Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Well, to be fair, I don't know if either side's status will outright be ignored. I mean, if the story wants to have any integrity at all it would have to acknowledge that Batman is engaged and WW is with Steve again. I may think even just bringing it up again is goofy, but if its at least acknowledged that they're in different, happy places now and its just brought up as the past, then they can get away with it without ignoring anything. I may hate the idea like poison but I'm reasonable enough to admit that if its done in a way that doesn't undercut what's going on now, its not that big a deal. This only becomes a problem if he pulls anything like Rucka did with BN and A, it actually did completely avoid Selina and Steve, and/or B, actually tries to undercut the current work for both characters current love lives by their main caretakers by making this "spark" something current.

Who knows though, maybe it isn't even relevant to the plot from a POV of anything actually being brought up. Maybe its just sleight of hand innuendo like creators used to do with SM/WW back in the pre-FP days. If its something like that then it probably wasn't even worth bringing up in the first place. But since he did make a point to bring it up I'm imagining it has to come up in actual dialogue or something.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-16-2017 at 03:25 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I'm interest in this god walking with Diana. It's probably Pan, and I really dig his design.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Well, to be fair, I don't know if either side's status will outright be ignored. I mean, if the story wants to have any integrity at all it would have to acknowledge that Batman is engaged and WW is with Steve again.
    It's set before the engagement: https://twitter.com/LiamRSharp/statu...35137492152320

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Well in that case scratch Selina needing to be acknowledged, but Diana's still in a relationship here. So he still needs to be careful as hell.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-16-2017 at 03:29 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Well in that case scratch Selina needing to be acknowledged, but Diana's still in a relationship here. So he still needs to be careful as hell.
    He'll prob reveal that BM and WW were together for 4 years before she got back with Steve. /JK

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I am excited for this. Big time.

I think I will basically treat it as the "present" story happening in Bruce's life during the mostly flashback War of Jokes and Riddles.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

While I love Liam Sharp's art, I'm not too excited about a public domain god being the focus of this story. Perhaps some others will enjoy this. Perhaps I'll check out the 1st issue.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    While I love Liam Sharp's art, I'm not too excited about a public domain god being the focus of this story. Perhaps some others will enjoy this. Perhaps I'll check out the 1st issue.
    I feel the same. Hopefully it's a wonder woman villain that is behind this in some way and this Batman plug could make them more popular/threatening. The art is going to be good so I'll read it for that.
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 11-16-2017 at 04:34 PM.

I hope this series turns out good so I can get and enjoy the trade.
    I am a super-duper fan of both and am hoping this is as fun
    as the New 52 Wonder Woman and Batwoman team up

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    I feel the same. Hopefully it's a wonder woman villain that is behind this in some way and this Batman plug could make them more popular/threatening. The art is going to be good so I'll read it for that.

It would be nice if someone like Queen Clea, the White Magician, Dark Angel, or the Cheetah were behind this Irish god's death. That would make the story worth reading for me.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Seeing Sharp draw some Celtic mythology will be cool. I think I will get it just for that. it's also wicked nice seeing Diana interact with some mythology that isn't Greek/Roman.

It's a long shot, but maybe we'll see Queen Moonbeam and Shaggy the leprechaun in some capacity

If only Batman wasn't in this. Batman is MY LIFE, but too much of a good thing man.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    It would be nice if someone like Queen Clea, the White Magician, Dark Angel, or the Cheetah were behind this Irish god's death. That would make the story worth reading for me.
    I agree. The one thing I don't like about WW being so closely associated with mythology is that is severely stunts her supporting cast and rogue gallery. I, too, hope there is more to the story than mythology, but I'll wait on reviews before I jump in.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I agree. The one thing I don't like about WW being so closely associated with mythology is that is severely stunts her supporting cast and rogue gallery. I, too, hope there is more to the story than mythology, but I'll wait on reviews before I jump in.
    Why? Is sci-fi limiting to Superman or Green Lantern? Most of Diana’s major villains are myth based. And a few more of them like Giganta probably should be. Myth is only limiting if you limit it to Greek myth. Which they aren’t doing here. None of Diana’s cast is really excluded by the mythic tendancy. I like the myth angle because I feel it gives WW a distinct broad angle. Their is nothing worse then a superhero without a distinct angle.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Why? Is sci-fi limiting to Superman or Green Lantern? Most of Diana’s major villains are myth based. And a few more of them like Giganta probably should be. Myth is only limiting if you limit it to Greek myth. Which they aren’t doing here. None of Diana’s cast is really excluded by the mythic tendancy. I like the myth angle because I feel it gives WW a distinct broad angle. Their is nothing worse then a superhero without a distinct angle.
    Personally, I would love to see Wondy get more stories about her original rogues, and I would like to see her original rogues in stories where they can be fleshed out. I wish this Brave and the Bold title was about Dr. Psycho, Dr. Poison, Queen Clea, Duke Deception, etc. Hell, I'm even okay with Circe and Ares as they are established Wonder rogues. But I personally don't like when too many of Wondy's adventures focus on mythology. I like a good 80/20 mix of original rogues to mythology characters. Seeing this is about Celtic mythology did make me less interested in the title. I'm happy Wondy is getting more exposure, but I wish it was exposure her rogues and supporting cast could benefit from, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Just to throw this out there, Bruce is also happily engaged to Selina Kyle over in Batman comics. They even just cleared the air with Talia about the whole thing. So don't think that it would just be Wonder Woman fans getting that bit of news.

So while I can understand your aggravation over the WonderBat hint in this, it wouldn't only be Wonder Woman's current continuity getting ignored.
    It's just another story. Although Liam did say that he would LOVE to draw Catwoman as she is an amazing character.

I think it will be interesting. But I think a lot of this "wonderBat" stuff is also because of the Justice League push. I mean, they are NOT going to break up Supes and Lois anymore so until they make Bruce and Selina line-wide, (if they do), then they are going to push this WonderCat angle a little bit.

They could care less about who ships who, because doing all of these different types of stories allows them to get money from everybody, LOL!