Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Where is Mary Jane?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Where is Mary Jane?
    Running the shop maybe?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

To be fair it's only a preview, she could be in the scene just without any dialogue in the panels shown. We'll find out sooner or later though.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Do we know for sure that Jessica Drew is Spider-Woman in that universe? It could be Julia Carpenter she's talking about. After all, she doesn't actually have spider powers but psionic powers that act similar to them.
    Psionic powers activated by injections of spider venom modified with exotic plant extracts, so those still count as "spider-powers." That being said, we'll have to see/read the whole issue to know if Mary Jane will be in it or not.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That being said, we'll have to see/read the whole issue to know if Mary Jane will be in it or not.
    We know she's in it. There's unlettered preview pages also which show her and Peter looking at a laptop

I've noticed a peculiar habit of fans often being paranoid whenever or not MJ is going to show up in a book which is all about her marriage to Peter. It happened when it became apparent issue ten was all about Peter and Annie. Everyone thought she'd done a runner with the Venom symbiote, only for fears to be quenched and it was revealed she'd had a "doctor's appointment" (in reality, she'd been spirited away to appear in Venomverse)
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 11-18-2017 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    We know she's in it. There's unlettered preview pages also which show her and Peter looking at a laptop

I've noticed a peculiar habit of fans often being paranoid whenever or not MJ is going to show up in a book which is all about her marriage to Peter. It happened when it became apparent issue ten was all about Peter and Annie. Everyone thought she'd done a runner with the Venom symbiote, only for fears to be quenched and it was revealed she'd had a "doctor's appointment" (in reality, she'd been spirited away to appear in Venomverse)
    We get paranoid --- or flat-out scared --- because this is the only shot we get at a relatively well-written and likeable Mary Jane Watson, though I'll admit Spider-Gwen's version has been a lot less abrasive and mean-spirited since deducing her drummer's secret identity.

Just realized that Kraven appearing in the comic probably means that "Kraven's Last Hunt" didn't happen in the RYV world.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Just realized that Kraven appearing in the comic probably means that "Kraven's Last Hunt" didn't happen in the RYV world.
    Eh, it's been eight years, something similar to "Grim Hunt" could have still happened in between that time. "Grim Hunt" is one of those "fixed" events that has occurred in alternate realities too, as I recall it once had a "What If" focusing on it.

We get paranoid --- or flat-out scared --- because this is the only shot we get at a relatively well-written and likeable Mary Jane Watson, though I'll admit Spider-Gwen's version has been a lot less abrasive and mean-spirited since deducing her drummer's secret identity.
    MJ is very likable in the newspaper strip also.

I understand your concern though. Marvel have made Mary Jane and marriage dirty words for the most part.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 11-18-2017 at 02:30 AM.

BANNED

Havent we allready discussed this several times? There are plenty of reasons why we have Kraven here including soemthing similiar to Grim hunt happening which would make perfect sense because then we would have his daughter there too and we could have a fathers/daughters fight.

Eh, it's been eight years, something similar to "Grim Hunt" could have still happened in between that time. "Grim Hunt" is one of those "fixed" events that has occurred in alternate realities too, as I recall it once had a "What If" focusing on it.

MJ is very likable in the newspaper strip also.

I understand your concern though. Marvel have made Mary Jane and marriage dirty words for the most part.
    Thanks. I sadly don't get the Spider-Man Newspaper Strip, but I've liked what comparatively little I've seen of it, especially where Mary Jane is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Havent we allready discussed this several times? There are plenty of reasons why we have Kraven here including soemthing similiar to Grim hunt happening which would make perfect sense because then we would have his daughter there too and we could have a fathers/daughters fight.
    Annie May Parker vs. Ana Kravinoff. That would be an awesome fight, and we could also throw in Mary Jane versus Sasha Kravinoff, and of course, Peter vs. Sergei. Make the Kravens a twisted parallel to the Parkers if we want to do more than just show them fighting each other. Hmm, come to think of it, in 616, Lizard turned his cloned/"reanimated" family into Lizards like himself to save them from the Carrion virus causing them to degenerate, and RYV has Lizard and Son, too, so why not throw in Martha Connors and make the Lizards a family trio just like the Spiders? And wait, doesn't Sandman have a daughter, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    The thing is, there's no evidence of an RYV version of a "Grim Hunt," which was a story that not only took place after Civil War (which is a known diversion point between RYV and 616), it's also a post-OMD event, so's twice removed from this timeline, so to speak. Also, we don't know the original divergence point between the two timelines, but stuff around the wedding is where it gets muddy (for example, MJ has a different dress in her wedding picture in the RYV series than she did in the actual story).

At the end of the day, given that this's an AU, "Kraven's Last Hunt" not happening is a more likely scenario than some version of a story that's never been addressed in the comic happening somewhere off to the side. Now, if it's ever confirmed that the first divergence point was indeed after "Kraven's Last Hunt" and we must reconcile how he committed suicide but is now alive, yeah, I get that. However, until that comes up, I think Occam's razor is more likely.

Thanks. I sadly don't get the Spider-Man Newspaper Strip, but I've liked what comparatively little I've seen of it, especially where Mary Jane is concerned.
    You can read it online here: http://comicskingdom.com/amazing-spider-man. There's a small backlog and it does update regularly. (I think there also book collections, but I'm not sure how far they got to the present yet).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The thing is, there's no evidence of an RYV version of a "Grim Hunt," which was a story that not only took place after Civil War (which is a known diversion point between RYV and 616), it's also a post-OMD event, so's twice removed from this timeline, so to speak. Also, we don't know the original divergence point between the two timelines, but stuff around the wedding is where it gets muddy (for example, MJ has a different dress in her wedding picture in the RYV series than she did in the actual story).

At the end of the day, given that this's an AU, "Kraven's Last Hunt" not happening is a more likely scenario than some version of a story that's never been addressed in the comic happening somewhere off to the side. Now, if it's ever confirmed that the first divergence point was indeed after "Kraven's Last Hunt" and we must reconcile how he committed suicide but is now alive, yeah, I get that. However, until that comes up, I think Occam's razor is more likely.

You can read it online here: http://comicskingdom.com/amazing-spider-man. There's a small backlog and it does update regularly. (I think there also book collections, but I'm not sure how far they got to the present yet).
    Thanks for the link. I will definitely check it out.

It'd be kinda funny if some big stuff happened in the 8 year gap (IE- Harry returning from the dead.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It'd be kinda funny if some big stuff happened in the 8 year gap (IE- Harry returning from the dead.)
    Like...A knock on the door happens and Annie rushes to the door opening it to reveal: Gwen Stacy (drawn and posed in the style of when Peter met MJ for the first time) shocking readers. However Annie response is: "Aunt Gwen! So happy to see you. Mom will be right down."
    It then is revealed to us that this family had ANOTHER clone type tale #126 7 years ago but this time this new version of Gwen born by science lived (by Annie's intervention) and became an 'Aunt' to Annie and apart of the family (biggest twist of all that clone Gwen still lives beating out the life expectancy of all Gwen clones presented thus far from 30 years of clone tales). The family reacts like it's no big deal seeing Gwen and treating her like a commonly visiting family member because she has been apart of the extended family for 7 years now opposite to the fan reaction. Gwen is there because it's Tuesday and MJ and Gwen are apart of a roller derby league that they defend their championship belt weekly at

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Maybe he comes back and busts January out of prison

There's a small backlog and it does update regularly. (I think there also book collections, but I'm not sure how far they got to the present yet).
    The IDW trades are closer to the beginning of the 80s, so still some while to go before they even get to the marriage
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 11-20-2017 at 02:56 AM.