Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default The Brave and the Bold: Batman and Wonder Woman by Liam Sharp Announced

Last edited by Hypo; 11-16-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Clark & Diana Whata Team! Super-Wonder's Avatar

Liam's work looks amazing!

Though this statement is taking the wind out of my sails a bit for me.
    He said Wonder Woman and her classic supporting character Steve Trevor are still a couple, but that he was tempted to add a little of the romantic spark that has existed between Batman and Wonder Woman over the years in various adaptations.
    But I look forward to this none the less.
    Last edited by Super-Wonder; 11-16-2017 at 10:54 AM.
    Wonderfully Superb

I really wish they would let the Diana/Bruce thing die.
    Richard Alexander

Extraordinary Member

Hopefully the Diana/Bruce thing is only a hint that I’ll probably dismiss.

But I’ll probably read it since it’s Liam

Seems like a Wonder Woman book after all.

Sharp's artwork is as stunning as ever .

I wonder if they're trying to revive The Brave and the Bold title for team-up minis? Will this be the possible first in a series?

I really don't need to see a romance between Batman and Wonder Woman teased here. Maybe if it's just a really small tease, or something on par with the small teases Diana and Clark had gotten over the years, but that's about it.

They sure love killing off non-Greek gods in the DCU don't they?

Seems pretty interesting and finally I can get excited for WW book again.

I love that Liam Sharp is writing this as well as doing the art. The Batman/WW hint of romance does bother me a bit, but I can handle just a hint. I love that this is a continuation from Rucka's run, too, since the current run doesn't seem to care about it.

Im really exicted! I love Celtic mythology though I dont know much about it! I always thought it would be cool to see WonderWoman explore it!

This "nod" is probably the stupid forced past romantic tie that Rucka tried to create pre-FP being established as part of this continuity's past again. Which still sucks, even if it is just a hint. Admitting Diana/Steve is very much still the thing only makes forcing the hint feel even more fanboyish. In the end though I'll just count my blessings that its not going anywhere.

This is still a pass either way. His art is pretty but I'm not a fan of Rucka's take on WW, so if its basically a continuation of that, I'd have little interest even if Batman weren't in it.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-16-2017 at 01:26 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

Has Liam Sharp written anything that's been published other than that 2-page story in the WW 75th anniversary issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This "nod" is probably the stupid forced past romantic tie that Rucka tried to create pre-FP being established as part of this continuity's past again. Which still sucks, even if it is just a hint. Admitting Diana/Steve is very much still the thing only makes forcing the hint feel even more fanboyish. In the end though I'll just count my blessings that its not going anywhere.

This is still a pass either way. His art is pretty but I'm not a fan of Rucka's take on WW, so if its basically a continuation of that, I'd have little interest even if Batman weren't in it.
    Just to throw this out there, Bruce is also happily engaged to Selina Kyle over in Batman comics. They even just cleared the air with Talia about the whole thing. So don't think that it would just be Wonder Woman fans getting that bit of news.

So while I can understand your aggravation over the WonderBat hint in this, it wouldn't only be Wonder Woman's current continuity getting ignored.