Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Kitty and Rachel being the most anti-Magneto is the biggest bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Kitty it entirely makes sense at least since the 1990s of when he turned his back on Xavierism he turned his back on all that was good and true in the world to her and she will likely never trust him again after that as she holds up Xavier and his dream in a way few other X-Men do so him saving her only matters so much.
    Although interestingly Kitty owes Magneto for being back on Earth and removing her from the nutrabullet she was in. Kitty holds grudges. Period.

Rachel its a bit more sketchy. She came from a world where Magneto was the hope and inspiration to mutants because the world was an utter nightmare for mutants and she missed out on Magneto building Asteroid M and going on his mutant messiah kick in the 1990s as Gold 14 talked about.

But, she has had moments the past decade where she vacillated between working with Magneto and completely distrusting him so its not against continuity. I would say the easiest mental rationalization for it is she is confused and conflicted about the Xorneto killing mom stuff. As in the past she sends a SOS message to Earth and doesn't trust that he isn't there to save her?
    I agree that Rachel has a completely different relationship with Magneto than Kitty, especially because of her relationship with 811 Magneto and that they both lived in concentration camps. Over the years Rachel has waivered in her support for him, especially when he was back to his 'villainous' ways during the X-Men reload era which she was in London for and surely heard about. And she knows that Xorneto wasn't Magneto and that it was Sublime who killed Jean, so there's no confusing that issue. I think that Rachel, like others, have given him the benefit of the doubt multiple times only to get burned in the end. For Rachel recently, while she sided with Magneto during Civil War II to help save the mutant race she was really upset about Magneto did while she was holding off the Inhumans and all of Attilan. So much so she left him right afterwards showing her distrust and displeasure. So it makes sense to me that if you recently had a terrible experience working with someone and trusting them, you would in fact not be supportive of others doing the same. Right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Random Mojo thug.
    I see, thanks for the info?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Rachel teamed up with Magneto in Civil War II. Kitty turned her back on "Xavierism" multiple times, first during the early '00s and then during Bendis' run when she joined Cyclops' team. She's always had a very personal connection with Magneto.
    Magneto talking Rachel down from killing the guy in Uncanny X-Men 196 is one of the most definitive moments of Rachel's first stint as an X-Man. Magneto goes back and forth between being good, bad or somewhere in between so fast it's hard to know what his current status is unless you're reading every book. For people just picking up an issue, maybe it's not a big deal if there's major inconsistencies with Rachel supporting Magneto then being against him, but keeping the relationships consistent is a bigger deal to me and that seemed off.

So nobody brings up how Magneto 'died'. Tone deaf.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    So nobody brings up how Magneto 'died'. Tone deaf.
    So, how did he "die" this last time? Besides, I would think that, after Secret Empire's ending - everyone knows he's alive ...

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    So, how did he "die" this last time? Besides, I would think that, after Secret Empire's ending - everyone knows he's alive ...
    Psylocke killed him. Why doesn't anyone bring her up?

Fantastic Member

a lot of wasted opportunities with the Summers family, the two Storms, Wolverines

Well, kinda not surprising. Hopefully Blue can get back to something interesting now and I can go back to ignoring Gold.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Well, kinda not surprising. Hopefully Blue can get back to something interesting now and I can go back to ignoring Gold.
    Imo it wont the cross time caper arc sounds lame lol
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Imo it wont the cross time caper arc sounds lame lol
    Getting to see Synch and Skin and Penance and Emma before she went batshit insane is boring??

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Getting to see Synch and Skin and Penance and Emma before she went batshit insane is boring??
    I'm actually really excited for this and also them interacting with X-Men 2099. But really, bring on old school Emma and Gen X!

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Not for this Gen X fan, it won't be.

i skipped this event but i will buy it in trade.

I thought the whole thing was ok and quite fun but it was the art and the splash pages that held my attention most.

Overall, it was a good ending. I quite liked the issue and the interactions between the characters. A lot of people got to have a part on the final fight. I was even glad for the Magneto drama when Colossus called Kitty on her bullshit lol. I feel like if that had happened on Gold instead, Piotr would probably just be like "True, Katya!" Lol.

And Rachel wasn't "the most anti-Magneto". She was kinda worried but she wasn't bitching around like Kitty.