Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Aside from Batman, these look amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's also less critically acclaimed. And why do comics fans' idea of fun only seem to be viewed as Looney Tunes slapstick? People can get enjoyment from a variety of stories.
    I think Gail's run is overall more well regarded than Byrne or Loebs. And I wouldn't classify Marston's work as only being Looney Toons Slapstick. It was goofy, but also got some interesting themes across, and there was a wider variety of locations and antagonists on display. Perez's Wonder Woman dealt with some very serious topics and some of the stories were good or great, but it can be a slog as a whole. There really is no sense of adventure in it.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Aside from Batman, these look amazing.

I think Gail's run is overall more well regarded than Byrne or Loebs.
    That's not difficult, and coming from someone who likes Byrne's run...though I'm biased.

For me it goes

Perez> Rucka > Jimenez > Simone > Luke > Byrne > Loebs.

Though it might be because the artwork for Loebs...puts me off, really

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    That's not difficult, and coming from someone who likes Byrne's run...though I'm biased.

For me it goes

Perez> Rucka > Jimenez > Simone > Luke > Byrne > Loebs.

Though it might be because the artwork for Loebs...puts me off, really
    Isn't that when Deodoato came in ?

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member

Those veins are gross. Instead of looking ripped in a healthy way it looks like he has varicose veins. It'd look great on a character like Bane, not so much someone who isn't supposed to be juiced.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

All-New Member

You will be happy to know that it's now safe for you to buy Brave and the Bold; Sharp has excised the small nod to WonderBat from the story entirely, in an attempt to curtail future harassment over it.

You've won!
    Last edited by T. Arashikage; 01-25-2018 at 10:14 PM.

Sharp's work is stunning! I loved his work on WW. Batman's veins are a bit much unless you see his suit as skin tight as opposed to armor. Overall, though, I think it's gorgeous. I feel like he captures the majesty of WW. I say: more of this!!!

Other than Bats looking a bit roided out, the art looks spectacular!

Extraordinary Member

I'm getting a Kirby-esque vibe from the art.

Mighty Member

Yeah, Bleeding Cool did a write up on the whole affair.

Here's the link.

It really is disgusting that people would engage in this kind of harassment. What is wrong with people?

I had a brief conversation with him on Twitter. I had a thought, he responded, he was nice, I was nice, that was that.

Don't get why that seems to be so hard a concept with some people. I mean, I get it but in only a very, very, very minimized sense compared to how its actually being approached by these social media users. i.e., as a fan of WW, I am of the opinion that I've been burned by her appearances around Batman enough that I can barely stomach it when she's around him anymore. So yeah, I get if other people feel that way. But that's pretty much where my understanding ends, as things always get personal. It always turns into a creator being a bad person somehow. I don't support taking it x1000 like that. Its ridiculous. I feel the same way with the responses King got on his personal Twitter. I had major problems with that issue. But a lot of these people don't address is as critiquing the work and just the work. Again, it turned into attacking the integrity of a human being.

In fact, maybe I change my mind and get this just as a small way of apologizing for all the other people who may have certain likeminded feelings about the character interactions, but so do not know how to have a civilized discussion with someone from behind a keyboard.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-28-2018 at 09:41 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

^^^ It's Tom King's fault if WW fans became x1000 more concerned about Sharp's mini.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-28-2018 at 09:43 PM.

Even that's a pretty poor excuse though for attacking someone personally, though. Hell I'm in the same boat of concern, everyone knows how I feel about Batman in WW's orbit these days. I think its been poison for Diana for 10+ years. So my feelings on it are pretty strong in the negative direction and I'm never shy of expressing it. If people want to express their displeasure with the pairing and give their reasons, go for it. Nothing wrong with that. If that's all it was I wouldn't necessarily sympathize much. But it goes above that. All I'm saying is critique the content, don't critique the person as if anyone has any idea about the man/woman's character. There's a distinction between story and people that a whole hell of a lot of people on social media cannot distinguish. Making it personal just goes above and beyond.

That's why I mostly stick here. None of us are perfect, me included, but you don't see that kind of stuff here. At least not anymore. For all we may argue with each other and rip on books, regardless how exaggerated we may get, I don't see anything we've
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-28-2018 at 09:52 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Even that's a pretty poor excuse though for attacking someone personally, though. Hell I'm in the same boat of concern, everyone knows how I feel about Batman in WW's orbit these days. I think its been poison for Diana for 10+ years. So my feelings on it are pretty strong in the negative direction and I'm never shy of expressing it. All I'm saying is critique the content, don't critique the person as if anyone has any idea about the man/woman's character. There's a distinction between story and people that a whole hell of a lot of people on social media cannot distinguish. Making it personal just goes above and beyond.

That's why I mostly stick here. None of us are perfect, me included, but you don't see that kind of stuff here. At least not anymore.
    Did he really receive so much personal attacks? I have mainly seen tweets from WW fans being concerned for his announced BW/WW fan-service/nod.