• OML/jean

2 2.82%
  • magneto/jean

1 1.41%
  • X Daddy/Jean

0 0%
  • Nightcrawler/jean

5 7.04%
  • Young Scott/old jean (after he completes phase of puberty)

20 28.17%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Lol, how would Logan be any different? And I actually have yet to see a Scott fan say "Jean has to wait for Scott, but he was right to get with Emma (or whoever)", the most I've seen is some fans voicing their preference of Jott. Let's also not argue the "subtext" angle, most fans say what they mean, yeah?
    Because Logan is the one that Jott fans want to keep her away from, it doesn't happen with anybody else, many Jott fans want to put Jean with anybody but Logan and then keep her away from Logan as long as they can while at the same time want Scott back as fast as possible or for Jean to need to be alone and deal with Scott's death and such and then have that time last as long as it can so that even if she does date Logan that time is as short as possible, though with Scott I didn't see that he should be single kind of thing...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Because Logan is the one that Jott fans want to keep her away from, it doesn't happen with anybody else, many Jott fans want to put Jean with anybody but Logan and then keep her away from Logan as long as they can while at the same time want Scott back as fast as possible or for Jean to need to be alone and deal with Scott's death and such and then have that time last as long as it can so that even if she does date Logan that time is as short as possible, though with Scott I didn't see that he should be single kind of thing...
    Hey, I think I would've liked it if Scott had been single for a while (I don't count Bendis); also, I wouldn't mind Logan x Jean, that should be pretty well known. However, I do think Jott is inevitable in the way that Peter x MJ, Reed x Sue, Clark x Lois, etc. are.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Nah. They don't want her with Namor, or anyone not Scott, unless the day comes when Marvel is willing to do a cheesecake Jean/Emma thing. I find it comical and bias-confirming, which is the only reason I pay attention to it.

BANNED

Hey, I think I would've liked it if Scott had been single for a while (I don't count Bendis); also, I wouldn't mind Logan x Jean, that should be pretty well known. However, I do think Jott is inevitable in the way that Peter x MJ, Reed x Sue, Clark x Lois, etc. are.
    Eh, you would have a hard time getting readers excited about any of those pairings in this day and age. That kind of stale, whitebread, 1950s ideal of true love just isn't something that people these days can really relate to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Eh, you would have a hard time getting readers excited about any of those pairings in this day and age. That kind of stale, whitebread, 1950s ideal of true love just isn't something that people these days can really relate to.
    Mostly because there is no character in idealism like that. And it's not so ideal now that the females are considered characters in their own right as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    This is one of those threads that make me think fanfiction is a mistake.

Magneto x Jean? I'm surprised there was no Quire x Jean.
    The bigger and more common mistake in my opinion is comic nerds* taking a shared presence on a team book cover as reason / evidence to "ship" them.

(I fully admit that namor x jean is a possibility in the book- but given that all we have is a team cover so far, I think it's silly to speculate yet.)

*i consider myself a comic nerd so I hope the term isn't taken offensively.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Simon's like the opposite of arrogant these days. The last relationship he was in was with Carol dominating him into worthlessness.
    One can be dominated / submissive yet still be arrogant.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It's canon that Namor doesn't like redheads - although canon doesn't mean much these days.
    I think many people take his phrase "I don't like redheads" in that situation as him joking with Hope (assuming that's the moment you speak of( , especially given how he said "ick" after. So I wouldn't consider it canon if it has been interpreted that way by a decent amount of folks.

(This could be said for many things in comics theses days... with no thought bubbles, shorter dialogue and a heavier reliance on art to tell the story, I find many lines to be left up to interpretation).

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    The bigger and more common mistake in my opinion is comic nerds* taking a shared presence on a team book cover as reason / evidence to "ship" them.

(I fully admit that namor x jean is a possibility in the book- but given that all we have is a team cover so far, I think it's silly to speculate yet.)

*i consider myself a comic nerd so I hope the term isn't taken offensively.
    But you're right it's the absolute worst. These shipping threads are getting outta control.

Honestly I've had a theory for some time the the psychics of the MCU suffer from and acute form of Florence Nightingale syndrome. I started cause i wanted to know why Emma Frost fell for Scott when they had nothing in common, it basically boiled down to pain. I expanded my research to why Scott seems so yummy to psychics again it boiled down to emotional pain (Guy is like a One Ring of Angst). I then shifted to Jean and her relationships and again pain came up (and Swagger, Jean really digs Swag), Every time Jean gets close to Wolverine was when he was in the most pain both emotionally and physically. Hell it even explain Charlie's love life, every woman he's every fallen for has been a women in desperate need of aid from Lilandra to Gabriel Heller to you guessed it Jean Grey.
    Applying this to the Topic at hand while Namor does fit the criteria for Jean to fall for him I personally thing his Bravado would get in the way. Jean tends to prefer to call the shots, that's ultimately what put Scott over Logan in her book. Scott knew when to Lead and when to not lead. He tripped all her triggers Emotional Pain, Swag and Surrender.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Honestly I've had a theory for some time the the psychics of the MCU suffer from and acute form of Florence Nightingale syndrome. I started cause i wanted to know why Emma Frost fell for Scott when they had nothing in common, it basically boiled down to pain. I expanded my research to why Scott seems so yummy to psychics again it boiled down to emotional pain (Guy is like a One Ring of Angst). I then shifted to Jean and her relationships and again pain came up (and Swagger, Jean really digs Swag), Every time Jean gets close to Wolverine was when he was in the most pain both emotionally and physically. Hell it even explain Charlie's love life, every woman he's every fallen for has been a women in desperate need of aid from Lilandra to Gabriel Heller to you guessed it Jean Grey.
    Applying this to the Topic at hand while Namor does fit the criteria for Jean to fall for him I personally thing his Bravado would get in the way. Jean tends to prefer to call the shots, that's ultimately what put Scott over Logan in her book. Scott knew when to Lead and when to not lead. He tripped all her triggers Emotional Pain, Swag and Surrender.
    why Emma Frost fell for Scott when they had nothing in common?
    Perhaps Emma was dickmatized. Cyke's endless "blast" heavily affected her. Scott is cannon hung as Emma brags.
    Plus all Telepaths weak for Cyke. Rightclops extreme level of self-control and mental discipline is like catnip for psychics. He one of few non-psychics with ability to "holds secrets" away from them which makes him mysterious. Also helps that Scott Summers is a leader, tall, male model looking.
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    why Emma Frost fell for Scott when they had nothing in common?
    Perhaps Emma was dickmatized. Cyke's endless "blast" heavily affected her. Scott is cannon hung as Emma brags.
    Plus all Telepaths weak for Cyke. Rightclops extreme level of self-control and mental discipline is like catnip for psychics. He one of few non-psychics with ability to "holds secrets" away from them which makes him mysterious. Also helps that Scott Summers is a leader, tall, male model looking.
    It's much easier to say that Cyclops is a Mary Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Well yeah.

We already know what the "dating people after you get a second chance at life is wrong" crowd really means.

Let the woman live. It's gonna be alright lmao.
    Well it has to be Scott right? teen scott has more votes than 2 wolverines.
    It would never work out

Lol, how would Logan be any different? And I actually have yet to see a Scott fan say "Jean has to wait for Scott, but he was right to get with Emma (or whoever)", the most I've seen is some fans voicing their preference of Jott. Let's also not argue the "subtext" angle, most fans say what they mean, yeah?
    Jean kiss Logan once: what a slut
    Scott dated many women: rightclops

yeah...
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-18-2017 at 05:37 AM.

Incredible Member

Jean has kissed Logan more than once throughout the years. I never understood the Emma and Scott relationship either. It was completely forced by Morrison. Scott and Jean knew each other since they were teenagers. She watched him grow in confidence and as a man and knew all of his insecurities and everything. They worked well together. They have a very rich history and I hate that Morrison killed her and threw that away.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean kiss Logan once: what a slut
    Scott dated many women: rightclops

yeah...
    Which is completely inaccurate
    She cheated on Cyclops emotionally
    She wasn't in love with him. Her marriage was falling apart, the man she's loved her whole life was a different person after all the Apocalypse ****, and he was spending a little too much time with Emma. So she tried to jump in the arms of the guy whose always been at the sidelines, only for him to say he's done with that crap and she should just talk to Scott. Jean's always been selfish and petty, for awhile she was vixenish about Madelyne Pryor in X-Factor
    The best thing about the Phoenix retcon is that it means Jean was never actually a likable character. All the good and compelling stuff was just a cosmic being masquerading as her
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Oh god, not again.
    this thread isn't to keep hating on other characters or who cheated on who
    it's about who people want jean to hook up now that cyclops is dead. let's not make it an unnecessary fight