame for a extradimensional being who uses magic to enslave an audience/empire.
    >A perverse, spineless, blob of fat running a 'news' corporation with a sinister agenda? A bit too on the nose but perfect at the same time.
    >Nice to see that, in an issue featuring Spineless Ones, Colossus grew a spine and stood up to Kitty's nonsense.
    >Why did Nightcrawler need Kitty to help him escape Ma'gog's grip? Kurt, you know, teleports for a living. And Kitty no longer cares about causing serious damage to her enemies? Selectively phasing through a living being must cause serious and permanent damage but Ma'gog and Gog are magic-based, right? They'll be fine. I wonder how Whiplash's leg is doing...
    >Teen Angel was finally partially useful.
    >Iceboi was so precious with his little bulked up body.
    >Jeen and Tyke. Bless it, just let it happen. Hell, let Jimmy be the one to tell them both to stop pussyfooting around and just be together, learn from the future and be better. If a Wolverine has to be involved in their relationship, let it be that way.
    >Danger's assault on and comments to Mojo win this issue, though.
    >I laughed when Mojo blasted Longshot's camera drone while yelling, "Don't touch that dial!"
    >With omega level psionics like Jeen and Rachel, why was there need for any physical fighting at all? And why does Jeen continue to want to punch things with her psi-enhanced fists? The two of them could easily have brushed aside and put to sleep everyone in that room. Storm and Bloodstorm could have zapped everyone with lightning. Etc.

Favourite Panels...
    Jean's head is turning all fiery, eh? Hi, subtle yet noticeable increasing Phoenix influence.
    xmb1.jpg
    Beautiful Gog transformation shot. Also... Geez, Bloodstorm! This is a conversation, among many, that should have happened in the middle of the book.
    xmb2.jpg
    Yay, Danger!!!
    xmb3.jpg
    Last edited by nx01a; 11-16-2017 at 10:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Those are two wildly different situations.
    No they're not. There have been quite a few stories where Emma & Kitty have worked together without Kitty having a chip on her shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    No they're not. There have been quite a few stories where Emma & Kitty have worked together without Kitty having a chip on her shoulder.
    Kitty is mad that Emma took her shot at being with cyke.................................. ummmm bad joke lol
    this is from the x men evolution............ moving on 'cough'

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Kitty is mad that Emma took her shot at being with cyke.................................. ummmm bad joke lol
    this is from the x men evolution............ moving on 'cough'
    I don't remember Emma was in X-Men: Evolution.

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Just a... GLORIOUS... finale!
    Fantastic! So great to see Lorna have this moment around the other X-Men!
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I don't remember Emma was in X-Men: Evolution.
    She wasn't. The show was cancelled before she could make her appearance. He might be referring to Wolverine and the X-men?

Probably, Emma had a major role there.