BANNED

Default Hypertime is officially back (Justice League #33 spoilers)

So I guess it was sort of hinted at in that issue of Tec but with Barry literally saying the words "this is the Hypertime" I guess that means it is officially back in canon, described as a "web of time streams outside the multiverse."

We got to see some windows into other timelines.

New 52 Superman, Titans of Tomorrow, Flashpoint, Legacy, Batman Beyond.

What are everyone's thoughts on this? I know Hypertime was always a controversial concept among DC fans, at least from what I've seen.

Astonishing Member

Not sure it helps to call it a spoiler if you put said spoiler in the title too. :P Haha.

But that sounds interesting and it's kind of been a given ever since Final Crisis or Convergence depnding on how literal we're meant to take things but it sounds interesting that it's actually outright stated liek that. Sweet.

Wait isn't current Superman New 52 Superman?

This was cool I guess but kind of came out of nowhere for me. This is like Goku going Super Saiyain. I'll just go along with it because its cool, but I didn't feel this was set up that well it just kind of happened within this issue from what I've read
    The J-man

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I liked Hypertime enough, so I'm pretty happy. You can overdo it perhaps, but I like that it's part of the DCU tapestry.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

I loved Hypertension on the Superboy series,issues 60 to 65.a great trek through different hyper timelines,and a great villain in Black Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Wait isn't current Superman New 52 Superman?

This was cool I guess but kind of came out of nowhere for me. This is like Goku going Super Saiyain. I'll just go along with it because its cool, but I didn't feel this was set up that well it just kind of happened within this issue from what I've read
    In a way, yeah. He's not the one that dated Wonder Woman or anything like that (with the Reborn Arc, that's been retconned out), but some of New52 Superman's history was folded into Rebirth's Superman's.

Astonishing Member

Hypertime has been sliding back into various stuff for a while now - but it seems like they finally know, cosmically and just narratively - what to do with it so it's high time!
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I thought it was already back...

Now it is official.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought it was already back...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Now it is official.
    Pretty much. It hasn't been clearly established as fully back in canon until now.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

It was already mentioned in 986 of Detective Comics which came out before this.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Fans knew it was back, this just makes it official. It's cool
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor