Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Well, to be fair, I don't know if either side's status will outright be ignored. I mean, if the story wants to have any integrity at all it would have to acknowledge that Batman is engaged and WW is with Steve again. I may think even just bringing it up again is goofy, but if its at least acknowledged that they're in different, happy places now and its just brought up as the past, then they can get away with it without ignoring anything. I may hate the idea like poison but I'm reasonable enough to admit that if its done in a way that doesn't undercut what's going on now, its not that big a deal. This only becomes a problem if he pulls anything like Rucka did with BN and A, it actually did completely avoid Selina and Steve, and/or B, actually tries to undercut the current work for both characters current love lives by their main caretakers by making this "spark" something current.

Who knows though, maybe it isn't even relevant to the plot from a POV of anything actually being brought up. Maybe its just sleight of hand innuendo like creators used to do with SM/WW back in the pre-FP days. If its something like that then it probably wasn't even worth bringing up in the first place. But since he did make a point to bring it up I'm imagining it has to come up in actual dialogue or something.
    Exactly! I mean, I will most likely read it but nods to other ships when both parties are in relationships with other people seems a little weird. I don't know.

I really think this is helping to tie in for Justice League movie.

Seems like it has potential.

It's also interesting that he is framing it as a "Direct" follow up to the Rucka run.

I was right about the Batshipping thing, and you people thought I was mad!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Seeing Sharp draw some Celtic mythology will be cool. I think I will get it just for that. it's also wicked nice seeing Diana interact with some mythology that isn't Greek/Roman.

It's a long shot, but maybe we'll see Queen Moonbeam and Shaggy the leprechaun in some capacity

If only Batman wasn't in this. Batman is MY LIFE, but too much of a good thing man.
    I would love to see Queen Moonbeam again. Shaggy can take a hike... just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Hopefully the Diana/Bruce thing is only a hint that I’ll probably dismiss.

But I’ll probably read it since it’s Liam
    In THE TRINITY extra in the WONDER WOMAN Blu Ray, Sharp pretty much admitted that he's in favor of a Bruce/Diana pairing more so than the Clark/Diana tandem.

I had no clue why he even raised that but evidently he was already at work on this book so I'm almost positive we'll see some Bruce/Diana non-platonic nonsense.

BANNED

I dont care for Trinity shipping but I'd take these comments more seriously if they weren't coming from Superman/Wonder Woman shippers or insert another shipper.
    Romance is a legit story telling device, if Sharp wants to use it thats his right. How the story holds up we'll only know once it comes out. For now its written by a guy with more history on Wonder Woman at a time when Diana is big and for all intents and purposes the plot makes it sound like a Wonder Woman story with Batman as a guest star. So if Batman is Diana's love interest than maybe this will be about Diana's feelings and perspective and story with Batman being a device. That's how Rucka used him in Hikeatea (spelling). In short this book already is the reverse of Superman/Wonder Woman which from day one was the conception of people with more history on Superman and effectively threw Diana in to Superman's world and making her his support character.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    I dont care for Trinity shipping but I'd take these comments more seriously if they weren't coming from Superman/Wonder Woman shippers or insert another shipper.
    Romance is a legit story telling device, if Sharp wants to use it thats his right. How the story holds up we'll only know once it comes out. For now its written by a guy with more history on Wonder Woman at a time when Diana is big and for all intents and purposes the plot makes it sound like a Wonder Woman story with Batman as a guest star. So if Batman is Diana's love interest than maybe this will be about Diana's feelings and perspective and story with Batman being a device. That's how Rucka used him in Hikeatea (spelling). In short this book already is the reverse of Superman/Wonder Woman which from day one was the conception of people with more history on Superman and effectively threw Diana in to Superman's world and making her his support character.
    Oh didn't realize the Gods were apart of Superman's world, Or Circe for that matter. Seemed pretty equal to me up til the stupid crossovers started.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Oh didn't realize the Gods were apart of Superman's world, Or Circe for that matter. Seemed pretty equal to me up til the stupid crossovers started.
    It was never equal, SM/WW has always been the brainchild of Superman creators. Johns,Lee,Waid,Lobdell and the list goes on. The Gods showed up to get served by Superman so that their women would go gaga over Kal-El and that book was crossover fodder from its first arc. Last I checked Power Couple served as the prologue to Doomed. It literally had Zod and Faora as the main villains and Diana got fodderized by Doomsday the same weak Doomsday Kal tore in half.
    The Circe arc by Tomasi was the only exception and that's pretty much it. Using an exception doesn't do much for your argument.
    This mini so far has been presented as a Wonder Woman book from its plot to its writer and to the mythology it leans on. So yeah the exact opposite of Superman/Wonder Woman which was always a vehicle for Superman stories.

BANNED

Also went through Sharp's feed and he makes it clear that he has no intention of disrespecting his own work with Rucka by breaking up or undermining Steve. He also said that he wanted to do a story with Celtic Gods and Wonder Woman for a long time with Batman "assisting". Shippers can cool their jets now, let the guy tell his story instead of go around internet making assurances to Bat/Cat shippers who're getting what they want anyway and Superman/Wonder Woman shippers, um what the heck are they complaining about again?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Sharp confirmed to me on Twitter that this story will not feature any Wonder Woman villains:

Vince Gattuso‏
    @vince_gattuso
    10h10 hours ago
    More
    Will any Wonder Woman villains be in this story?
    1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes
    Reply 1 Retweet Like View Tweet activity

Liam 'Sharpie' Sharp‏

@LiamRSharp
    Following Following @LiamRSharp
    More
    Replying to @vince_gattuso
    No, sorry! All new.
    11:42 PM - 16 Nov 2017
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I loves me some Irish mythology too, so I'm intrigued. Definitely encouraging that the shipping will be minimal, if not nonexistent.

Love Liam Sharp's work, so I'm definitely in!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I am super excited about this. I dont mind at all that none of Diana's rogues are in it (as long as none of Bat's are in it either,which it doesn't sound like they will be.) I love that Diana is being involved with other mythologies and the fact that it's Irish is a major bonus for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    It was never equal, SM/WW has always been the brainchild of Superman creators. Johns,Lee,Waid,Lobdell and the list goes on. The Gods showed up to get served by Superman so that their women would go gaga over Kal-El and that book was crossover fodder from its first arc. Last I checked Power Couple served as the prologue to Doomed. It literally had Zod and Faora as the main villains and Diana got fodderized by Doomsday the same weak Doomsday Kal tore in half.
    The Circe arc by Tomasi was the only exception and that's pretty much it. Using an exception doesn't do much for your argument.
    This mini so far has been presented as a Wonder Woman book from its plot to its writer and to the mythology it leans on. So yeah the exact opposite of Superman/Wonder Woman which was always a vehicle for Superman stories.
    i dont care about the shared book, so i wont read it, also i wont criticise his choice however in defense of the smww i have to say that us fans never wanted crossovers, what we wanted was a book that sahred the verse and had interchanging storylines, once superman, then wonder woman, then wonder woman, then superman, then superman and so on...

we didnt get that, what we got was a lot of crossovers and some storylines made to demolish them in the long run to at the end kill and erase them both (i consider the actual sm and ww different chars). everyone can get thair preferences, but just go blaming others for not fitting each one to their personal tastes. it is wrong to bully sharp in the same way that it was wrong to bully t. daniel for their subjective preferences

Wasn't the whole SM/WW thing in New52 supposed to be temporary anyway, Rebirth or no Rebirth? I thought I remembered reading that somewhere during the middle of New52's run.