Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default If you could get rid of any state...

Which one would it be, and why?

Texas. It's political influence due to it's size is ruining this country.
    Without it the Democrats would control Congress.

Right now I am not fond of Alabama either.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

The state of denial.

Incredible Member

California. The rest of the US doesn't really deserve us and we'd be better off without them dragging us down.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Texas isn't close to the worst state, too many redeeming factors and Mississippi and Alabama are laughably bad, but they have such a big influence that if they finally decided to secede I'd be happy to let them go.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I would just split them all into smaller states and just sit back watching the chaos.

Astonishing Member

Do we really still need all those tiny States that are left over from the earliest days of the USA? It maybe made sense to have them when roads were crude, people traveled on horse-drawn coaches, and it took days for people (or news) to travel only short distances, but none of that applies anymore. Delaware, for instance, consists of just 3 counties on the eastern shore of Maryland, but it gets the same representation in the Senate as New York or California, and these 3 counties get the 2 "extra" votes in the Electoral College that are given to each State. Shouldn't these little relics along the eastern seaboard be merged with the larger States that surround them?

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Do we really still need all those tiny States that are left over from the earliest days of the USA? It maybe made sense to have them when roads were crude, people traveled on horse-drawn coaches, and it took days for people (or news) to travel only short distances, but none of that applies anymore. Delaware, for instance, consists of just 3 counties on the eastern shore of Maryland, but it gets the same representation in the Senate as New York or California, and these 3 counties get the 2 "extra" votes in the Electoral College that are given to each State. Shouldn't these little relics along the eastern seaboard be merged with the larger States that surround them?
    Forget size, what about population. At least Delaware has about a million people. Wyoming and the Dakotas have two Senators representing as many people as my Congresswoman alone does.
    Right now about 20% of the population controls 60% of the Senate.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Say washinton state goodbye, from now on people wont confuse the state with the capital
    Last edited by mojotastic; 11-16-2017 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Say washinton state, from now on people wont confuse the state with the capital
    I think most would want to get rid of the capitol these days.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

California, because...we don't really deserve them and they'd be better off without us dragging them down.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Sometimes I wish Northern Indiana could secede from the rest of the state.

Mighty Member

There’s hope for Texas. Alabama is the state I’m skeptical about right now.