Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Honestly, I think at this point that Lorna could (if not should) be synonymous with X-Factor like Cable is with X-Force.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    All your posts are “maybe throw in Cable” lol

Can you post with mentioning Cable?
    Nope. Well, except for this one I guess.

BANNED

Maybe but I think they could run with the momentum with her and push her on top in a revived Uncanny X Men. Put her with Nate Grey, Warren, Amelia Vought/Uniscione, etc. Change that book up since u got all these team color mission statements.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post

This one is OK except no Polaris feels like a waste, also Monet is already known by the Gen X squad that Emplate is there I think
    I would rather have Polaris as a leader of a more X-Men style team (I can go into that if you want) and I'm going off the assumption that the characters in this team haven't been in good contact with the X-Men
    Last edited by WheelchairX; 11-16-2017 at 01:49 PM.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    A response to the Defenders, I would pitch a team that is a little bit X-Factor Investigations, a little bit X-Force, that monitors the situation of the streets of NY (and subsequently a rebirthed Mutant Town), especially with the prevalence of mutant-produced drugs and slavery. Still heavy on the comedy and a heavy focus on the hilarity and friction between the cast, the book would also be more action-oriented than it's predecessors. They would also crossover a bit more with Daredevil, the Night Nurses (Cecilia among them), Jessica Jones, Miles Morales, and other street-level heroes.

Cast: Bishop, John Maddox, Wolfsbane, Rictor, Monet, Cece Reyes, and Domino

Writer: David Walker, Christina Strain, or Matthew Rosenberg
    Artist: Mark Smallwood, Nick Draggotta, or ACO
    I like this one. But I would swap out Maddox for Madrox Prime (it's so easy to reverse his "death"), and Domino for Cipher (Alisa). I would also bring in Charlotte Jones as liaison to the NYPD and as a potential love interest for Bishop.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Honestly, I think at this point that Lorna could (if not should) be synonymous with X-Factor like Cable is with X-Force.
    I have a problem with this because I think it artificially limits her potential and opportunities. Regardless of iteration, since the 90s X-Factor has always been a book where Marvel places characters they see as "small-time," with a few rare exceptions. Peter David as writer has also kept her out of events she should take a big part in, whether that means Marvel wants to use her elsewhere but Peter David won't allow it, or (more likely) Marvel knows Peter David won't allow it and sticks her there knowing he'll do the heavy lifting for them.

Axis is an example of this. Marvel clearly didn't want Lorna to take any real part in the event despite how surviving the Genoshan genocide and millions dying all around her (many asking her to save them) is such a huge part of her history and development. Peter David's anti-event attitude gave them an easy out for her to stay far away from Red Skull abusing Genosha and its dead and stick to a comparatively empty and easily forgotten storyline over in Washington D.C. that carried no weight and did nothing for her.

I also think some people at Marvel perceive Lorna on X-Factor less as "make the most of Lorna on this book," and more as "Polaris should be kept in the confines of X-Factor and only X-Factor like she was in the 90s, she's not important enough for anything else."

Total honesty, something I wasn't planning to say openly but feel now's the right time for it. I've said before that with Polaris' anniversary next year, I expect Marvel to throw her into limbo and pretend she doesn't exist. However, an alternate route I can see Marvel taking is reviving X-Factor exclusively to exile her to the title, keep her out of events so she can't build connections or have more exposure, and keep sales artificially low by refusing to promote it. It's the game plan they followed with All-New X-Factor.

This is why I've been a) saying she should be on another team or have her own solo as top preference, and b) stating specific criteria I think would have to exist for her to be on a revived X-Factor book. Last time with All-New X-Factor, she had some good development (amid bad portions) but her full potential was effectively sabotaged by artificial limitations and intentional lack of support by Marvel.

End of the day, Lorna needs to be allowed to be involved in the broad X-Men/Marvel universe and explore her full potential. I'm open to Lorna as leader on a revived X-Factor if it's not going to be used to hold her back from both things.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

I'd return to the roots of it being X-Factor Investigations, though would do a big shift in terms of the roster. I'd keep Rictor, Shatterstar, and Siryn. From there, Bishop and Sage join as the co-leaders. Spiral takes another stab at heroics. Cecilia Reyes sticks around for her medical expertise. And I'd eventually bring back Multiple Man, with the revelation that one of his dupes was imprisoned years ago, either by the state, or by an X-villain like Sugar Man or Dark Beast.

Writer: David Walker
    Artist: Mike Choi or Alan Davis

Forge makes every book flop!

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    snip
    I'm not really going to respond to all of this other than going ahead and saying that while you aren't inherently wrong - it wasn't like that in the 80's, given that it was just as flagship with the O5 as Claremont's Outback era team, and that it doesn't inherently need to be like that forever.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I'm not really going to respond to all of this other than going ahead and saying that while you aren't inherently wrong - it wasn't like that in the 80's, given that it was just as flagship with the O5 as Claremont's Outback era team, and that it doesn't inherently need to be like that forever.
    If they launch a new X-Factor title which I think is likely there is a high chance it will dovetail on the general direction that planned film wants to head.

