Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

this was great. loved the mojo story a lot. congrats to the x-men team for this story

Good art and good action scenes with some fun dialogues but that's all.
    Rank 7 of 10.

Unlike the promised nothing in this story was Uncanny or Astonishing but had good times.

The conflict involving the revelation with Magneto and the O5 are working together does not serve as a source of drama for several reasons but the main thing is that the X-mens has worked with Magneto on countless occasions in the last years as allies. Anyone who has read some history with the character in the last 15 years knows he's not the villain he used to be even though he's not a hero either.

And contrary to what has been said by Tyke this does not change anything.

The only points worth mentioning are the action scenes (nice to see Angel using those wings of fire for something) and the fact that Mojo is now trapped in our world. In short a good read if someone want nostalgia, jokes and good action scenes but if you want something deeper or significant will be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    And contrary to what has been said by Tyke this does not change anything.
    For Magneto, Polaris and Danger it might as he was supposed to be happy being out of the public eye in his semi retirement and just training new mutants. While Blue heads off for adventures in time and later outside this world adventures let’s see if they don’t try to go more public again.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-15-2017 at 01:20 PM.

Ultimate Member

It might only if all three are still on the team in the not to distant future as Blue and Astonishing at least are shuffling their rosters...

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    With Kitty it entirely makes sense at least since the 1990s when he turned his back on Xavierism he turned his back on all that was good and true in the world in her eyes and she will likely never trust him again after that as she holds up Xavier and his dream in a way few other X-Men do so him saving her only matters so much.
    There was a door plate with Magneto's name on it when she joined the NXS. Didn't bothered her that much so why is she all fussy about it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Overall, it was a good ending. I quite liked the issue and the interactions between the characters. A lot of people got to have a part on the final fight. I was even glad for the Magneto drama when Colossus called Kitty on her bullshit lol. I feel like if that had happened on Gold instead, Piotr would probably just be like "True, Katya!" Lol.

And Rachel wasn't "the most anti-Magneto". She was kinda worried but she wasn't bitching around like Kitty.
    So much of this, especially the collosus part. Please why is guggy still writing? Let Bunn write blue and gold, the same way blue and gold were written by seagle/kelly in the 90s

Yeah, when's the last time Colossus was in the right about anything. I literally cannot remember.

I bought and read this issue digitally today because I saw pages and panels from people showing Polaris treated much better this time than in past issues. Thankfully, the full issue matched what people sent/tweeted to me.

Polaris-centric stuff first.

The moment where Lorna and Magneto use their powers together was good. It was in the vein of things I had praised in the beginning of Bunn's final story arc for the Magneto solo. It also avoided the problematic way the Magneto solo had wrapped up its treatment of Lorna. That it had a line from Lorna acknowledging they have a lot of lost time to make up for is a good additional touch. Lorna getting a couple panels to talk to Longshot and suggest he join the team was also good to see, in that Bunn finally gave her some panel time that wasn't exclusively about making her entire world revolve around Magneto or Havok. I hope this is the start of better writing for Lorna out of Bunn going forward.

Broader stuff now.

Having never read a whole lot involving Mojo, with most of my understanding coming from the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon, the captive audience was interesting. If they remember what happened, then it's pretty cool that they got to see the X-Men/mutants be heroes whether they wanted to or not. If they don't remember, then it's an interesting metaphor for how the X-Men do so much for the world yet it goes unnoticed when it's no longer immediate. Jean's powers looked really cool on the second page/splash page. Longshot had some good "charmer" characterization in this issue. The ending about the Mojo news network is an interesting idea that I see having a lot of potential, both specific to Marvel/mutant situations and as an allegory to current events in the world. And for once, it's an idea in a Marvel comic book that's not happening 3-4 years too late.

This was a good single issue to read. Whether or not I read any future issues will depend on what I see regarding those future issues.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Molina's art continues to be amazing. Everything looked gorgeous, and I like the way he depicted some of the powers.

Overall, this crossover was fun, and had a few nice moments, but also had plenty of missed opportunities. I thought Rachel had a really nice moment, when she redirected the power source I believe, and think Bunn does well with her. More inklings of Jean and Scott in this issue imo. Loved seeing Polaris actually get to do something useful, and it was cool to see her and Magneto work together and save everyone's asses. Also liked the brief Lorna and Longshot interaction. The Kitty/Magneto/Jean blow out felt like a bit of a bust. Though this secret would have more of an impact or something. The Blue issues I thought did more than the Gold ones imo, but overall this was fun.

Errrr...not only is this book a huge downgrade from UXM, but it also is wrapping up it's predecessor's plot points without any kind of climactic flair. Can't believe Magneto faked his death just to train the O5 and wear silky bath robes with his robo-butler.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Beautiful art like last issue only Polaris' face makes her look super young

Nice shadowed shot of Magneto and Polaris wrecking Mojo's toys

We'll see what happens with Mojo and his crew now on Earth I guess, I like how BLUE sets up possible future plots, that is very important if we want there to be long running villains and all that kind of thing

The fake tension about working with Magneto was EH though

I liked the Tyke/Jeen bonding I suppose
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    What at enormous waste of time this was.

Kitty and Rachel being the most anti-Magneto is the biggest bullshit.
    Well, Magneto did take the O5 in. I'm sure Rachel didn't approve of Magneto trying to turn the O5, teenagers, into his ideal X-Men.

Best issue of the crossover. I really enjoyed it

BANNED

First Mojo ish I've read, and the first of Blue since #10, actually.

The shadowy forms of Polaris & Magneto unleashing a combined EMP to bring Mojo's house down & save the day, was worth the price of admission alone, for me. They looked like such ominous figures, and I loved their lil' back & forth, 'bout making up for lost time. I look forward to MUCH more, of THAT!... Hopefully, was said warily.

Longshot & Colossus both earned some brownie points, for being affable & reasonable, respectively. Already & always liked them, anyway, just like 'em a lil' more now. There'll be a place for them, once the new House of M becomes a reality. Shouldn't be long now, I wouldn't think.

Mojo getting stuck on earth & bein' in hiding, was uneXpected, and could be interesting.

Noticed Bobby & Warren got dialogue, but Henry didn't. I liked that.

Rachel was pretty cool, for the most part, but Kitty was not. Not in appearance, or action, just... yuck!

Kurt was a lil' better than 'Ro, but both were pretty much just there, AGAIN... sadly. So were the Wolverines, tho, not so sadly.

Danger was good, and funny, which is consistent.

Overall, it was fun, and the first issue I've wanted to read in a while. The Lorna factor(less) mattered more than I thought it would, I guess. Without her to look forward to, I lost interest... c'est la vie.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Well, Magneto did take the O5 in. I'm sure Rachel didn't approve of Magneto trying to turn the O5, teenagers, into his ideal X-Men.
    Magneto isn't the O5's mentor, because they don't need one. He's just their boss - so to speak. They're there by their own power to help him with a shared goal.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey