Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Callisto and Caliban kidnapped and tried to forcibly marry Angel and (14-year-old) Kitty Pryde. I could be wrong about their later portrayals and interactions with the X-Men since I didn't read too much after the Mutant Massacre, but it seems like everyone started treating them like just abrasive heroes and not attempted rapists.

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    Are you referring to this?

He's not saying the entity was just his subconscious repressed side. It may have started out that way, but it became its own sentient being.
    He is in the same way that he says the potential for it coming back is there still. In issue 3 when the entity reveals itself it's also describes itself as Xavier. That dark side is xavier. It was also able to read his thoughts despite his protests of being shielded

It's not a separate being. It's Xavier's dark side manifested. Which is still Xavier.

Astonishing Member

Xavier may not be evil himself, but between the Entity, Onslaught, and his twin sister, he is a terrible danger.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    He is in the same way that he says the potential for it coming back is there still. In issue 3 when the entity reveals itself it's also describes itself as Xavier. That dark side is xavier. It was also able to read his thoughts despite his protests of being shielded

It's not a separate being. It's Xavier's dark side manifested. Which is still Xavier.

"I've developed a life and awareness of my own, quite apart from yours"

"I've developed a life and awareness of my own, quite apart from yours"
    It's still Xaviers thoughts. That is Xavier. Xavier repressed his dark side thus he is supposed to be the "good side". It's not a separate person. Those dark thoughts are Xavier. They're both Xavier.

They manaifested as a "separate" being but it's still Xavier those dark thoughts are Xavier. It didn't come from now where
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 11-18-2017 at 05:25 PM.

It's still Xaviers thoughts. That is Xavier. Xavier repressed his dark side thus he is supposed to be the "good side". It's not a separate person. Those dark thoughts are Xavier. They're both Xavier.

They manaifested as a "separate" being but it's still Xavier those dark thoughts are Xavier. It didn't come from now where
    They're his dark thoughts that developed a life of their own. It came from Xavier, but it wasn't actually him. So saying Xavier tried to rape Dani or Kitty, or blow up planets, is inaccurate when we're basically talking about his evil doppelgänger.

They're his dark thoughts that developed a life of their own. It came from Xavier, but it wasn't actually him. So saying Xavier tried to rape Dani or Kitty, or blow up planets, is inaccurate when we're basically talking about his evil doppelgänger.
    Those dark thoughts are Xavier. And at the end of the miniseries the potential to remanifest those dark thoughts are still there they didn't just disappear It's not inaccurate because that's still Xavier. It's not like this is an alternate universe Xavier. As the entity explained those impulses are Xavier that was still present at the end of the mini series. To deny that the entity is not Xavier is to deny a part of Xavier. It's his own mind, soul and body.

This is further supported by Onslaught and even Dazzlers journey to kill the evil Xavier's the 616 one was on that list if I recall it correctly. And earlier on in UXN 103 too
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 11-18-2017 at 06:00 PM.

Those dark thoughts are Xavier. And at the end of the miniseries the potential to remanifest those dark thoughts are still there they didn't just disappear It's not inaccurate because that's still Xavier. It's not like this is an alternate universe Xavier. As the entity explained those impulses are Xavier that was still present at the end of the mini series. To deny that the entity is not Xavier is to deny a part of Xavier. It's his own mind, soul and body.

This is further supported by Onslaught and even Dazzlers journey to kill the evil Xavier's the 616 one was on that list if I recall it correctly. And earlier on in UXN 103 too
    Onslaught is a good comparison, because he was also his own being separate from Magneto and Xavier, even if he originally came from their minds.

Onslaught is a good comparison, because he was also his own being separate from Magneto and Xavier, even if he originally came from their minds.
    Onslaught is still a combination of their thoughts though. It's still them although in that case you can argue it's not Magneto or Xavier individually but a merging. In the entitys case those thoughts are Xavier's. They're not edited, changed , manipulated etc they came from Xavier

She said she was giving her the benefit of the doubt, not that everything between them was hunky-dory.

Haha I totally forgot about this. that's actually my scan that I hand-scanned myself years ago.
    Last edited by ButterRum; 11-18-2017 at 10:14 PM.

never forgetti
    Butterum!.jpg

Astonishing Member

I think it was Stalin who said 1 dead person is a tragedy, a million is a statistic.

Onslaught is still a combination of their thoughts though. It's still them although in that case you can argue it's not Magneto or Xavier individually but a merging. In the entitys case those thoughts are Xavier's. They're not edited, changed , manipulated etc they came from Xavier
    Xavier may bear some responsibility, but the fact that his repressed dark side developed a life of it's own and was acting independently and beyond his control should mean that he isn't fully to blame.

Xavier may bear some responsibility, but the fact that his repressed dark side developed a life of it's own and was acting independently and beyond his control should mean that he isn't fully to blame.
    He's like Dr. Frankenstein here. He might not have done these things himself, but he was the one that created the monster.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    They were only flatscans. Don't be dramatic.
    So when Hope goes evil and kills millions of people as foretold they won't count either cool