Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Preview: Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #13

I'm pretty pumped for Jody Houser's first issue out next week!

Preview:

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-your-vows-13/
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

BANNED

Annie putting her foot down on the Micheal Jackson playlist

Looks pretty solid, art and writing-wise .

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

This series has yet to let me down personally so I'm looking forward to getting it when it comes out

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I wish Stegman was still doing the art, but I love this book
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Looks good, hopefully the new writer can keep up the high standard that's been set.

Good joke, but should Spider-Man be referring to Spiderling as 'Annie' in front of the villains?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Looks good, hopefully the new writer can keep up the high standard that's been set.

Good joke, but should Spider-Man be referring to Spiderling as 'Annie' in front of the villains?
    I think they're training in the Danger Room and these are simulacrums. Annie has supposedly been spending time with the X-Men in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post

Jody Houser has been very consistent on a few of her titles (Like Faith). I have high hopes!
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I actually laughed at that one, and Annie's reaction really sold it. Also, Spider-Woman does have "real" spider-powers, she just doesn't use them much; why wall-crawl when you can fly (or glide, which some spider species actually can do)?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I think they're training in the Danger Room and these are simulacrums. Annie has supposedly been spending time with the X-Men in recent years.
    Ah, good call.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    Jody Houser has been very consistent on a few of her titles (Like Faith). I have high hopes!
    I've not read anything by her, but she's got big shoes to fill following up on Conway's run. This preview shows a lot of promise though.

Annie considering being Spider-Woman really makes no sense. She's younger than Spider-Girl (Anya Corazon) would be. It'd make more sense for Anya to be stated as operating as Arana again, allowing Annie to take the Spider-Girl name. If Anya doesn't exist in the RYV verse at all, then the name wouldn't even be a hand me down.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Annie considering being Spider-Woman really makes no sense. She's younger than Spider-Girl (Anya Corazon) would be. It'd make more sense for Anya to be stated as operating as Arana again, allowing Annie to take the Spider-Girl name. If Anya doesn't exist in the RYV verse at all, then the name wouldn't even be a hand me down.
    In a way, it does. She's at the same age (approximately) that Peter was when he started calling himself Spider-Man, and he wasn't even 18 yet, either. Why can't she call herself Spider-Woman?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Interesting theory. That might explain why Peter has zero qualms about addressing her by name "in the field" (although that has been a little spotty in the earlier issues).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I actually laughed at that one, and Annie's reaction really sold it. Also, Spider-Woman does have "real" spider-powers, she just doesn't use them much; why wall-crawl when you can fly (or glide, which some spider species actually can do)?
    Do we know for sure that Jessica Drew is Spider-Woman in that universe? It could be Julia Carpenter she's talking about. After all, she doesn't actually have spider powers but psionic powers that act similar to them.

Can't wait to see the issue.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)