Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOVE this panel

Just a... GLORIOUS... finale!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 11-15-2017 at 09:03 PM.

When was the last time Polaris got a father daughter moment?.......

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    X-Men Blue 10? Or maybe somewhere between 11-14, IDK, 'cause I haven't read them yet. Still, we need bigger & better things between them, it's TIME! And frankly, long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    Depends on what you want to define as a moment, here I think she was implying fighting together against a foe side by side the closest would probably be their battle against the Avengers in 2000.

Last edited by jmc247; 11-15-2017 at 10:07 PM.

Enjoyable final read I must say, in no small part due to an excellent effort put in by Molina. There were a number of panels I thought were awesome, especially the panel where Magneto and Polaris lit Mojo up.

Story wise there were some very fun beats here. The teams actually felt a little like the early 90's x-men which was great. Jeen shined pretty well throughout but I thought Tyke and to a lesser extent Rachel has their moments too. Kitty being gently talked down by Piotr felt right on the money. Storm was again basically absent. After challenging Bloodstorm on feeding off of one of Mojo's goons it was completely dropped for the rest of the book. Hopefully we'll see this get brought up down the line. Marks to Bunn for making a three sentence exchange between Logan and Jimmy feel somehow meaningful. The rest of 05 were wallpaper as usual. I'm starting to think Blue should be Jean, Scott, Magneto, Polaris and Bloodstorm as Bunn seems to give them 90% of the meaningful lines anyway.

Magneto and Polaris' panels were enjoyable but I'm still not entirely sure where Bunn is going with this relationship. Ditto for Scott and Jean with the teasing intensifying. I'm not looking forward to any triangle related nonsense but I do like seeing this relationship developing. Kind of bittersweet now that Jean is coming back, thinking that the older version of the characters are the one I'd like to see dealing with their relationship trauma but these two will have to do.

Overall I enjoyed this issue and it seemed a satisfying way to close the arc.
    Last edited by Ulfhammer; 11-15-2017 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    X-Men Blue 10? Or maybe somewhere between 11-14, IDK, 'cause I haven't read them yet. Still, we need bigger & better things between them, it's TIME! And frankly, long overdue.
    I wouldn't really call those father-daughter moments so much as Magneto moments with Lorna in them. For them to count as real father-daughter moments, I think they need to emphasize the qualities of both characters. Doesn't count to me if it's one-sided, whether that means all the focus is on one of them or it's on both but one of them is being written more with benefiting the other in mind. For a different example of what I mean, the final issue of Secret Wars: House of M had Lorna and Pietro fighting, but I'd say those scenes were more Polaris moments with Pietro in them than sibling moments because he wasn't written well in those moments.

I'd say Lorna and Magneto's powers working in tandem in the beginning couple issues of the final Magneto solo arc was the last time they had a father-daughter moment before this issue. To reiterate, this issue was a really good issue for Lorna and for her relationship with her father, and I hope it's a positive sign of things to come.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

This was ok.

The most interesting bit was the letter from Paniccia at the end.

I imagine one of those two new series is the recently announced X-Men: Red. What's the other?

New Mutants?

BANNED

Odd reaction from Kitty. Magneto saved her from death..Never said thanks once and suddenly she's the #1 Magneto hater 8 years after the fact.

Rachel...Lol. She's getting soft and that's not a good thing.

I want to see prime Jean confronting Magneto and Lorna. Lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Psylocke killed him. Why doesn't anyone bring her up?
    Because they don't want Rogue and Elizabeth to fight.

Ultimate Member

Or just that none of the X-Men care about it, a Phoenix level Jean could probably mop the floor with Magneto and Lorna, Magneto saved her more as a way to try and get the other X-Men to trust him, he didn't do it for Kitty's sake...and Magneto's done more than enough in his past for anybody to be careful around him...still seems like Lorna is trying to make her perfect family and be the best daughter that she can all to please Magneto and prop him up...and let's not forget that they lost so much of that time because as usual Magneto put his mission in front of Lorna time and time again...

BANNED

There is no such thing as a Phoenix level Jean. She used to get captured by Cable's son, Sinister, and Stryfe. So she damn sure isn't wiping the floor with anyone that is near god-like. Lorna got mad at Annie and knocked out Jean in record time.

Ultimate Member

Well there are a number of X-Men that have defeated Magneto so it's all relative, and Magneto is not god-like, he and you might think that he is...

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    The only developments happened in Xmen Blue, all the Xmen gold issues were like filler
    Well...Blue has the better writer, so yeah.

Loved this final issue to cap off the first (and hopefully not the last) crossover between X-men Blue and Gold. Any story involving Mojo can't take itself too seriously. Mojo is basically the walking embodiment of an eccentric comic relief. He's the kind of character you use to sort of take the edge off a story that gets too serious or bleak. I think this crossover arc achieved that. Mojo was unapologetically meta the whole time, poking fun at all the X-men's major moments and even making light of character deaths. In a sense, he embodies the very spirit of this message board at times.

The final conclusion in this issue brought it to a satisfying close. Love the big team reunion and Magneto's arrival at the end. It wrapped things up nicely. Sure, it wasn't the most dramatic story of all time, but it was entertaining and what more can you want from a comic these days?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Molina is SUCH a talent. I love and admire his line work so much. Every seam on every suit has such precision and care.