In regard to Lorna and X-Factor I will just say this as someone who has well over 100 issues of various versions of X-Factor. For all the panel time and it certainly gave her panel time her character growth and development was always been an issue there. It doesn't mean it always has to be no, but lets just say I like X-Factor, but lets just say modern Lorna the world is getting to know wasn't built there and they had a lot of time to try to figure it out.

A Lorna who doesn't care about mutant issues lacks the central part of her that makes the character work. Out of all her runs it I only felt JM’s somewhat understood the greatest power of her original story was less about is she or is she not related to a certain someone and more about what direction should she take in regards to the mutants rights struggle.

If she ends up on a new X-Factor eventually it should be with a idea really works on that basis.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-16-2017 at 09:48 PM.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

I want an Xmen Science team book.

or they could make it about Dazzler and Longshot working in Hollywood with Wonderman. these would be my theme reboots for the title.

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    Here is how I would start the book:

Monet, still struggling with the essence of Emulate, convinced herself that X-Factor is needed and that she needs X-Factor and there is only one person who can make X-Factor work: Madrox.

She search globally for someone who would be able to and want to risk going back in time only to find Eva Bell, living in an apartment in Australia. M confronts her, delves into her mind to find how she spent years in the future and how she helped Xavier erase a mutants existence. She is the only one stupid enough to risk every to save one man.

They turn up to Muir Island mere minutes before the Terrigin sweeps through and kills all of Jamie. M waits until they begin to die off when she uses her powers to severe the connection of a dupe to the Prime, and they bring it to the present. Nothing changes. As Jamie wakes up, he experiences his death over one hundred times but vows to reform the X-Factor team alongside M and Tempus.

Characters:

Madrox: A dupe from the past who became the Prime (since the others are dead). He has PTSD from experiencing his death but also feels the burden of living when he should be dead. However, with the resurgence of mutants, the time for X-Factor is no greater.

M: Hidden within her lies a murderer and she tries to keep it that way. Tempus is the only one who knows and they often come to blows since M knows her secrets - but over time they find respect for each other over their tortured pasts.

Tempus: Still coming to terms with losing her family, she is given an opportunity from X-Factor to start a fresh and doesn't want to fail it.

Hijack: Brought along by Tempus, Hijack no longer considers himself a 'new mutant' and wants to be something more than artist.

Syrin: She returns to X-Factor with a knock on the door and a dozen Purifiers behind her. She remembers only fragments of the world ending before the darkness. Laying comatose for some time she wakes to find Madrox and Cyclops dead, Emma a villain, and the X-Men in Central Park. Terry has been separated from the Morrigan and can no longer speak. I would also like to investigate the whereabouts of her father

Rictor and Shatterstar.

Just a few ideas
    You won't be pleased to hear that Bendis just turned Hijack into an Ironheart villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You won't be pleased to hear that Bendis just turned Hijack into an Ironheart villain.
    Um, wait, what? He was literally just in Gen X...

i feel like this would be a good place to re-establish Phantazia. she's in the custody of the government. i don't care how they repower her; any more than i cared when it happened to the Blob.

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    Forge makes every book flop!
    then they should use time displaced Forge
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 11-16-2017 at 09:45 PM.

Spectacular Member comradepitrovsky's Avatar

X-Factor: Silver
    Writer: Kieron Gillen
    Artist: Daniel Acuna

Team:
    1. Emma Frost. This is mostly her squad. In the wake of the fall of New Tian, Emma's deciding to make her return to the global stage in style. A team of mutants that fight the biggest threats, the biggest monster, and then afterwards travel in style and in fashion. Team Silver would be the one to go and stop Fin Fang Foom from destroying Rome, and then heading over to go to the Milan fashion show, or to stop Graviton from leveling Paris after a exclusive party in the Marais.

2. Namor, the Sub-Mariner. Partially here to get into Emma's designer pants, he doesn't - he never really has - feel an affinity to the X-Men or to mutant kind. What he does feel is a desire, after all the moral ambiguity, of fighting his brothers and his friends, of getting possessed by cosmic forces and played by inter-dimensional tyrants, to punch monsters in the face, really, really hard.

3. Alison Blair, Dazzler. You want glamor, fame, and drama? How can you possibly miss Ali Blair? She's back to singing, back to rocking the kickass blue eye makeup, and if her ticket sales go up for each concert after she's seen blowing a Krakoa clone to little bits on national television, so be it. Seriously, Alison is in a pretty good place, and this team is her enjoying herself. She also has Lightbringer - a copy of Mjolner she used - lying around somewhere.

4. Lorna Dane, Polaris. This is a Polaris who decided that being a nice normal X-Girl was for losers, and that if she was going to be the daughter of Magneto, she was going to embrace being the daughter of Magneto. No more corporate teams or government shills, Lorna's in the top ten most powerful mutants on the planet, and she knows it.

5. Laura Kinney, Wolverine. This is a cop out, really. I didn't quite know who to put in the last spot, but she and Emma interacted real well in New X-Men.

Thoughts? Ideas? Comments?