Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Absolute, Omnibus, and Library editions are my go-to for reading.

I still like collecting my DC Omni’s but some are just way too thick!
    I wish they would keep them around 600 pages and the price down.

Second favorite is Deluxe HC editions. Those are actually the easiest for me to read and I intend on buying all those I can.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

I prefer (in no specific order)...

Digital
    Marvel Epic Trades
    DC Golden, Silver & Bronze Age Trades
    Standard Trades
    Standard Hardcover
    DC Deluxe Hardcover
    Floppies (although I seldom buy any these days)

I really dislike Omnibus books. They are just too big and bulky/heavy and I feel like they will eventually fall apart over time. I agree with Hawkgirl70 about keeping the page count down to around 600 pages, maybe then I could get excited about them.

Lightbulb

Ok so my favorite used to be deluxe editions (for everything that is not available in Absolute) but recently I tried these DC box sets where they put every individual issue in its own hardcover, and it was life changing. You guys have to try it.

20170813_105612.jpg

It's got all the content of an Omnibus but none of the weight or hassle.

STL014258-1-600x775.jpg

And gorgeous covers to boot.

hqdefault.jpg

When these were first announced, I never thought I would care or appreciate it. LMK if you have any questions or anything

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    Ok so my favorite used to be deluxe editions (for everything that is not available in Absolute) but recently I tried these DC box sets where they put every individual issue in its own hardcover, and it was life changing. You guys have to try it.

20170813_105612.jpg

It's got all the content of an Omnibus but none of the weight or hassle.

STL014258-1-600x775.jpg

And gorgeous covers to boot.

hqdefault.jpg

When these were first announced, I never thought I would care or appreciate it. LMK if you have any questions or anything
    The Dark Knight & Watchmen looks really nice!! I would love to see replica editions of the DC 80 page Giants in a box set like this!

Trade paperbacks, preferably soft covers, for me. I have a fair few single issues as well as the odd hardcover (Ghost Rider: Damnation) but other than that it’s trades only, which I prefer.

Thickest one I have is Infinity, which is a great read.

Wanted to bump this. Still haven’t decided which route I’m going as far as format. Any other thought?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    Wanted to bump this. Still haven’t decided which route I’m going as far as format. Any other thought?
    Its personal preference. Most people have multiple formats. A lot of times there may only be one physical choice. Today if you wanted Shang Chi, there is the omnibus route or nothing. There is an epic I think coming out but it will be a long while before they finish that run (if at all) in epic format. So my only recommendation is to be flexible on format. if you stick with one format, you may miss out on stuff.

250-500 page OHCs are my favorite. Oversized art but not too unwieldy. But I really enjoy omnis for their value and their imposing stature. Trades are good, particularly the thick trades, but I don't feel any particular fondness for them like I do for the OHCs/omnis. And finally, Absolute/Library Editions are beautiful and I really like them, but I don't necessarily love reading them.